PDA

View Full Version : A Tonberry vs. Sin

Forsaken Lover
03-28-2014, 05:05 AM
Strategy 1:
Consider just how many people Sin has killed. Karma should oneshot it no problem.

Strategy 2:
Sin is technically an Aeon. Voodoo should oneshot it as well.

Flawless Victory.
http://i.imgur.com/jbESa5E.png

Tavrobel
03-28-2014, 05:18 AM
Damage is capped at 99999, but Sin has more than 100000 HP.

Sin is multiple parts, just like the Magus Sisters, you have to kill all of the parts simultaneously.

Skyblade
03-28-2014, 06:25 AM
I don't remember if they are immune to Demi (I believe Don Tonberry is, at least). If so, they would likely be immune to Giga Graviton. Without an insta-kill on Sin's side, it's a war of attrition. Nothing wins a war of attrition with a Tonberry.

Vermachtnis
03-28-2014, 07:51 AM
What if the Tonberry trips?

Psychotic
03-28-2014, 08:30 AM
After all those machina from the Al Bhed and that charge by the Crusaders, all they really needed in their ranks was one humble Tonberry.

Sephex
03-28-2014, 09:56 AM
After all those machina from the Al Bhed and that charge by the Crusaders, all they really needed in their ranks was one humble Tonberry.

World Record for longest FMV.

Noctis Caelum
03-28-2014, 05:37 PM
Just have a couple of Tonberries, and it's game over.

Carl the Llama
03-28-2014, 07:27 PM

Did you ever play any of the Metal Gear Solid games? Their cutscenes were legendary.

Aside from that there is no way a Tonberry would win as they wouldn't be able to get close enough to Sin to attack, seeing as the only people who can attack Sin when you fight him on the Airship are people with ranged weapons/magic coupled with the fact that Sin could always do that move where he scared the planet, that would instantly blow any competition away. Lastly a Tonberry doesn't have the advantage of being the son of Sin >.> no holds bared n all that.

Forsaken Lover
03-28-2014, 08:02 PM
Karma and Voodoo are ranged attacks.

Carl the Llama
03-28-2014, 09:37 PM
Sin would attack first though, and could unleash his planet scaring attack, Tonberry wouldn't stand a chance.

Skyblade
03-29-2014, 05:32 PM
Sin would attack first though, and could unleash his planet scaring attack, Tonberry wouldn't stand a chance.

Which is Gravity-based. Humans can be affected by gravity spells (like Demi). Many fiends can't, including Don Tonberry (don't remember regular Tonberry well enough, but I doubt you can Demi it).

Carl the Llama
03-29-2014, 05:52 PM
No not Giga Gravaton, the one he uses in the fmv after the ship sings the hymn of the fayth that results in an explosion, and while the Tonberry may be immune to gravity, it would not be immune to have the ground beneath it exploding.

black orb
03-29-2014, 06:18 PM
>>> Sin kill people not fiends/monsters, Karma wont work..:luca:

Tavrobel
03-30-2014, 02:10 AM
Giga Gravaton

Requires an Overdrive bar.

>>> Sin kill people not fiends/monsters, Karma wont work..:luca:

Kills against humanoids/machina still count toward Karma damage calculation.

Skyblade
03-30-2014, 03:33 AM
No not Giga Gravaton, the one he uses in the fmv after the ship sings the hymn of the fayth that results in an explosion, and while the Tonberry may be immune to gravity, it would not be immune to have the ground beneath it exploding.

That move is called Tera Graviton, and is also a Gravity move.

Carl the Llama
03-30-2014, 04:09 AM
Ok, lets break this down, the only Tonberry immune to Gravity is Don Tonberry.

Don Tonberry walks towards it's target to use it's attack Chef's Knife which has a chance to inflict death.

Sin can produce countless sinscales, unlimited if you take what happens at Zanarkand before Tidus and Auron knock down the exploding trailer, therefore all sin would need to do is summon an endless supply of scales and have them do the dirty work, no matter how many Don kills, they would eventually topple him.

According to the FF Wiki "Sin is immune to most conventional form of weaponry and is highly resistant to attack, able to project a barrier to protect itself. It is believed in-game that only the Final Aeon can kill Sin, and all attacks the party wages on Sin in Final Fantasy X only serve to wound it — it is not until the death of Yu Yevon's spirit that Sin actually dies." Meaning that if Don Tonberry wanted a chance to kill Sin it would need to be inside Sin, like the party is when they fight Jecht and Yu Yevon.

Lastly Don does not have an airship to be able to get inside Sin.

Conclusion: Sin uses sinscales to topple the mighty but landlocked Don. Don - who can't attack Sin kills countless scales but can't reach Sin (like anyone who uses non ranged weaponry).

Tavrobel
03-30-2014, 05:18 AM
Title says Tonberry vs Sin, not Tonberry vs Sin and Sinscales.

Forsaken Lover
03-30-2014, 06:41 AM
On the gravity topic, I just happened to find this video:
lJUpgRCtlXU

So we'll need Don Tonberry for this.

Jiro
03-30-2014, 09:35 AM
If Tonberry can't reach, toss 'em.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7qahjQS5e1r0wb4wo4_250.gif

Carl the Llama
03-30-2014, 02:18 PM

You're right, it says Tonberry, not Don Tonberry. Also I would mention that when you fight Sin on the Ship to Killika he uses Sinscales to attack, he has no other moves other then to hurl the Sinscales at the ship, so they are a valid form of attack. I also notice how you failed to address the shield he has, does that mean you concede the point?

