PDA

View Full Version : Recording snes9x videos with comentry?

MJN SEIFER
03-24-2014, 09:30 PM
I know these have been done, but I want to do a Let's Play on a game which I have on Snes9x, but whenever I record on it, I can't get my own voice to record with it, even though I am using a microphone which I know works perfectly.

I have tried both "movie record" and "record avi" for this, and also note that as of today, "record avi" keeps crashing the program, but that maybe because I messed about with the settings.

Is there away to record my voice while recording my playthrough?

Note: it's an edit of FF6 staring characters from a TV show, and I own FF6 in real life. (I'm afraid it's ponies again, and yes it is out of date now, but I still want to do it.)

Dr Unne
03-24-2014, 09:43 PM
If you're using a recording feature of SNES9x, it will probably only record the game audio. You need an external application that can capture video/audio system-wide.

FRAPS game capture video recorder fps viewer (http://www.fraps.com/) might work for example. (It costs money.)

MJN SEIFER
03-27-2014, 01:37 AM
Thanks for answering, but are there other alternatives, that I don't need to pay for? Like either a safe alternative to snes9x or a FRAPS alternative? Hope I don't sound ungrateful.

Also, there is now another problem; everytime I do "record AVI" snes9x crashes on me, I dunno if it's a fault or because I changed the settings while trying to figure out what to do. I did actually come up with a possible solution to the recording thing, which is a tad tedious (open sound recorder, record, open snes9x, record, synch sound and video up later), but I can't even try it out now.

gamewizzard16
04-01-2014, 02:52 AM
can some one tell me why when I record with my Gameboy advance emulator and I watch the video after I am done the game audio is behind the vid