PDA

View Full Version : Jem and the Holograms Movie

Depression Moon
03-22-2014, 03:41 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzVnNVrunAE

I'm happy that one is getting made, but I looked up this director and found out he did Step Up 2, Step Up 3D, and a Justin Beiber movie. My hopes of it being good have been crushed.

maybee
03-22-2014, 01:06 PM
yes !

he did Step Up 2, Step Up 3D, and a Justin Beiber movie.

No !

Hell no !

noxious.sunshine
03-22-2014, 08:23 PM
SHUT THE ACTUAL MOTHERsmurfING FRONT DOOR.

JEM MOVIE IS GETTING MADE~?!

OH MY GOD.

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

My Parker and I looooooooooooooooooooooooooove Jem!! I had the Jem barbie when I was little and my sister and I watched it allllllll the time!

And I absolutely love the way they're going about making and casting this movie. So freaking awesome.

EDIT: I hope it's not a crap adaptation like Josie and the Pussycats. OMFG that movie was the worst.

John Davis
03-23-2014, 10:11 AM
This kind of thing is almost always a bad idea. I remember this show from when I was very young and it kind of is nostalgic, but I rewatched it on Netflix recently and it was a pretty unremarkable 80's thing.

Ayen
03-23-2014, 10:56 AM
it was a pretty unremarkable 80's thing.

It came out in the eighties? No wonder they want to make a movie out of it.

noxious.sunshine
03-23-2014, 05:33 PM

Yes it's an 80s cartoon.

Did y'all kniw that the girl who sang Jem's songs and the girl who did her speaking voice have never met face to face?

Big D
03-24-2014, 12:21 AM
I reckon an important question is this:

Will it be an adaptation of the cartoon, or will it be a dreaded "gritty reboot"?

Ayen
03-24-2014, 01:07 AM

Yes it's an 80s cartoon.

Needs moar dots.

John Davis
03-24-2014, 01:52 AM
Did y'all kniw that the girl who sang Jem's songs and the girl who did her speaking voice have never met face to face?
Was this done on purpose?

noxious.sunshine
03-24-2014, 04:19 AM
lol moar dots.

I don't think it was intentional at all.. They just had opposite recording sc
hedules and never got around to meeting.

Shiny
03-24-2014, 08:38 AM
Who dis?

blackmage_nuke
03-24-2014, 09:56 AM
I havent seen the cartoon but upon looking it up on youtube I hope this is a 30 years later movie where all the characters are retired or in the gutter and want to have one last tour. Antics ensue.

John Davis
03-24-2014, 01:24 PM
I think it's a really poor basis for a movie.

Forsaken Lover
03-25-2014, 12:57 AM
Screw the haters, Jem was an amazing cartoon.

But this...this is...they are clearly trying to replicate the success of Bayformers. But it won't. At least I hope not. I couldn't care less if they destroyed Transformers but Jem is a show I love.

MJN SEIFER
03-25-2014, 04:58 PM
Why should we care what movies the director did? Surely the overall quallity of the movie depends on the writers? I mean, say you hated the movies you mentioned, but the writer may have not written them, and actually writen one of the best movies you've seen so far.

blackmage_nuke
03-25-2014, 11:28 PM
Why should we care what movies the director did? Surely the overall quallity of the movie depends on the writers? I mean, say you hated the movies you mentioned, but the writer may have not written them, and actually writen one of the best movies you've seen so far.
I use to think this too but then I saw a movie that Christopher Nolan wrote but didnt direct and I did not like it (whereas I pretty much love every film where he writes and directs)

The writers can make as good a story as they like but it's still just a story. To make a good movie you need a good director. Also sometimes a bad directors will decide to discard parts with good writing or leave in parts with bad writing.

Take the Hobbit. Great story, horrible movie.

MJN SEIFER
03-26-2014, 01:33 AM
I use to think this too but then I saw a movie that Christopher Nolan wrote but didnt direct and I did not like it (whereas I pretty much love every film where he writes and directs)

The writers can make as good a story as they like but it's still just a story. To make a good movie you need a good director. Also sometimes a bad directors will decide to discard parts with good writing or leave in parts with bad writing.

Take the Hobbit. Great story, horrible movie. I think I see what you mean. I still find it odd that it always tends to be the directors mentioned first though (maybe because I'm sort of* a writer), but the way you explain it puts it into perspective more.

I guess ultimately everyone should do their jobs correctly to make a good movie, good writing, good directing, good acting, etc.

*I say "sort of" because I have yet to publish anything, or become "known", but I do write.

Ayen
03-26-2014, 04:19 AM
Directors are free to interpret a screenplay any way they see fit and are not required to consult the writer at all. Screenplays are also meant to be written in a way where it can be free to interpretation, that's why screenplays in general don't go into too much detail.

Another example of a good story that was brought to life horribly: Buffy the Vampire Slayer 1992 movie.

Forsaken Lover
03-27-2014, 03:47 AM
The Buffy movie would have been legitimately good if it was just an hour of that one vampire dying.

Also I wonder if this will be in the movie
FpH4QruR0gY

Depression Moon
03-27-2014, 06:44 AM
The Buffy movie would have been legitimately good if it was just an hour of that one vampire dying.

Also I wonder if this will be in the movie
FpH4QruR0gY

If they don't have any of the ridiculous violence created by Raymond or the Misfits it will be more of a guaranteed suck than it's already looking right now.

noxious.sunshine
04-25-2014, 01:07 PM
Jem and the Holograms Movie Casts Nashville Star Aubrey Peeples - Us Weekly (http://m.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/jem-and-the-holograms-movie-casts-nashville-star-aubrey-peeples-2014244)

I'm not happy with this.

I can dig Aja, but I -hate- Aubrey Peeples. She isn't that great in Nashville and looks nothing like Jem.

Besides the fact, that youtube video said they wanted to find unknown actresses for the lead parts. Clearly, they didn't do that.

Shauna
04-25-2014, 01:18 PM
Just merged this with the existing thread.

noxious.sunshine
04-25-2014, 01:27 PM
lol thanks. I couldnt find it

Calliope
04-26-2014, 05:07 AM
It has recently come to my attention that the new Jem dolls are really, really cool (http://integritytoys.com/jemandtheholograms/collection-hollywood-jem.php).

noxious.sunshine
04-26-2014, 10:24 AM
:| Looks like a flat chested, pink haired, young Dolly Parton to me.