PDA

View Full Version : >> FF X-2 looked really that bad?

black orb
03-28-2014, 11:24 PM
>>> After playing a lot of FFX, I dared to take a little peek at FF X-2 and the battles are just :eep:, eww they look really awful and FFX looks way better. Maybe is because my PS3 is set in the Spanish language? (thats gotta be the reason I think), it looks like most of the menu graphics were smurfed up badly. I wonder if setting up the PS3 on English language will make things better..:luca:

DMKA
03-29-2014, 01:05 AM
I haven't tried out FFX-2 yet in HD, but I do remember when playing both games on the PS2 the FFX battle graphics looking better.

Mirage
03-29-2014, 01:48 AM
I think FFX-2s battle graphics had to be toned down because you could potentially have to render two spell effects at once, due to the very liberal ATB system. At worst, you could get like three black skies spells going off at once, and that is a *lot* of work for a poor little PS2. While the PS3 version has touched up textures and stuff, I am sure there are certain aspects of the graphics that they did not boost back up even there.

In FFX, everything is strictly turn based, and there is never any chance at all for anything more than one single character doing something at any given time. I am sure that this makes it easier to push the graphics to the limit at all times.

Carl the Llama
03-29-2014, 02:04 AM
I don't know why but I thought that the HD remake graphics of X-2 were supposed to be better from what everyone has been saying... guess I'm a little less excited to play it now, and here was me rushing through X just to get to X-2 >.<

black orb
03-29-2014, 03:34 AM
I think FFX-2s battle graphics had to be toned down because you could potentially have to render two spell effects at once, due to the very liberal ATB system. At worst, you could get like three black skies spells going off at once, and that is a *lot* of work for a poor little PS2. While the PS3 version has touched up textures and stuff, I am sure there are certain aspects of the graphics that they did not boost back up even there.

In FFX, everything is strictly turn based, and there is never any chance at all for anything more than one single character doing something at any given time. I am sure that this makes it easier to push the graphics to the limit at all times.
>>> That seems to be the reason, my PS2 almost explode when I played FF12..

Well, atleast I have Brother (This guy is totally broken, he killed and mugged everything on sight before I could do anything. lol), rocking in my party now!..:luca:

Jessweeee♪
03-29-2014, 07:02 PM
From what I've heard FFX-2 HD isn't superior to FFX HD appearance wise, but if you only ever played the US versions it does have the most additional content from the original. That's probably why so many people are excited. I finally get all the goodies c:

Karifean
03-29-2014, 07:54 PM
Some people got the Mascot dressphere before even doing the second mission of the game (the race to the top of Mt Gagazet against Leblanc). *envious*

Carl the Llama
03-29-2014, 10:36 PM
Some people got the Mascot dressphere before even doing the second mission of the game (the race to the top of Mt Gagazet against Leblanc). *envious*

How is that even possible? In the PS2 version you only got the dressphere if you Episode Complete! all the area's in the game.

Just how much did they change in X-2?!?

Karifean
03-29-2014, 10:55 PM

How is that even possible? In the PS2 version you only got the dressphere if you Episode Complete! all the area's in the game.

By leveling up (A LOT) and beating the Youth League Tournament in the Fiend Arena.

And trust me, you need to grind a lot for that since you have to beat Via Infinito enemies (*glare* Shady Duo *glare* Tonberry the Ripper) and new superbosses along the way.

Carl the Llama
03-29-2014, 11:01 PM

By leveling up (A LOT) and beating the Youth League Tournament in the Fiend Arena.

And trust me, you need to grind a lot for that since you have to beat Via Infinito enemies (*glare* Shady Duo *glare* Tonberry the Ripper) and new superbosses along the way.

Well that's just lame, if they are so overleveled it would just drain the fun out of the game to 1 hit everything.

Karifean
03-29-2014, 11:21 PM

Well that's just lame, if they are so overleveled it would just drain the fun out of the game to 1 hit everything.

Well if they have the same kind of fun by fighting in the Arena, it's all good innit?

Plus, they're most likely not overleveling YRP like that so it's fine.

Carl the Llama
03-30-2014, 04:18 AM
By leveling up (A LOT)

If they can beat enemies from Via Infinito at chapter 2, that is way overleveled.

Karifean
03-30-2014, 11:27 AM
By leveling up (A LOT)

If they can beat enemies from Via Infinito at chapter 2, that is way overleveled.

What I meant was that there are other party members besides YRP they can level up, so that YRP still stay at a low level. (Btw that's Chapter 1 :P)

Carl the Llama
03-30-2014, 10:52 PM
What I meant was that there are other party members besides YRP they can level up, so that YRP still stay at a low level. (Btw that's Chapter 1 :P)

Other party members?!? Please elaborate.

Karifean
03-30-2014, 11:38 PM
I refer you to this:
Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster (English subs part 003) Shinra's Creature Creator explained! - YouTube (http://youtu.be/gYMz-4rUu8A) ;)