PDA

View Full Version : How many hours have you played?

Carl the Llama
03-29-2014, 02:14 AM
So how about it, I forgot what it was like to play a game with so much to do in it, I have so far put in 63 hours and have yet to beat D. Anima and the Magus Sisters, although I have finished collecting 10 of each monster to unlock (but not yet beaten) Nemesis (I like to save him for just before I take on Penance.

I reckon by the time I have filled out Yuna, Auron, Kimahri and Lulu's Sphere Grid I will be hitting the 80 hour mark maybe higher.

I haven't even touched X-2 or Last Mission yet... amazing how much game you can get out of £25 ^^

Karifean
03-29-2014, 02:26 AM
I'm up to 45 hours on FFX. I've not entered the final dungeon yet, but I have made quite a bunch of progress on Celestial Weapons and Monster Capturing.

I couldn't resist and did the first couple of missions of X-2. I have to force myself to stop playing it and finish X because if I continue now, I will never go back to X...

Carl the Llama
03-29-2014, 04:20 AM
I'm up to 45 hours on FFX. I've not entered the final dungeon yet, but I have made quite a bunch of progress on Celestial Weapons and Monster Capturing.

I couldn't resist and did the first couple of missions of X-2. I have to force myself to stop playing it and finish X because if I continue now, I will never go back to X...

This is exactly why I am rushing through X lol, just beaten Yojimbo and Anima, going to do Penance and the sisters tomorrow, started working towards getting Auron capped on the grid, but its annoying that I cant bribe any monsters to give Power/Mana/Speed spheres... *shrugs* I found a great weapon for his Sphere level has Overdrive > Ap, Triple AP and Triple Overdrive, I have him set to comrade and do the old Don Tonberry trick.

black orb
03-29-2014, 05:21 PM
>>> Not many. Like 45 hours, 5 of them wasted on blitzball, now I just have to beat the flying tick to beat the game..:luca:

Shaibana
03-31-2014, 12:59 PM
lol, i hate that blitzball game. my team sucks xD

ive got the game last tuesday. im not sure, but i think ive got 6 hours into it. something like that.
i just finished playing blitzball and Auron is now going to Yuna to join up with the team

Goldenboko
04-01-2014, 03:04 PM
~40 hours thus far. Currently just getting to Zanarkand. Many hours spent on blitzball.

DMKA
04-05-2014, 02:36 AM
I'm at 77.5 hours and I just got the Jupiter Sigil.

Wow, 77.5 hours on a game I've had just over two weeks is nuts. I haven't even touched X-2 yet.

Carl the Llama
04-05-2014, 09:11 AM
That's not so bad, I reached 82 hours before I got the platinum. I guess it helped that my only obligation is dialysis for 5 hours 3 times a week lol.

I decided to take a little break from X-2 before I delved into it again. Admittedly I was quite lucky with the Jupiter Sigil, only took me about 100 games.

Sephiroth
04-05-2014, 10:45 AM
About 100-110 for X with Platinum and the second Chapter of X-2 in Japanese.

Recently started X and X-2 in German but now I am busy with The Last of Us.

Shaibana
04-05-2014, 04:28 PM
by the way, there are 2 other options that you can play on that HD remake, i cant recall what its called at this moment, but what is it?

p.s is there an option to have the japanese voices? :O

Carl the Llama
04-05-2014, 09:19 PM
by the way, there are 2 other options that you can play on that HD remake, i cant recall what its called at this moment, but what is it?

p.s is there an option to have the japanese voices? :O

Pretty sure you can only have the Japanese voices if you own the Japanese game, they apparently had the English subtitles on the original version of the game and could be utilized by some complicated means, I could't tell you more as I didn't really look into it that much.

As for the other options I can tell you the game I have has the following options:

Final Fantasy X
Eternal Calm (vid about the prologue of FFX-2)
Final Fantasy X-2
Final Fantasy X-2 Last Mission (short game where Yuna and her friends try to climb a tower, haven't played it yet so can't offer an opinion on it).

Jiro
04-08-2014, 08:21 AM
I have played for like two hours and have spent three or four times that making notes :shobon:

Shaibana
04-08-2014, 11:15 AM
i have now officialy got further then where i got stuck a view years ago.
i really thought i got further though :O

my memorie isnt that good it apears, i thought i was stuck at a boss that would push me off a clif but that was somwhere in the beginning.
but i was stuck at a boss called Crawler. i do recall it now.

so from now on its all new teritory for me

Scotty_ffgamer
04-09-2014, 08:20 AM
I just beat the final boss of X at around 53 hours. I was going to do some of the extra stuff but I don't know that I care enough about the Dark Aeons and all that at this point.

Rostum
04-11-2014, 12:04 AM
A few hours. Just started playing last night. :)

Sephex
04-11-2014, 06:00 AM
41 or 42. The last thing I have left to do is beat Sin. I am literally at the last save point. I did more side quest stuff than I usually do, but not everything. Some RPGs I enjoy doing all the extra stuff, but some I just don't see a point. I will probably beat it tomorrow. Oh, and I got my copy only a couple of days after release.

