PDA

View Full Version : Which Female character did you like the most?

Wolf Kanno
03-28-2014, 07:33 PM
FFVIII never gets enough love and this game gave us one of the largest cast of femme fatales in the series. So who is your favorite Female Character from this game, doesn't even have to be a party member.

Forsaken Lover
03-28-2014, 08:00 PM
Sorceress Adel. So much potential there.

Fujin is pretty badass-looking and the scene where she finally talks normal to Seifer, to try and snap him out of his mania, was one of the few legitimately moving moments in the game.
http://i.imgur.com/S3lXdEd.png

Rinoa is very beautiful and has her cute moments.

Pumpkin
03-28-2014, 08:02 PM
Selphie. I enjoy them all but in order it would be:

Selphie
Ellone
Raine
Rinoa
Quistis
Julia
Edea
Fujin

Shorty
03-28-2014, 08:29 PM
I like Rinoa, but I accept that she is annoying. I really like Ellone, and Sorceress Edea is badass, but if I had to pick any one of my favorite females, it would probably be Julia.

Jiro
03-29-2014, 02:56 AM
Fujin seems one dimensional for most of the game but then actually gets some great moments, like Forsaken Lover says, so I have to go with her there.

sharkythesharkdogg
03-30-2014, 04:03 AM
Fujin was just too annoying to me.

I thought Selphie was a sweet lady. I also liked Quistis (yay, blue mage) and Julia. Rinoa also seemed nice enough.

I wish Quistis was more relevant for longer, but she disappears into the background fairly quickly. So either Selphie or Julia are probably my favorite.

Ayen
04-03-2014, 01:45 PM
Sorry, I can never choose just one. I like Rinoa, Selphie, Quistis and Sorceress Edea. I would have been content if Sorceress Edea remained as the big bad throughout. Her speech at Deling City where she insulted everyone at attendance and killed the President right in front of them with everyone cheering was just amazing.

Okay, I think I did choose just one.

Jiro
04-03-2014, 05:37 PM
Evil Edea is a badass. Good Edea is still cool, but she lacks that villainous quality; you cannot imagine Matron straight up murdering a dude, laughing about it, and then insulting people and getting applause. Bitches be crazy, Edea is hectic.

Scotty_ffgamer
04-03-2014, 06:19 PM
I like little kid Ellone that we see during the Laguna scenes. She's a cutie. Older Ellone is pretty cool too.

I like that one NPC in Timber, the leader of the Forest Foxes or whatever it was. She's pretty cool. I actually like all of the girls in this game pretty well.

Shiny
04-04-2014, 09:57 AM
Though she was only seen for a short while, I really liked Ellone's personality and her relationship with Laguna.

Ayen
04-04-2014, 12:26 PM
Little Ellone is the cutest thing ever and I didn't want to leave her side at the beginning of disc 2.

The Man
04-04-2014, 12:39 PM
Bearing in mind that I haven't played much of the game, Quistis.

Jinx
04-09-2014, 07:19 PM
I hate this game with a passion, but Quistis is a great character. And of course Evil Edea because. :greenie:

maybee
04-10-2014, 10:10 AM
Selphie.

She's quite cute and a little crazy in a way, gave out a few laughs.

Rinoa is too damsel-y, Quistis just hated her because she had everything and yet she was so depressed and " life sucks " because one emo refused to date her ?

PLEASE.

BOO-HO

I have good looks, I'm intelligent and successful at a young age and could get almost any job I want, BOYS AND GIRLS want to be me, and date me, and have even stated a club, and yet, everything is miserable because Squall loves somebody else.

save the soap drama somewhere else girl

Edea was better as a villian imo and should of stayed as the villian. She was quite boss with the evil parade and everything.

cloud_doll
04-10-2014, 06:11 PM
Selphie.

Edea was better as a villian imo and should of stayed as the villian. She was quite boss with the evil parade and everything.

I second that.

Shorty
04-11-2014, 05:13 PM

Quite right. I was disappointed to find out that Edea had simply been possessed. Would have made for such a damn cooler mindsmurf story to find out the Garden Headmaster's wife really was rampantly evildoing because of reasons, and it would have been even more of a mindsmurf for the characters to all find out it was their matron. I would have preferred to see that instead of the possessed copout and hugs and kisses and forgiveness for she knew not what she did kind of thing.

Ayen
04-11-2014, 05:42 PM
That does it, time to rewrite this part of the story. Give me my pen.

metagloria
04-18-2014, 06:50 PM
This game had the best female cast by leaps and bounds.

Actually, that's not true, X-2 and X are within bounds of it. But still.

And Selphie is always and forever #1.

black orb
04-20-2014, 06:43 AM
>>> Edea, her design is just.. *drools*.
Nomura`s finest character design so far..:luca:

Forsaken Lover
04-30-2014, 07:43 PM
I must admit, I have a new appreciation for Quistis after using her as part of my main team in FFVIII.

Know why?

Because she has tons more dialogue than everyone else. If you bring her with you into space, or to the Orphanage when you have the talk with Rinoa, she has a lot more to say to Squall. Selphie never said crap.

It's pretty interesting.

Jiro
05-05-2014, 02:00 PM
Selphie's maniac moment on the train always amused me. She goes from Peace! Love! and Everybody! to blowing shit up with a missile launcher in like 30 seconds (or was it the other way around?)

Aulayna
05-06-2014, 11:38 AM
Quistis, because I saw a lot of me in her, right down to the glasses and blonde hair.

Forsaken Lover
05-06-2014, 03:36 PM
And the whip?

Aulayna
05-06-2014, 03:58 PM
Well some boys just need to be punished.

magemasher
05-08-2014, 09:50 PM
Quistis is my favourite. I found it hard to like Rinoa, she just always led to trouble (part of the game but still....) Selphie was kind of forgettable.

Who the hell is Julia? hahaha.

Madame Adequate
05-09-2014, 12:27 AM
Selphie by a mile. Quistis is pretty good. Never had strong feelings one way or another about Rinoa.

Psychotic
05-09-2014, 07:45 AM
I like trains. And Selphie.

blackmage_nuke
05-09-2014, 03:26 PM
Probably Quistis or Julia.

The Girl in the Library is nice too