PDA

View Full Version : Meatballs!

Freya
03-19-2014, 03:39 AM
I've been trying different meatball recipes lately. I have developed a love for Spaghetti Squash Spaghetti and I want meatballs with it!

Did the one that won me the master of the fork but tonight I tried another. Spinach and Onion beef meatballs. I didn't like the recipes I was finding cause they all had random ingredients I didn't have. So I made my own recipe! And I wanted to share.

52463Ingredients for meatballs:
Frozen Spinach
Chopped green onions
Ground Beef
Minced Garlic
Eggs
Pepper
Salt

Ingredients for Spaghetti Squash Spaghetti:
Spaghetti Squash
Butter
Minced Garlic (I love garlic mmkay?)
Parmesan Cheese
Some milk
Olive oil

Ingredients for sauce:
And tomato sauce for... sauce!
Basil

Instructions:
Pre-heat oven to 350. Cut Squash in half. Put some olive oil over the edges and if you have any garlic powder you an add that (I like it okay?) and bake for 35 minutes.

Nuke your spinach in the microwave and then drain all excess water off it. Mix All the meat ball ingredients together and make small meatballs (the larger they were the more likely they were to fall apart!). Cook in a pan. You can use olive oil to help or just let it cook as normal. Either or.

In ANOTHER pot, cook your sauce with basil in it.

When Squash is done, take a fork and pull out all the spaghettiness. In another large pot cook those ingredients together until it taste delicious when you sample cause YAY sampling.

When everything is done, put the squash down, the sauce and then the meatballs! TADA Delicious.

I didn't want to put it in the cookbook thread cause i have no idea what measurements I used. I just throw things together and yah.

ANYWAY. Do you like meatballs? Are there any type you prefer? Italian, Chicken Parm, these delicious babies?

LET'S TALK ABOUT MEATBALLS!

Pumpkin
03-19-2014, 04:32 AM
I have a basil meatball recipe. It is delicious.

I do like meatballs, but I prefer small ones to big ones. They aren't a staple in my spaghetti, but they're nice sometimes.

Shorty
03-19-2014, 05:13 AM
I went years without putting meatballs in my spaghetti. I don't know how I ever did it. They are the best things ever.

Except meatball subs, blech.

Ayen
03-19-2014, 08:17 AM
I love meatballs. Meatballs were always the first things I went for in my pasta. I have no idea what those ABC's meatballs were made up, but OMG they tasted so good!

Bubba
03-19-2014, 01:40 PM
Mmmm... balls of meat.

I love huge ones that are the size of tennis balls.

Old Manus
03-19-2014, 02:11 PM
[Insert joke about faggots here]

Freya
03-19-2014, 07:24 PM
I don't always put them in my pasta but lately it's been a must.

Jiro
03-22-2014, 10:13 AM
meatballs go alright, I've never really had amazing ones though.

Flaming Ice
03-22-2014, 02:14 PM
Yum garlic is amazing, never tried any with spinach though.

I used to make chicken meatballs with a mango salad dressing my mom bought...pretty good. I usually make my own BBQ sauce to put in too ( I can't stand processed sauces).

I want to try veal sometime too but hopefully it doesn't dry out too easily.