PDA

View Full Version : Choose your Garden

Ayen
03-25-2014, 10:49 AM
Which Garden would you most like to attend? I'm going with Balamb Garden and not just because that's where the main characters are. I prefer their uniforms to the others and I like their layout more. I'd get lost all the time if I went to Galbadia and it's too cold for me in Trabia.

Discuss.

Fynn
03-25-2014, 10:55 AM
Balamb, because it's the only one portrayed as warm and caring and not blown-up.

Forsaken Lover
03-25-2014, 11:36 AM
Galbadia. They're vaguely competent.

Also motorcycles.

Scotty_ffgamer
03-25-2014, 04:53 PM
Disregarding things getting blown up and sorceresses taking places over, I would honestly stick with Trabia Garden most likely. That Garden seemed to be more like a normal school; they didn't even host their own SeeD exams. I wouldn't work well as a mercenary or in an army I think, and I wouldn't get caught up with stuff like that at Trabia, I think. (Again, this is disregarding the missiles). It also has a small school feelings, which I like. The people there seem pretty nice. I didn't get to see their leadership in the game, but I'm imagining it was better than both Cid and Martine just because.

Pumpkin
03-25-2014, 04:57 PM
Balamb, because I think it is the prettiest of them all. Granted we didn't get to see much of Trabia. I hated Galbadia, though.

Oh, also, it has Balamb right there which is just a lovely little town and I would so live there.

Jiro
03-25-2014, 05:05 PM
The Balamb Cadet uniform is pretty fucking sweet, and the SeeD one is cool too. I'm all over that shit.

Ayen
03-25-2014, 11:01 PM
Also motorcycles.

I cannot argue against this logic.

Disregarding things getting blown up and sorceresses taking places over, I would honestly stick with Trabia Garden most likely. That Garden seemed to be more like a normal school; they didn't even host their own SeeD exams. I wouldn't work well as a mercenary or in an army I think, and I wouldn't get caught up with stuff like that at Trabia, I think. (Again, this is disregarding the missiles). It also has a small school feelings, which I like. The people there seem pretty nice. I didn't get to see their leadership in the game, but I'm imagining it was better than both Cid and Martine just because.

Yeah, it did have a pretty relaxed and peaceful vibe about it even after they were bombed to hell. I like to think after the events of VIII they were able to rebuild and reopen the school. I probably would have voted for it myself if it wasn't for them living in the arctic.

Depression Moon
03-26-2014, 03:52 AM
Disregarding things getting blown up and sorceresses taking places over, I would honestly stick with Trabia Garden most likely. That Garden seemed to be more like a normal school; they didn't even host their own SeeD exams. I wouldn't work well as a mercenary or in an army I think, and I wouldn't get caught up with stuff like that at Trabia, I think. (Again, this is disregarding the missiles).

Well considering it's a military school, it can't be avoided. Me, I like Galbadia because they have a larger campus and it's near a big city.

Scotty_ffgamer
03-26-2014, 04:44 AM
While they are all sort of military schools, I never really got the impression that Trabia Garden really followed that ideal. That seemed like a tract you could sort of follow, but eventually you would have to transfer to Galbadia or Balamb if you were serious about it.

The details about Trabia are kind of hazy to me, though. The only time we really see them is after the missile strike, so they were kind of occupied anyways. Even disregarding my perception that Trabia functions more as a normal school rather than a military school, I still prefer the smaller school structure there to the strict discipline and hugeness of Galbadia. The downside is that it's in the arctic and I couldn't go hang out anywhere cool off campus really, haha.

Forsaken Lover
03-26-2014, 05:25 AM
Balamb Garden is basically an anime high school that just happens to have mercenaries there.

maybee
03-27-2014, 04:57 PM
Trabia.

I love snow/ winter/ rain so yeah it's basically perfect, bar the whole missile thing and most likely ending up dead, or loosing loved ones.

;A;

I didn't get to see their leadership in the game, but I'm imagining it was better than both Cid and Martine just because.

That's right ! D:

1 + to Trabia

Pumpkin
03-27-2014, 05:04 PM
I like Trabia being in the Arctic. I've always loved colder weather and I get sick less often and my mood gets better. But Balamb Garden is so pretty and it's right next to Balamb which is so pretty!

Shorty
03-27-2014, 07:38 PM
I am leaning more toward Trabia's atmosphere, but every time I see Trabia's name I think of labia, and as such, I don't think I could take my academic career seriously while attending there. (although I likely wouldn't take it seriously attending anywhere.)

So probably Balamb, even though I dislike the military aspect of the school.

Parker
03-27-2014, 08:31 PM
Balamb is one of my favourite locations in any FF. Very pretty garden, seemed pretty nice. And then just a short walk away is Balamb proper with my favourite music in an FF game, and fresh fish. Awesome.

sharkythesharkdogg
03-30-2014, 04:00 AM
Balamb or Trabia.

I'm fine with a well-run military installation, and Trabia had a good community attitude, which means troops that can rely on each other.

Plus their small size, and remoteness means they had to have that strong sense of community. I respect the idea of rebuilding, and staying disciplined.

So probably more Trabia.