PDA

View Full Version : Lighthearted Animes

Pumpkin
03-25-2014, 05:11 AM
Can anyone recommend me a lighthearted anime to watch? Kinda like Ranma 1/2, but not Ranma 1/2 because I'm reading the manga and I would, if possible, like something less fanservicey.

Any suggestions?

Forsaken Lover
03-25-2014, 05:38 AM
Fairy Tai-

*reads post about wanting less fanservice*

Uh...nevermind FT then.

Thre's Kyo Kara Moah, if you like prettyboys.

ZNVAoyHbpLo

The first couple seasons of Yugioh GX.

Oh! Zoids New Century Zero.

Shauna
03-25-2014, 05:44 PM
What kind of anime are you looking for? Most comedy slice-o-life anime will be lighthearted, but if you're not interested in High School girls getting up to hijinks, then I would have to rethink any suggestions.

Need more specifics! :3

Agent Proto
03-25-2014, 05:44 PM
You should give Engaged to the Unidentified a shot. Its rather pretty new so you can either get it with a torrent or stream it online. I think it is right up your alley.

Pumpkin
03-25-2014, 05:51 PM
I'll looks up some of these, thank you :D

Comedy is fine, Shauna. I just feel like watching something less heavy and more funny or happy :3

Scotty_ffgamer
03-25-2014, 06:03 PM
Working!! is pretty lighthearted. It's essentially a slice of life comedy set in a restaurant.

Azumanga Daioh is a high school slice of life comedy that's funny. I've only read the manga, but I've heard the anime is essentially the same thing.

Excel Saga is a comedy full of random funny goodness.

Pumpkin
03-25-2014, 06:10 PM
Oh, I've seen a bit of Excel Saga, I forgot about that one. It is pretty funny!

Fynn
03-25-2014, 06:12 PM
Chobits is nice. It has a bit of fanservice in it, but I really liked it in spite of normally hating fan service. It also explores a theme that I find very interesting and wish more works of fiction should.

ALso, Nichijou is just absolutely hilarious and you have to watch it. No excuses. Just do. After that, try Arakawa under the Brigde. You need to see this, shion. Trust me. :love:

Pumpkin
03-25-2014, 06:14 PM
I will look it up :). I've read the Chobits manga and very much enjoyed it and I tried watching the anime but it just wasn't for me :/

Fynn
03-25-2014, 06:22 PM
I will look it up :). I've read the Chobits manga and very much enjoyed it and I tried watching the anime but it just wasn't for me :/

Oh, okay ;) I understand. CLAMP have real problems with adapting their content to anime :| But I heard the ending was different in both versions, and both were actually written by CLAMP, so maybe some day you'll give it another shot? ;)

Shauna
03-25-2014, 07:23 PM
Uta no Prince-Sama is 70% fabulous, 20% singing and 10% nonsense. Definitely worth a watch. Would back AzuDai, as it is pretty great. I will need to look through MyAnimeList to see other greats.

Pike
03-25-2014, 08:31 PM
I'm not the biggest anime watcher in the world but Azumanga Daioh is a delight.

Fynn
03-25-2014, 08:33 PM
Nichijou is like Azumanga Daioh. But, like, ten times better :colbert:

Also, Kids on the Slope is kinda light but VERY good. Not as stupid or completely carefree like the other things I recommended, but still a very enjoyable watch.

Shauna
03-25-2014, 09:48 PM
Nope re AzuDai vs Nichijou.

Also Kuragehime (Princess Jellyfish) is adorbs. Natsume Yuujinchou is also great. Shinryaku! Ika Musume (Squid Girl) is squiddly silly.

Fynn
03-25-2014, 10:20 PM
Natsume Yuujinchou is pretty boring, actually.

Forsaken Lover
03-25-2014, 10:34 PM
So maybe check out this anime called School Days.

I think it's like an anime version of a rom com or something. Sounds pretty lighthearted.

Pumpkin
03-25-2014, 10:36 PM
I've written these all down and I plan to get to them within the next few days and report back!

Shauna
03-25-2014, 10:37 PM
So maybe check out this anime called School Days.

I think it's like an anime version of a rom com or something. Sounds pretty lighthearted.

I... don't know whether you are trolling or not.

EDIT: I really enjoyed Natsume, so I am going to recommend. :p

Forsaken Lover
03-25-2014, 11:29 PM
Well the ending was quite comedic IMO. All harem protagonists should end up that way, especially Tenchi Masaki.

But yeah...trolling. Don't watch School Days, OP.

Karifean
03-26-2014, 01:05 AM
Working!! is pretty lighthearted. It's essentially a slice of life comedy set in a restaurant.

Seconded.

I would recommend Key adaptations for all their lightheartedness, but they get incredibly involving later on, so it's probably not a wise choice.

Pumpkin
03-27-2014, 01:08 AM
I couldn't find Engaged to the Unidentified, and I don't really like downloading shows on to my computer :(.

So I moved on to Working!! but I accidentally clicked on another anime called "Kill Me Baby" and it's actually pretty cute so far!

Will check out Working!! and the others soon

Vermachtnis
03-27-2014, 01:38 AM
Cromartie High School and Daily Life of High School Boys. Those two being some of the funniest things I've seen a long time.

Also there's Senyuu. The episodes are only like two minutes long, but they're the funniest two minutes. Especially if you like JRPGs which they mock mercilessly. It's like Dokapon Kingdom: The anime.