PDA

View Full Version : Differences?

Carl the Llama
03-22-2014, 05:10 PM
So I just started playing FFX HD, and I noticed right away it seems Tidus looks... hung over? he has bags under his eyes lol

I like the new music, seems a lot clearer and crisp sounding, and the wave sounds are just amazing. Other then the sound and the new graphics has anyone come across any significant changes? What did you guys make of the Eternal Calm? Also has anyone started Last Mission? Also I would be highly surprised if every single American hasn't got for the Expert Spheregrid, and while it may be to late to warn you, the standard is the better of the 2 as it has 51 more nodes then the Expert, imagine if you will 51 extra HP+ nodes, probably not nessisary for all who seek to conquer the Dark Aeons and Penance, but definitely a benefit.

Karifean
03-22-2014, 06:11 PM
Other then the sound and the new graphics has anyone come across any significant changes?

FFX-2 now has Creature Create. That's pretty significant.

I went for Expert SG once more and now I'm really starting to appreciate how nicely it's strung together. Taking Wakka down Auron's path and detouring him a few Sphere Levels to learn Slow and Slowga along the way. Taking Rikku over to Yuna's grid to quickly get Dispel and Reflect. Lots of cool stuff.

Carl the Llama
03-22-2014, 06:17 PM
Other then the sound and the new graphics has anyone come across any significant changes?

FFX-2 now has Creature Create. That's pretty significant.

I went for Expert SG once more and now I'm really starting to appreciate how nicely it's strung together. Taking Wakka down Auron's path and detouring him a few Sphere Levels to learn Slow and Slowga along the way. Taking Rikku over to Yuna's grid to quickly get Dispel and Reflect. Lots of cool stuff.

What's Creature Create?

I agree Expert SG is great in terms of flexibility, but those 51 extra nodes makes me go for the Standard SG every time. Also I just noticed that Tidus' head seems a little... weird at times, the general positioning of it seems like its stuck on his neck with crazy glue or something lol, I don't know whether to be freaked out by it or go HA HA HA HA HAAA, HA HA HA HA HAAAAAA >.<

Karifean
03-22-2014, 08:15 PM
What's Creature Create?

You'll know once you begin playing FFX-2. It's awesome.

I agree Expert SG is great in terms of flexibility, but those 51 extra nodes makes me go for the Standard SG every time.

On the PS2 Version I never once actually used up every slot on the grid, so it never bothered me. Plus, my reasoning was exactly the reverse: I went for Expert SG partly BECAUSE it has less nodes - since the Perfect Sphere Master trophy apparently requires that you fill in and activate every single node on the grid. It should save a bit of work.

Carl the Llama
03-22-2014, 08:35 PM
What's Creature Create?

I agree Expert SG is great in terms of flexibility, but those 51 extra nodes makes me go for the Standard SG every time.

On the PS2 Version I never once actually used up every slot on the grid, so it never bothered me. Plus, my reasoning was exactly the reverse: I went for Expert SG partly BECAUSE it has less nodes - since the Perfect Sphere Master trophy apparently requires that you fill in and activate every single node on the grid. It should save a bit of work.

Did you ever play the international version? Those nodes go a long way to helping you defeat those Dark Aeons, you are basically giving up 15k HP which is nothing to shrug off, and as for filling those extra 51 nodes, it isn't really that hard, you will be able to abuse the Overdrive > AP mode combined with one of the end game sub bosses from the monster arena to give a huge boost to your SG completion.

Karifean
03-22-2014, 08:37 PM
Did you ever play the international version? Those nodes go a long way to helping you defeat those Dark Aeons, you are basically giving up 15k HP which is nothing to shrug off, and as for filling those extra 51 nodes, it isn't really that hard, you will be able to abuse the Overdrive > AP mode combined with one of the end game sub bosses from the monster arena to give a huge boost to your SG completion.

I played the PAL version. Although I only ever once beat the Dark Aeons and Penance and that was pretty recently, and I didn't use Break HP Limit.

Carl the Llama
03-22-2014, 09:36 PM

I played the PAL version. Although I only ever once beat the Dark Aeons and Penance and that was pretty recently, and I didn't use Break HP Limit.

I always broke my HP limit as the idea of one of my characters dieing during the Penance fight and throwing the balance off in such a long fight is kind of irritating... but I suppose it comes down to personal preference, as I said it isn't necessary for beating them but it helps.

Just out of curiosity, what abilities did you have on your fight against Penance?

Karifean
03-22-2014, 09:45 PM
Just out of curiosity, what abilities did you have on your fight against Penance?

Auto-Haste, Auto-Protect, Def +20% and Stoneproof. I didn't feel like making an additional set of armors just for Penance himself, so I just used the same as I did in the Bahamut and Yojimbo fights. :P

Jessweeee♪
03-22-2014, 11:08 PM
I'm up to D'jose in FFX. The only things I don't like so far:
Pushing the pedestals in the cloister trials are a pain in the ass for some reason.
Many NPC faces use the old textures and it's a weird blend sometimes.

Mirage
03-23-2014, 02:12 PM
What's Creature Create?

You can actually beat the dark aeons without even using break hp limit.

DMKA
03-23-2014, 05:52 PM
I was going to choose expert but I chickened out and went with standard because I recall reading years ago that the highest final end game stats are actually possible with the standard.

black orb
03-23-2014, 05:59 PM
>>> Tidus creep-ass eyes, musical arrangement, and new textures.. Thats what I have seen so far..:luca:

Jessweeee♪
03-23-2014, 06:17 PM
I thought about using standard instead because I knew it had more nodes, then I thought about what it actually takes to fill them and I was like, it so doesn't matter because I'm not gonna fill those nodes.