PDA

View Full Version : Why You No Talk Final Fantasy?

Wolf Kanno
03-28-2014, 07:44 PM
Seriously, when was the last time you made a thread in the FF forums? Why are you not talking about FF?

Forsaken Lover
03-28-2014, 07:47 PM
cos it sux i only play grand theft otto and cop killing smulators

Pete for President
03-29-2014, 02:50 AM
Too busy being obsessed with the greatness that is Dark Souls & Dark Souls 2.

:Oo:

Pumpkin
03-29-2014, 02:52 AM
I have been trying!

Jiro
03-29-2014, 03:04 AM
I have been :jess:

Freya
03-29-2014, 03:17 AM
I do! We just need our glorious leader back.

black orb
03-29-2014, 04:05 AM
>>> How old this forum is?.
I think all the possible FF talk was already done, now everything we can expect to see is ancient FF topics respawning over and over in form of new threads till the end of the times..:luca:

Freya
03-29-2014, 05:09 AM
well eventually we'll get Alzheimers and then it'll all be new again!

Forsaken Lover
03-29-2014, 05:11 AM
I can't wait until Final Fantasy XX comes out and everyone on here is talking about how they miss XIII and how "things have really gone downhill since then."

Wolf Kanno
03-29-2014, 05:14 AM
I can't wait until Final Fantasy XX comes out and everyone on here is talking about how they miss XIII and how "things have really gone downhill since then."

I will personally fly out to the house of the person who made that statement and bludgeon them to death with the first blunt object I can get my hands on. That statement is wrong on so many levels unless SE suddenly became super awesome again and this is the poor schmuck with god awful taste talking cause he misses poorly construed plots and over the top melodrama.

Disclaimer: I totally mean the hypothetical blockhead that Forsaken Lover said, not Forsaken Lover but this hypothetical person is definitely getting a hypothetical screwdriver in their hypothetical eye.

Jiro
03-29-2014, 05:21 AM
That is a little frightening.

The Man
03-29-2014, 06:02 AM
It's also probably not serious.

Probably.

I can't think of much to talk about FF-related; I've already played most of the games in the series I have an interest in playing (I'll play XII and maybe III and VIII one of these days) and there's only so much you can say about them. Unless someone wants to talk about the simultaneous tool-assisted speedrun of V and VI (http://tasvideos.org/1555M.html) that got put out a few years ago (which I only found out about recently), but for all I know I might be the only person on the entire forum who watches those things.

Fynn
03-29-2014, 08:27 AM
I've been trying to revive this place, but it hasn't really yielded any real results. Now you come back and everybody posts again. There will be much rejoicing :)

Forsaken Lover
03-29-2014, 08:41 AM
The solution is just to make a billion threads. Even if people only respond to 1/100th of the threads you made, that's still a lot of activity.

I could do that too if I wanted... I like to make topics because I have so many random thoughts in my head that I want to share with the world.

Fynn
03-29-2014, 08:42 AM
That's just what I'm doing now. I need to beat Wolf.

maybee
03-29-2014, 09:29 AM
well eventually we'll get Alzheimers and then it'll all be new again!

This

Or we could meet up in rl together and knock out each other in the heads causing memory loss all the same.

???

Pike
03-29-2014, 10:21 AM
Because a Final Fantasy grand strategy game does not exist.

NeoCracker
03-29-2014, 11:57 AM
I volunteer my head for Wolf's Blunt object. Personally I feel the brain damage may help me forget that a person posted that.

nirojan
03-29-2014, 07:57 PM
Too busy being obsessed with the greatness that is Dark Souls & Dark Souls 2.

^THIS

/thread

Bolivar
03-31-2014, 05:57 PM
I think new releases rejuvenate interest in the series and re contextualize older releases; but these days, it seems like even the spinoffs have slowed down. XIII sequels and FFXIV just don't do it for me either.

And yes, we've sorely missed our devil's advocate, Socratic gadfly, or whatever titles you've rightfully reclaimed upon your return.

Spooniest
04-01-2014, 02:15 AM
The simple answer is that we've not been given much to talk about. Final Fantasy XIII has run its course, and XIV is just another MMORPG. Another "true" Final Fantasy (XV) looks to be years down the line, and frankly, I don't want to spoil anything about it for myself.

