PDA

View Full Version : The Little Mermaid...

noxious.sunshine
03-21-2014, 03:41 AM
.... Yep. There's gonna be a live action adaptation apparently ... With Sofia Coppola directing!

No word yet on who's going to be the leading lady as Coppola is still in talks to seal the deal, but from what I've read, it'll likely be closer to the original Hans Christian Anderson version instead of the Disney fairytale.

I hope this happens. . I would love to see this version made into a movie.. Along with Cinderella and other Disney movies that originally had darker storylines..

Who do you think should be Ariel and Prince Eric!? & Ursula (Queen Latifa, I think, personally. I mean dat Annie Leibovitz photo was incredibly spot on) & the other characters!?

LA Times (http://touch.latimes.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-79670770/)

Ayen
03-21-2014, 04:03 AM
I shall be following this with excitement and caution and ready to judge everything overly harshly than I would have otherwise because I love The Little Mermaid and if it bombs there shall be much bloodshed.

Shorty
03-21-2014, 04:26 AM
I normally would wince away from this in disgust, but I wholeheartedly support anything and everything Sofia Coppola does so I will see this film, especially if it's based on the sad fairy tale version, and I hope I like it.

Curious about who will be who and IF THEY WILL LEAVE OUT SEBASTIAN AND FLOUNDER AND INSTEAD INCLUDE FRITZ THE DOLPHIN

Shlup
03-21-2014, 09:44 PM
They best be preparing their buttholes for my wrath. Though I do love me some Sofia Coppola, so I will have to cop to some excitement.

Shorty
03-27-2014, 05:26 AM
Holy crap, an article that delves into some deep explanations about The Little Mermaid and theories behind it. I never knew this stuff! I'm not so sure if I love the parallels the article-writer is drawing to Ms. Coppola's work, but I found it to be an interesting read.

The Little Mermaid's Twisted, Sofia Coppola-esque Origins - Noah Gittell - The Atlantic (http://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2014/03/-em-the-little-mermaid-em-s-twisted-sofia-coppola-esque-origins/284529/)

noxious.sunshine
03-31-2014, 05:48 PM
That -is- vrry interesting..

Im excited for this project to happen.

Chris
04-01-2014, 08:56 AM
I am going to mock this. Fervently.

NeoCracker
04-01-2014, 09:58 AM
Now way it will be dumber then the Disney version!

*runs away*

maybee
04-01-2014, 10:02 AM
Wonder if it's going to have the Disney ending, or book ending.

If it's terrible, I'm hoping book ending. xD

Mercen-X
04-02-2014, 05:01 AM
Which version is the one in which the prince screws the mermaid and leaves her for another woman once he'd gotten what he wanted? Was that just the Princess series version.