PDA

View Full Version : Oh my god this is the greatest kickstarter ever!

NeoCracker
03-27-2014, 07:39 AM
4 Reasons This One Kickstarter Proves Humanity Is Doomed | Cracked.com (http://www.cracked.com/quick-fixes/4-reasons-this-one-kickstarter-proves-humanity-doomed/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=fanpage&utm_campaign=new+article&wa_ibsrc=fanpage) (NSFW)

Link to the actual kickstarter is in the article, but oh god I want this!

Pike
03-27-2014, 10:28 AM
I was really hoping that this was Shaq Fu 2 but instead it was animu Nazi hentai. You disappoint me. :mad2:

Psychotic
03-27-2014, 10:48 AM
Slap an NSFW on that sort of thing in future please NeoCracker. Thank you kindly.

Old Manus
03-27-2014, 10:58 AM
It appears that even if there is absolutely no need for one, Cracked can still make a list out of it.

Quindiana Jones
03-27-2014, 11:01 AM
What an absolutely wonderful world. Knowledge of this event has brightened my day. :)

Fynn
03-27-2014, 12:15 PM
Just read about it.

Jesus H. Christ.

blackmage_nuke
03-27-2014, 01:57 PM
Whats the problem, it's just pictures of moe girls doing Wolfenstien cosplay

Jiro
03-27-2014, 03:26 PM
I can do nothing but laugh at how ridiculous that is.

NeoCracker
03-27-2014, 06:15 PM
Slap an NSFW on that sort of thing in future please NeoCracker. Thank you kindly.

This topic is suited for everywhere. :colbert:

Vyk
03-27-2014, 08:59 PM
Well that did nothing for me, but by God I actually felt compelled to click a link advertised on that page and found this Rom.Com web series they're dong and I'm instantly in love with it. So thanks for that. It's like The Guild. But deliciously evil-sounding, and in charge of a dating site. Awesome!

Ultima Shadow
03-27-2014, 11:31 PM
~~"My little fuhrer, my little fuhrer, aaaaa"~~

Seriously though. I find this hilariously awesome. And I totally want this. :greenie:

Big D
03-28-2014, 01:21 AM
The comments on that Cracked article (and on their Facebook page for same) were disappointingly predictable:

The vast majority of humanity is opposed hideousness such as Nazis and paedophilia. But if someone criticises a Japanese publication for its positive portrayal of that kind of monstrosity, then hordes of weeaboos come out in the comments section, frothing at the mouth and eager to defend this amazing artefact of culture and sophistication that no feeble westerner could ever hope to understand.

Now, I'm all in favour of undermining Nazis through parody and satire. But this card game? Casting the Nazi heirarchy as sexy heroes, fighting for freedom against evil foreign warlocks? Smurf that, and the horse it rode in on.

Shorty
03-28-2014, 01:58 AM
A ridiculous over-saturated sexualization of cartoon females used to promote seriously offensive subject matter and turn it into a lighthearted and silly game. Will not endorse or support.

Spooniest
03-28-2014, 02:17 AM
This is, by far, the worst idea anyone has ever come up with for a video game, bar none. I am appalled.

THIS is supposed to get me hot and bothered? After Great Uncle Sonny found a Nazi flag on the battlefield, wrapped around his waist like a dress and took a picture of himself to make fun of the Nazis?

These people should check to see if their dicks are long enough to go between their legs, so they can go smurf themselves.

Wolf Kanno
03-28-2014, 05:31 AM
4 Reasons This One Kickstarter Proves Humanity Is Doomed | Cracked.com (http://www.cracked.com/quick-fixes/4-reasons-this-one-kickstarter-proves-humanity-doomed/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=fanpage&utm_campaign=new+article&wa_ibsrc=fanpage) (NSFW)

Setting you up an online dating profile right now. You obviously need to get out... :eep:

Fynn
03-28-2014, 06:12 AM
It's not about the card game, it's about how the 100,000$ kickstarter was funded. In three days. That's the scary twisted part. People just throwing money so casually at it. I would chuckle at it as ithe game itself is pretty ridiculous, but this just makes me want to cry for people.

Also, WTF?! Wolf Kanno! Welcome back, dude! :D

Pumpkin
03-28-2014, 06:41 AM
I don't care if people want to play this, what makes me sad is when this gets more funding much more quickly than people who are dying and in severe need of help.

I don't have $200 just laying around, but if I did, I know which of the two would be my priority and it isn't the game smartass

NeoCracker
03-28-2014, 11:59 AM

Setting you up an online dating profile right now. You obviously need to get out... :eep:

Pft, not as long as I have my Nazi harem to keep me company!

...Okay, maybe you have a point there.

Mirage
03-28-2014, 12:04 PM
haha this kickstarter

it's so ridiculous i can't help but laugh

Skyblade
03-28-2014, 01:26 PM
I don't care if people want to play this, what makes me sad is when this gets more funding much more quickly than people who are dying and in severe need of help.

I don't have $200 just laying around, but if I did, I know which of the two would be my priority and it isn't the game smartass

If you need something to restore your faith a bit, Awesome Games Done Quick 2014 (http://gamesdonequick.com/) raised over 1,031,000 dollars for Cancer Prevention in a week. They were getting donations so fast that they ran out of donation incentives and had to start making them up.

For those unaware, AGDQ is a fundraiser held annually (twice annually now, actually, as they have a Summer AGDQ as well) in which the speed running community runs through video games quickly. Most of the best speed runners from around the world gather and tear through games for donations. They also work with game publishers and developers to get prizes which are raffled off if you meet a minimum donation within a game bracket (for example, they were giving away a Legend of Zelda 3DS XL to the raffle winner of the Zelda bracket). They also have donation incentives they add in, where you can donate towards having particular games run during the marathon, adding in new objectives, or adding in bonus content, like discussion and commentary by developers (which made this year's Metroid Prime (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jebIo5z-5_Q) run absolutely incredible).