PDA

View Full Version : Your top 5ive favorite Giant Robot stories

Wolf Kanno
03-28-2014, 08:46 AM
What it says on the tin folks, five favorite stories involving giant robots, either sentient or piloted.

Forsaken Lover
03-28-2014, 09:02 AM
Xenogears
Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam

And then the rest.

Ever watched Zeta Gundam, WK? it was great. I just finished it for the first time and am in love.

Vermachtnis
03-28-2014, 09:06 AM
Megas XLR
The Iron Giant (Superman)
Xenogears
G Gundam
Pacific Rim

Botchmun
03-30-2014, 01:10 PM
-Battletech Universe, namely the Clan Invasion and the FedCom Civil War. You're gunna see a lot of anime in this thread but I don't think a lot of people are gunna even know about the Battletech mythos.
-Universal Century Gundam as a whole
-Getter Robo, namely Shin Getter Robo Armageddon. That intro is more powerful than the whole Gurren Lagann soundtrack.
-Pacific Rim but to be fair not really for the story.
-actually don't have a fifth, huh... Now I feel kinda bad.

NeoCracker
03-30-2014, 02:15 PM
- Big O
- G Gundam
- Gurren Lagen
- Magus XLR

I know there is plenty more but I can't think of them for some reason. :(

Forsaken Lover
03-30-2014, 02:27 PM
Adding Zoids Chaotic Century/Guardian Force to my list.

blackmage_nuke
03-30-2014, 02:32 PM
In no particular order

Basquash: Loved the story and presentation for the most part, the robot design took some getting use to at first but eventually grew on me.
Metal Gear Solid: Rex was my favourite of the Metal Gears, the story was also great.
Code Geass: While I liked the story the robots werent really anything special.
Gurren Lagan: The robot design took some getting use to and I didnt really like the story except for the season climaxes.
Voices of a Distant Star: was an enjoyable movie and the only other mecha thing I can remember having seen at the moment.

If i cant use games then Pacific Rim was pretty cool too.

Honorable mentions:
Mechwarrior 2 had some great mech designs but I couldnt tell you the story if my life depended on it.
Neon Genesis Evangelion had a great story (particularly the manga and films) but I didnt put it on my list because theyre technically not "robots" since eva's are made of people

NeoCracker
03-30-2014, 02:32 PM
Oh god I forgot about Zoids, that show was awesome!

Forsaken Lover
03-30-2014, 02:40 PM
ldx2tsIy5Bw

Zoids had some godly music.

But for you guys who haven't seen Zeta Gundam, check it out. It's hands down the best Gundam. Well, of the ones I've seen.

Shorty
03-30-2014, 03:50 PM
Just The Iron Giant.

Greatermaximus
03-30-2014, 04:01 PM
Cyborgs aren't good enough?

fire_of_avalon
03-31-2014, 04:16 AM
Gundam Wing
The Iron Giant
Pacific Rim
Power Rangers