Ayen
04-01-2014, 02:25 AM
I made a couple of threads a few days ago before getting distracted with work. I've mainly stuck in the VIII board since it's the last FF title I played and is still fresh in my mind. I don't post too much in the other boards because I either haven't played the game, haven't played much of it or it's been too long since I remember. I'll probably be more active in the VII board by the end of April since I plan to review that on the 28th.

Mercen-X
04-01-2014, 03:10 AM
There's very little to say about the FFs that were. After beating VIII - X-2, I didn't really feel I had a reason to post in those threads anymore. I never played XI, don't intend to shell out a monthly tribute to play it and thus have no reason to post in the thread (XIV as well). I haven't beaten XII but I feel I've read all that I'm going to read of interest or at least it seems that no one posts anything anymore. I don't have a 360 or PS3 thus can't play XIII thus won't waste my money buying it or my time talking about it. However, I've been going against the grain with Final Fantasy XV, deciding I liked it enough that I may buy the system just to play it. Other than that, there's really very little to say about it at the moment and up until the game's actual release.

Wolf Kanno
04-08-2014, 01:36 AM
No seriously people, I've been back for about a week and I've made close to 100 threads, you have no excuse. :colbert: The least you could do is post in them. :doublecolbert:

CimminyCricket
04-08-2014, 03:44 AM
I'm glad you're back, but I haven't played an FF game in close to a year. The last two I was playing was FFIX and FFV. I remember where I am in both of those games, but I haven't had time to keep playing them since I have been so busy.

Ayen
04-08-2014, 03:00 PM
No seriously people, I've been back for about a week and I've made close to 100 threads, you have no excuse. :colbert: The least you could do is post in them. :doublecolbert:

I post in the ones where I actually have something to contribute as I do with any other section of the forum.

Jinx
04-08-2014, 04:00 PM
I've been responding to the threads, but what new is there left to say? Nothing. I don't play FFXIV, and FFXV isn't out yet...maybe we'll have more to discuss when it gets here.

Wolf Kanno
04-08-2014, 05:27 PM
I've been responding to the threads, but what new is there left to say? Nothing. I don't play FFXIV, and FFXV isn't out yet...maybe we'll have more to discuss when it gets here.

IG-yn0dmKkU

You are not trying hard enough. :stare:

Jinx
04-08-2014, 05:35 PM
You're trying to get milk from a teat that went dry quite awhile ago, my friend!

Shorty
04-08-2014, 05:44 PM
We've come up with quite a bit of topics for the Daily poll. Wolfie has done a phenomenal job of revving up Final Fantasy topics. It an be done!

Everyone seems to think it's a dead subject, but when the topic pops up, they respond!

Ayen
04-08-2014, 05:44 PM
Let's talk about our conspiracy theories that Enix merged with Square to destroy Final Fantasy from within and once they're successful nothing will stand in the way of Dragon Quest.

Wolf Kanno
04-08-2014, 05:46 PM
You're trying to get milk from a teat that went dry quite awhile ago, my friend!

WARNING NWSF contains offensive language!!!
...oh and I guess some violence as well...
QNX_AIwePW0

It is not like I am a permanent well spring of topics myself dear child.

eLDWhn8HZfY

VeloZer0
04-13-2014, 04:33 PM
The reason I post less and less is probably because I keep getting more and more depressed about the current state of the franchise and where it is going. And I don't particularly want to be that guy who just drops into every thread bitching about how much better SE used to be.

That and it seems that more and more my differences of opinion with people can be distiled into personal taste, something that just is and isn't much fodder for discussion.

Depression Moon
04-14-2014, 02:08 AM
Well Square isn't really putting out many FF games and the last two they put out were XIII and XIV. XIII which most people didn't like and XIV a MMORPG that I think the majority of the fanbase probably don't touch because truth is it's more of a spinoff than a main entry along with XI. The number is there just to make sales.

Mercen-X
04-14-2014, 02:12 AM

I'm pretty sure I've responded to a few of your threads... something along the lines of "oh, look! You made a post. Don't we feel special." :p

WARNING NWSF
What does that stand for?

Wolf Kanno
04-14-2014, 04:33 AM
WARNING NWSF
What does that stand for?

That is me being totally dyslexic and trying to say NSFW :p