PDA

View Full Version : Bayonetta

Ayen
03-17-2014, 06:11 PM
I remember first hearing about this game because the main character looked like Sarah Palin, but only played it quite recently. As in this past week recently. It was one of many requests I've received from friends to review so I got the Xbox 360 port off Amazon and went nuts. I know there's a sequel exclusive to the Wii-U, but I don't have a Wii-U so that's not in my immediate future, if at all. Has anyone else here played any of the games? What did you think?

Discuss.

Dalkaen
03-17-2014, 06:45 PM
I don't play a ton of actions games but I really dug Bayonetta. It's extremely fast paced and has decent difficulty. Very visceral and satisfying to play. As I recall it was even longer than most action games--I think I logged around 16 hours on it, but maybe I was just slow.

Shauna
03-17-2014, 07:12 PM
I got the Xbox 360 port

The game was built for the 360? :p There was a poor PS3 port, IIRC, which had a few bugs and issues that made it not quite as good.

Bayonetta was a ~fabulous~ game and I thoroughly enjoyed it. So ridiculous in so many ways. Dat final boss. It kicked my butt so many times, but it was just such a joy to play at all times. Even when I was super mad at dying. I don't think I will ever master the game, because I am just not good enough at it, but I will revisit it from time to time, to be flown to the moon.

Major excite for Bayonetta 2. Currently the only reason I am happy we own a WiiU.

Dat Matt
03-17-2014, 07:51 PM
She is super psyched about Mario Kart of course. I saw on newegg the release date was the first week in June, but no where else has backed this up. I'm sure we'll all get flown to the moon when it does come out.

Ayen
03-17-2014, 09:01 PM
I got the Xbox 360 port

The game was built for the 360? :p There was a poor PS3 port, IIRC, which had a few bugs and issues that made it not quite as good.

Bayonetta was a ~fabulous~ game and I thoroughly enjoyed it. So ridiculous in so many ways. Dat final boss. It kicked my butt so many times, but it was just such a joy to play at all times. Even when I was super mad at dying. I don't think I will ever master the game, because I am just not good enough at it, but I will revisit it from time to time, to be flown to the moon.

Major excite for Bayonetta 2. Currently the only reason I am happy we own a WiiU.

Port, version, for the Xbox. Whatever term works. I got so used to saying port and nobody's ever around to correct me.

I had for some reason thought Bayonetta 2 was already released. Summer of 2014, huh? Should be interesting.

Shauna
03-17-2014, 09:28 PM
I will correct you because port implies that it was originally elsewhere and converted to run on another system. :colbert: Can't be wrong on the internet, man.

Ayen
03-17-2014, 09:55 PM
Can't be wrong on the internet, man.

I know it. I already got some Italians coming over to kick my ass.

Skyblade
03-18-2014, 12:09 AM

If you're happy about upcoming games, Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem is the top reason to be happy about owning a Wii U.

Shauna
03-18-2014, 12:20 AM
Well, SMTxFE is barely a thing at this point, so until I hear more about it, Bayonetta 2 will sit firmly at the top of my list. The only game on my list.

Dat Matt
03-18-2014, 01:15 AM
We can get excited about a lot of things in relation to the Wii U. Bayonetta 2, Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Brothers U, X, Hyrule Warriors. SMT x FE. Problem is only Mario Kart 8 has a confirmed release date. I am excited for all of them, but to use X as an example we just have one gameplay trailer and no extra information. The Nintendo Hype Train (https://1-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/vp/image/1368/18/1368188103839.png) would be far greater if we had more information, a release date, anything else to go on.

DMKA
03-18-2014, 01:38 AM
I loved the first game, and I hate that the sequel is a Wii U exclusive, because no way am I going to buy a Wii U just for that game...or at least, not until years from now when the Wii U is super cheap on eBay. :p

Although, to be fair, the only thing my 360 really ever gets used for is Bayonetta and Lost Odyssey. :p

Ayen
03-18-2014, 02:23 AM
Nintendo helped with the development of the game and there wouldn't have been a sequel without them, apparently, so that's why it ended up being a Wii-U exclusive.

Dalkaen
03-18-2014, 03:26 PM
Bayonetta 2 is definitely enough reason to get a Wii U for me, but beyond that there's the new Smash Bros and any Fire Emblem-related title that might be released. I feel like they're mostly going the handheld route from now on, but SMT x FE will probably be amazing.

Madame Adequate
03-18-2014, 10:17 PM
Tried it, found it a mediocre and unenjoyable experience.

Sephiroth
03-18-2014, 11:50 PM
Have it and buy the next one.

Good Lydia avatar, Tori.