PDA

View Full Version : FFVI - The After Years

Fynn
03-28-2014, 10:23 PM
Imagine you live in a bizarro world where the superior FFVI is actually more popular than IV or X in Japan and it gets a 20-years-later sequel. What do you think would be in it?

Psychotic
03-28-2014, 10:37 PM
Knowing Square-Enix, Lightning DLC and a sexy adult Relm. Oh, and Locke and Celes would've hooked up and had an annoyingly precocious child.

Slothy
03-28-2014, 10:43 PM
It may not be 20 years later, but FFVI already has the superior spin off material in the form of the Fortuna Saga and Hymns of the Apostate. Fan made webcomics though they may be, they're better than anything Square knows how to make anymore.

Jiro
03-30-2014, 07:33 AM
Relm would obviously be an important character. If it were made now, most of the original cast would be too old to appear.

Greatermaximus
03-30-2014, 02:27 PM
Typically, the older main characters would be advisor's to their kin. I can imagine mini-missions, trade, ect.,. like any other game. Maybe some kind of battle/mission reminding us of FFVI's past.

If I had the power I wouldn't override the author's decision to keep the Espers behind the gate. I'm sure Terra's child might find a way to open it. But I'd keep it closed as the Espers are semi-cheesy imo. Fun to write about. :)

Vyk
03-30-2014, 05:05 PM
It boggles my mind that this has not happened. But I guess only Japan's opinion really matters and the rest of us are just cash cows and extras

But thanks for letting me know there's really good fan-made content in this area

Wolf Kanno
03-30-2014, 07:10 PM
Honestly, a sequel wouldn't work, magic is gone and the world was shown to be back on the road to recovery. There really is no plausible way to make a sequel unless we pull an FFIV sequel and have a new being like the Warring Triad reappear and restore magic, which would be stupid. A prequel is a much better idea.

Fynn
03-30-2014, 07:12 PM
That's what I meant - TAY was stupi though enjoyable, that's why I'm wondering what a similar project would look like for FFVI.

Kalevala
03-30-2014, 08:05 PM
It may not be 20 years later, but FFVI already has the superior spin off material in the form of the Fortuna Saga and Hymns of the Apostate. Fan made webcomics though they may be, they're better than anything Square knows how to make anymore.

Why have I not heard of this until now?! I have some reading to do.

Slothy
03-31-2014, 01:54 AM

Why have I not heard of this until now?! I have some reading to do.

The comics aren't widely known, and following them throughout their release can be a pain since the guy who made them both has things like an actual job which can occasionally keep him from updating for months at a time. But they're well worth it. The writing quality alone is head and shoulders above any other web comic I've read, and easily better than what you'll find in any Final Fantasy to be honest.

Start with the Fortuna Saga first though. Hymns takes place a few hundred years later, and is almost finished now. He's going to be moving on to do a third one as a prequel to both after, but god only knows how long it'll take to finish.

NeoCracker
04-01-2014, 10:22 AM
A Sequel to FF VI would not be an RPG as FF, but an almost Dark Cloud 2 esq game where you travel the world building towns and fighting and shit, but nothing on the scale that FF VI reached. Just running around, solving remaining problems in the world, and gathering people and town building.

Fatal Rose
06-05-2014, 06:43 AM
FFVI is not very popular in Japan? I'm honestly surprised.

FFIV is my all time fav FF but I'm honestly shocked the other original 6 games don't get the same love.

Vyk
06-05-2014, 07:01 AM
If they were all 12 years old, FFVI would have been popular in Japan... :shifty: