PDA

View Full Version : I want to thank this game...

Fynn
03-24-2014, 07:46 PM
For letting Hamauzu write one of the most beautiful video game soundtracks of all time.

How about you guys?

Sephex
03-25-2014, 07:06 AM
I love that battle theme. I have a lot of issues that many have expressed with this title, but whatever. I have seen far worse RPGs. Sorry, all my responses can't be winners! *awkwardly leaves thread*

Psychotic
03-25-2014, 08:12 AM
Yeah, agreed with Sephex. Blinded by Light is one fucking incredible track, definitely up there with the best that Uematsu composed.

Jiro
03-25-2014, 09:49 AM
Echoing the sentiments above.

For Bananagun Jones and the Frocobo. For pointing out people who think that having your closest family member die and being angry and sad about it makes you weak and annoying so I can never turn to them for comfort when things are going bad :monster:

Forsaken Lover
03-25-2014, 09:53 AM
For the scene where Jihl dies a pointless, unmemorable death.

For Snow, who is pretty sexy and likable.

LunarWeaver
03-25-2014, 07:38 PM
The festive battle theme is a highlight. I also am thankful it let me run around Australia since I'll never see the country myself.

Mirage
03-25-2014, 10:16 PM
For the scene where Jihl dies a pointless, unmemorable death.

For Snow, who is pretty sexy and likable.

wut, snow is like a complete asshat douche

But yeah, the soundtrack is really great and I don't hate blinded by light but that's not even the best track.

The festive battle theme is a highlight. I also am thankful it let me run around Australia since I'll never see the country myself.

dude it doesn't even compare, behemoths are a lot bigger in real life

Forsaken Lover
03-25-2014, 10:31 PM
Snow is friendly, honest and doing everything he can for the woman he loves.

Compared to Hope's Angsting, Lightning being a bitch, Feng being introduced way too late for me to care about her, and Sazh's and Vanille's stories not interesting me, he was the only party member I could both relate to and like. I could empathize with Hope but he doesn't have that jovial, cheery air that makes me prefer Snow.

black orb
03-28-2014, 11:02 PM
>>> For make me learn that I should never waste my money on a copy of Lightning Returns (atleast not a new one)..:luca:

Formalhaut
04-12-2014, 10:19 AM
The game's soundtrack is one of it's highest points for me. Blinded by Light is a good one, but I also like whatever the main boss theme is. That's very good as well, and that Bart boss theme...

Even the ambient music when not in battle is nice as well. The Archlyte Steppe is great, and I like the Sunleth Waterscape as well.

Shorty
04-19-2014, 09:26 PM
http://i548.photobucket.com/albums/ii325/demosthynes/egg07_zps0783d440.gif

I Took the Red Pill
04-19-2014, 09:30 PM
Claim this

magemasher
05-13-2014, 12:10 PM
I thnk xiii has the best music of all games, especially a will to fight, the charecters and story were great except Hope and Snow. Just a shame about the really long corridor.

Oh yeah it amused me that the final save point was in an actual corridor.

ScottNUMBERS
05-20-2014, 12:46 AM
I'd like to thank this game for saving me £80 in sequels.

Neptunia
05-28-2014, 12:09 AM
I like the sound track, with the exception of the english title song, I mean seriously "my hands" by leona lewis for a final fantasy game....worse choice ever. I don't mind how liner the game is either. I think those that complain about it are too used to open world games like grand theft auto, elder scrolls and world of warcraft. It lacks in the area of actually explaining what is going on. they dump all these terms on us and expect us to actually care about what is going on.

Mirage
05-28-2014, 12:45 AM
I am not used to elder scrolls, gta or WoW and I still think it is too linear. It's not just that it's linear though, but that it lacks any sort of exploration for the majority of the game.

Neptunia
05-28-2014, 02:41 AM
final fantasy X lacks any sort of exploration for most of the game and people don't complain about that one. the disgaea series lacks exploration and yet people dont complain about it there either. what makes 13 special in this case?

I don't think the lack of exploration is the problem, its the story telling, one dimensional characters and them throwing around terms without explaining them in the dialogue.

magemasher
05-28-2014, 04:55 PM
For such a great soundtrack that Leona Lewis crap is the probably the worst FF song. Leona Lewis lol