Nice
04-11-2014, 06:17 AM
I think I'm merely 12-15 hours in. But i want to do everything in this game. So I'm prepared for the long haul. :0

Shaibana
04-11-2014, 05:13 PM
Lol, im not going to explore every corner of the game :p i dont have the patience for that.
dont know how many hours, but i am on the Al-Bhed airship

LunarWeaver
04-13-2014, 12:37 PM
I clocked about 45 in X and same in X-2. I originally set out TO DO EVERYTHING *SUPERMAN POSE*, but that desire went away pretty fast. Beefing up for super hard bosses or riding chocobos, eh. And smurf Shinra with his CommSphere network and Sphere Break championship. I want to tie a Cactuar to a baseball bat and hit that little trout with it.

Sephex
04-13-2014, 08:54 PM
Beat FFX as I said I would. Just started FFX-2 and I wasn't prepared for the new game mechanical (spoilers for those who want to be surprised) the monster catching thing that is essentially Pokemon. It's cool, and I like it, but I don't want to spend much longer on FFX-2 than I did with FFX. I enjoy both games, but there are other games that I want to play/games on the horizon I know I'll want to get to.

black orb
04-17-2014, 02:50 AM
>>> 120 hours, Monster arena cleared and now Im fighting the Dark Aeons..:luca:

Rostum
04-18-2014, 10:02 AM
I've done 42 hours now and I'm just starting all the side quests. :) I don't think I'm going to bother too much with the tougher and more grindy stuff though, not enough free time.

AssassinDX
04-18-2014, 08:36 PM
About 30, just left the Calm Lands.

Rocket Edge
04-18-2014, 11:09 PM
60. But I haven't played it in 2 weeks because my PS3 needs to be replaced. :/

Shaibana
04-19-2014, 10:11 PM
i believe around 20, but now im forced to put some time into grinding

Rostum
04-19-2014, 11:01 PM
50 hours now, I've gotten a couple celestial weapons unlocked. They really help with grinding some sphere levels, but I think maybe I could come back to the game at a later stage. I also can't get the last Jecht Sphere because of Dark Valefor, and not sure if I want to try beating the Blitzball League to get Wakka's overdrives. :(

Nice
04-25-2014, 03:42 PM

I'm about 50 hours in. But I'm wasting a few trying to beat that damn mini game! Ugh

edit~ 30 attempts later and I got it, a time of 0.0. My ghad. Sucks that it's a mere bronze trophy. That trout should be gold. :/

Rostum
04-25-2014, 11:21 PM
I nearly threw my PS3 off my balcony over that mini game. My fucking god, I swear they made the hitboxes on the birds bigger and the balloons smaller in this version. But luckily it only took me an hour or so, compared to some people I've heard taking days.

We clocked in around 62 hours finishing the game. Still have Wakka and Lulu's celestial weapons to get, and still need to customize Tetra accessories with Break HP Limit/Auto-Haste/Auto-Phoenix/etc., but I think I'll come back to those at a later date. Needless to say, Jecht got off one attack in total I believe... Keep in mind I've barely grinded here, I was merely working towards doing the Don Tonberry leveling trick, but I lost interest for now.

Jessweeee♪
04-26-2014, 05:14 PM
Did you know if you get a time of exactly 0.0 it doesn't count? You need to beat 0.0 to get the sigil.

I'm going on 80 hours now trying to complete sphere grids. Fortune spheeeeeeeeres!!! I'm doing all the sidequests I never did before as well :v

Nebulance
04-28-2014, 01:17 PM
I'm up to 12--13 hours at the moment. Coming up on Operation Mi'hen; using the expert grid too!

Casey
04-29-2014, 07:16 AM
I'm at Djose Temple... haven't been playing much and have had it since it was released. 10-15 hours in.

BlueD
05-05-2014, 04:38 AM
Im at 45ish hours on X-2. I have years on my X ps2 game i don't want to have to start all over does anybody have any idea how many blitzball games it takes to get your guys to level 99 lol

Shaibana
05-06-2014, 12:11 PM
I'm up to 12--13 hours at the moment. Coming up on Operation Mi'hen; using the expert grid too!

im using the “normal“ speer grid. whats the difference with the expert grid?

BlueD
05-06-2014, 01:47 PM

im using the “normal“ speer grid. whats the difference with the expert grid?

Basically standard is the original one, where players are set on their default paths. Expert starts everyone in the middle and you do as you please with each character. Its more open and lets you customize your characters to a greater extent than the standard. On the down side expert has fewer nodes than the standard.

Hope this helps

leader of mortals
05-07-2014, 02:10 AM
I've put 45-50 hours into X-2, and I want to finish the Via Infinito and do a lot in the fiend arena before I move to X. Probably won't try for 100% yet, but I may. I'm excited to be able to fight the dark aeons, being an American :P

Neptunia
05-08-2014, 06:27 PM
I think about 35 hours on X, I know I have the option to start an assault on Sin, least I think so. about 10 hours on X-2, I want to do a normal ending clear. at least I think that's what I want, before going for completion runs.

Jiro
05-09-2014, 02:51 AM
I'm like 20 odd hours in and up to the Moonflow. It has been slow travels.

Aulayna
05-10-2014, 10:31 AM
About 10 hours into X now, just got to the end of Mi'ihen High Road.

Jessweeee♪
05-16-2014, 07:43 PM

112 hours send help