PDA

View Full Version : FF X/ X-2 HD How are you playing it?

Hollycat
03-19-2014, 01:08 AM
So, as we all know, the remaster of FFX and X-2 came out in America today and will be releasing in EU in 3 days.

My question to you is how are you playing the games, and on what platform?

I'm playing on my Vita with headphones while.....

wait for it....

Walking on a treadmill!

I'm getting my game on while I exercise.

Oh, and also I guess, give me your first impressions.

Mirage
03-19-2014, 02:08 AM
Due to the strict turn based nature of FF10, I can see myself on an exercise bike while playing. It should be a pretty laid back affair, considering I was able to play tales of xillia while on it as well.

Nebulance
03-19-2014, 02:33 AM
I got it on PS3, hopefully starting up in the next few days; quite busy at work at the moment… most definitely towards the middle of next week though! The art book looks great though, really cool to look at these prints and read the captions :)

DMKA
03-19-2014, 04:57 AM
Playing on PS3 while sitting on my ass. :p

I just got to Kilika, and I must say that the reviews are accurate; its hands down the best HD Remaster to date. What they've done with the visuals is pretty remarkable. They're so improved that I completely forget I'm not playing a 7th gen game at times.

If there's one negative I've found so far, its that the new battle music took some getting used to. :p

Karifean
03-19-2014, 09:18 AM
I can hardly wait for this to be released in Europe. I'll be getting the PS3 version. I'm probably one of the few people who will actually start with X-2 HD.

Sephiroth
03-19-2014, 09:44 AM
I can hardly wait for this to be released in Europe. I'll be getting the PS3 version. I'm probably one of the few people who will actually start with X-2 HD.

Me too as I am done with Final Fantasy X HD already.

Bubba
03-19-2014, 01:20 PM
I'll be rocking it on my Vita when I finally get round to purchasing it. I never finished it the first time round so I'm interested to see how it ends.

black orb
03-19-2014, 03:07 PM
>>> I`ll get it tomorrow..:luca:

New battle music? that sound... interesting.

AssassinDX
03-19-2014, 04:50 PM
I'm getting it on PS3 when it (hopefully) arrives on Friday, as for how I'm playing it, slumped on my sofa like I do for all my games. :p

On a related note, I got an email about my pre-order yesterday, stating that the game was being processed and details on how to track it. The link took me to a page that shows FFX HD as being 'shipped' along with other games I've bought over the past year or so - The Lego Movie Video Game, SimCity and a PS3 controller - all of those also say 'shipped' so I got very, very excited that I'd get the game early.

I then got another email stating the following:

Great news! We've started processing your order and will have it ready for delivery very soon.

If you've ordered more than one item then your order may turn up in multiple deliveries. Also, please note that if you use our online tracker it may show your order as 'shipped' - this means we have packed your order ready for delivery - get ready for release day!

So my game that has its status set to shipped... hasn't actually been shipped. Wonderful.

Carl the Llama
03-20-2014, 12:18 AM
I hate you Americans, LR early, FFX early... where's the love for europe?

Mirage
03-20-2014, 12:22 AM
Deep up between SE's hairy buttcheeks.

Dante WolfWood
03-20-2014, 04:46 AM
I am playing it on ps2 since I don't have a ps3 or vita ;_; (sold my ps3) but seeing it release gave me a desire to play it again. Forgot how much I love this game!

Tip: If you haven't started yet, remember to fam piranhas at the ruins in the beginning for ability spheres. Those things are impossible to get afterwards until after the blitzball tournament. Have to get Overkills; Rikku's grenades work pretty well.

gmarcturus
03-20-2014, 06:22 AM
I'm streaming the PS3 version on Twitch. If you are interested in checking it out you can find it at Twitch (http://www.twitch.tv/grandmasterarcturus).

Sephex
03-20-2014, 06:31 AM
I may be getting this tomorrow, and I am going to continues to accumulate new fat while playing it!

Noctis Caelum
03-20-2014, 10:43 AM
I haven't got it yet. I finally got rid of my Xbox 360, and just got a PS3. I really, really want X/X-2, but for $50 (it's $45 plus tax in Canada), I can't justify it right now. Not when so many other first party games are a lot cheaper. Gonna wait and hope it drops in price. But I literally cannot wait for it.

noxious.sunshine
03-20-2014, 05:30 PM
we got it yesterday!

Jay startrd on X, and I started on X-2, but I freaking loathe the whole "100%" thing.. I always screw up and miss something in the process so having a walkthrough is almost mandatory.

Karifean
03-20-2014, 07:21 PM
we got it yesterday!

Jay startrd on X, and I started on X-2, but I freaking loathe the whole "100%" thing.. I always screw up and miss something in the process so having a walkthrough is almost mandatory.

I have to say what I always say: Do not go for 100% in one playthrough.

For several reasons.
- 100% does not mean you've seen everything X-2 has to offer. In fact, there's quite a bunch of side content that gives no %.
- If you don't know what you're doing, it can be incredibly tedious (as it seems to be for you). FFX-2 can be really arbitrary when it comes to what gives % and what doesn't which can be very frustrating.
- It's simply a lot more enjoyable if you don't have the % counter dangling over your head. Simply being able to skip quests you don't feel like doing is great. The game is built around you accumulating % points over multiple playthroughs, eventually reaching 100%. Don't even think of New Game Plus as "playing the game a second time", but rather simply the continuation of your current playthrough. Forcing yourself to do everything immediatly even if you hate doing it leads to nothing productive at all.

EtcherSketcher
03-21-2014, 05:02 AM
I'm streaming the PS3 version on Twitch. If you are interested in checking it out you can find it at Twitch (http://www.twitch.tv/grandmasterarcturus).
Gave you a follow :)

I'll be getting it soon enough, playing on PS3. I emulated it about 6 months ago so will keep it on the long finger for a while seeing as I replayed it rather recently already.

black orb
03-21-2014, 08:09 AM
>>> This game need a skip button badly, and whats wrong with Tidus eyes? they freak me out..

Other than that Im loving the game..:luca:

Nebulance
03-21-2014, 12:43 PM
we got it yesterday!

I have to say what I always say: Do not go for 100% in one playthrough.

For several reasons.
- 100% does not mean you've seen everything X-2 has to offer. In fact, there's quite a bunch of side content that gives no %.
- If you don't know what you're doing, it can be incredibly tedious (as it seems to be for you). FFX-2 can be really arbitrary when it comes to what gives % and what doesn't which can be very frustrating.
- It's simply a lot more enjoyable if you don't have the % counter dangling over your head. Simply being able to skip quests you don't feel like doing is great. The game is built around you accumulating % points over multiple playthroughs, eventually reaching 100%. Don't even think of New Game Plus as "playing the game a second time", but rather simply the continuation of your current playthrough. Forcing yourself to do everything immediatly even if you hate doing it leads to nothing productive at all.

This is exactly how I got 100% on X-2.

Carl the Llama
03-22-2014, 05:31 PM
Tip: If you haven't started yet, remember to fam piranhas at the ruins in the beginning for ability spheres. Those things are impossible to get afterwards until after the blitzball tournament. Have to get Overkills; Rikku's grenades work pretty well.

This is no longer necessary as in the new version you have a new ability on Wakka that is called Extract Ability on the stardard sg and its right in the middle of the starting area of the expert sg.