If you are going based on what it says in the title, then I would counter with Giga Graviton, to which regular Tonberry is not immune to. Sin would just charge his Overdrive bar like he does on the fight on the Airship, doing no moves just boosting, then he would unleash his overdrive and kill regular Tonberry just like that... all the while Tonberry would be helpless to do anything.

black orb
03-30-2014, 04:03 PM
>>> Tonberry can just use Zanmato and kill Sin. He has a knife right?.:luca:

Sephex
03-30-2014, 09:07 PM

Did you ever play any of the Metal Gear Solid games? Their cutscenes were legendary.

Of course I have. The Sin vs Tonberry one would beat the longest one of those easily.

Tavrobel
03-31-2014, 04:13 AM
concede the point?

What point?

Pumpkin
03-31-2014, 04:16 AM
I find it amusing how serious this topic has become

Freya
03-31-2014, 05:10 AM
How would the Crusaders get tonberrys to even help them? How would the team get one tonberry to fight sin? Can you lure a tonberry? Kite him to whatever location?

Sephex
03-31-2014, 10:15 AM
How would the Crusaders get tonberrys to even help them? How would the team get one tonberry to fight sin? Can you lure a tonberry? Kite him to whatever location?

Tell them that Sin thinks knives are for losers.

Pumpkin
03-31-2014, 06:13 PM
I thought Tonberry's just kind of... attacked stuff. Just round up a few in a bag and put them down in front of Sin.

Skyblade
04-01-2014, 01:23 AM

You're right, it says Tonberry, not Don Tonberry. Also I would mention that when you fight Sin on the Ship to Killika he uses Sinscales to attack, he has no other moves other then to hurl the Sinscales at the ship, so they are a valid form of attack. I also notice how you failed to address the shield he has, does that mean you concede the point?

If Sinscales are a form of attack, they are vulnerable to counters, so the Tonberry will easily hit Sin with Voodoo and Karma.

If you are going based on what it says in the title, then I would counter with Giga Graviton, to which regular Tonberry is not immune to. Sin would just charge his Overdrive bar like he does on the fight on the Airship, doing no moves just boosting, then he would unleash his overdrive and kill regular Tonberry just like that... all the while Tonberry would be helpless to do anything.

Voodoo instantly kills any Summoned Aeon. Sin is an Aeon. Sin dies.

Ayen
04-01-2014, 02:13 AM
They would both face off in a glorious and terrible battle that would leave Spira in a state of ruin and last for at least thirty episodes before one or the other release their super special awesome attack and wipes out their opponent for good, who will then come back next season and be taken out in one hit by an even STRONGER opponent!

Carl the Llama
04-01-2014, 02:37 AM

If Sinscales are a form of attack, they are vulnerable to counters, so the Tonberry will easily hit Sin with Voodoo and Karma.
Ahh but what you are forgetting is that the counter would be dealt to the Sinscale, not Sin himself. If you use cheats to hack on Counter Attack during the fight where Sin uses his Sinscales to attack, the counter would be dealt to the Sinscale, not Sin.

Voodoo instantly kills any Summoned Aeon. Sin is an Aeon. Sin dies.

Technically the being Sin started out as a Final Aeon, and as such are unlikely to be subject to the same rules as a regular Aeon, aside from that Sin itself was changed into armour as stated by numerous sources throughout the game, in the transformation there could be any number of changes. Thirdly you're wrong about Voodoo being instant kill:

If the player summons an aeon, it will attack with Voodoo, in which the Tonberry creates a small stone statue of the summoned aeon, then stabs it, dealing 9999 points of damage to the aeon.

Curious to whether or not Master Tonberry had death attached to its Voodoo (as it doesn't give details on the wikia), I loaded up my recent playthrough of the game and whipped out Anima (who had 14k HP) and used Shield and when I did MT dealt 2500HP damage, ok I thought, let's see what happens when I use boost? 9999 Damage... which just happened to fill my entire Overdrive and I unleashed it upon him... needless to say he died. So after this we discover it's only the Don Tonberry that has death attached to Voodoo, and then it is only a chance of death, not certain (because that is what it says on the Wikia). I might mention that it is only Don who is immune to gravity, so if and when Tonberry uses Voodoo, it would still only deal 9999 damage, and as Sin would be boosting it could very likely fill his entire Overdrive to be unleashed on our green soldier.

Plus Sins shield is even more powerful the a regular Aeon, note that during operation mi'ihen the machina failed to penetrate it, let alone do any damage.

In short even if he didn't use Giga Graviton he could easily do this:

Step 1: Shield
Step 2: Sinscales

There is no way he would be able to defeat Sin.

Skyblade
04-01-2014, 02:41 AM

Ahh but what you are forgetting is that the counter would be dealt to the Sinscale, not Sin himself. If you use cheats to hack on Counter Attack during the fight where Sin uses his Sinscales to attack, the counter would be dealt to the Sinscale, not Sin.

You obviously haven't actually played that fight with Wakka's ultimate weapon. The counter hits Sin.

Fair enough on the Voodoo point, though.

Neptunia
05-08-2014, 07:03 PM
Sin was originally a mass of pyrafly's compressed and held together with gravity spells by Yu Yevon. given that once a aeon of anykind is possed by Yu Yevon it more or less just becomes a mass of pyraflys and therefore negates it status as an aeon. at least that's the impression i was given.

also the comment in operation Mi'hen about "sin always returns for it's spawn" seems to indicate it can absorb more masses of pyrafly's into itself, what would stop it from just absorbing the tonberry into itself, after all fiends are just a mass of pyraflys.