PDA

View Full Version : Gaming Hell...

Wolf Kanno
03-28-2014, 08:40 AM
So you've been bad and sent to hell... every year you get a game console and its the worst of the worst in your opinion... so starting with the earliest gaming generation you grew up with, which system do you get punished with each year? (Limit one system per console cycle)

Scotty_ffgamer
03-28-2014, 02:30 PM
Let's see how much I can remember about the different console generations. Honestly, Gaming Hell would just involve me getting the original Odyssey every year, but that doesn't count with your rules, haha.

Odyssey
Atari 5200
Sega Master System
Phillips CD-i
3DO
XBOX
OUYA (I guess this would be the OUYA's generation)
XBOX One

Obviously not all of these systems are bad, but I was just going off of memory for what systems came when.

Bolivar
03-28-2014, 02:51 PM
^ Lol @ the Ouya! Definitely takes the cake. Not sure if it's last or current gen but either way it would be pretty tortuous.

I assume the rest would be master system, jaguar, the original "xbox 1" and the wii although that last one wouldn't be much of a punishment really.

NeoCracker
03-28-2014, 09:30 PM
Apparently the Ouya is great for playing emulated games, so really this puts it a leg up over xbox360. :p

Dat Matt
03-28-2014, 09:52 PM
I started on the Snes so Gen 3/4?

I'd say the generations look like this for me:

Snes / Megadrive - Megadrive (I had the Snes)
Sega Saturn / N64 / Playstation - Of the choices here, I'd take the N64 and PS1 over the Saturn.
PS2/Gamecube/Xbox - Of the choices here, I'd take the PS2/Gamecube over the Xbox now.
Ps3/ Wii / Xbox 360 - Of the choices here, I'd take the PS3/Wii over the 360 now.
PS4 / Wii U / XB11 - Of the choices here, I'd take the PS4/Wii U over the XB1 now.

Is it obvious I am a Nintendo Fanboy, and I'm not amazed by Microsoft?

black orb
03-28-2014, 10:41 PM
>>> Atari = gaming hell..

Sega Master System was really that bad? well, I had lot of fun with it..:luca:

Skyblade
03-28-2014, 11:26 PM
ProJared - Worst Console Ever (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0-NdIcjmCE&list=PLC0EE993255D4A0A8)

Yeah, none of the mainstream consoles have a chance of making this list as long as things like this exist, and they have for every console generation I've played (though I haven't played any of them myself).

Scotty_ffgamer
03-29-2014, 01:02 AM
I guess technically I grew up with the NES or SNES era, but we had consoles as far back as the Atari 2600... so I might have cheated a bit.

I should point out that the Sega Master System isn't a bad system, I just felt it was the weaker of the options in that generation if memory serves me right.

Pike
03-29-2014, 10:25 AM
I refuse to participate in this thread on the grounds that I love all video games and all systems in their own way :doublecolbert:

The Man
03-31-2014, 04:19 AM
To be honest, any situation where I wasn't allowed to play the SNES would be my gaming hell. The overwhelming majority of my favourite games were released for that system.

Mercen-X
04-01-2014, 12:52 AM
Well, I just listed the NES as a console I would prefer to have in the '80s. But with all the shimmying and blowing and pulling and pushing it takes to get a game to work, I would just as soon avoid the hassle.

'80s: NES
'90s: N64
'00s: XBOX

Spooniest
04-01-2014, 01:21 AM
In Gaming Hell, the only system is the 32X, and you can't disengage it from the Mega Drive. Also there are no Mega Drive games in Gaming Hell.

YOU MUST PLAY KNUCKLES CHAOTIX FOR ETERNITY MUWAHAHAHA

Ayen
04-01-2014, 02:35 AM
Action Max
Philips CD-i
Atari Jaguar
Dreamcast
Zeebo
Xbox One