PDA

View Full Version : So... should we assume this series is dead?

Wolf Kanno
03-29-2014, 10:00 PM
Outside of mobile gaming, it seems to me like the Ivalice team has been sidelined by SE. So what do you think are the chances we may see and actual new console (either handheld or main console system) entry in the Tactics franchise?

NeoCracker
04-01-2014, 10:38 AM
Just let it go man.

Just let it go. :cry:

Fynn
04-01-2014, 12:56 PM
Keeping my fingers crossed.

The Summoner of Leviathan
04-01-2014, 07:08 PM
It shall not be dead! It's ways will live again!

Wolf Kanno
04-01-2014, 07:10 PM
Just as a side note, this was revealed today for the new mobile game.

Final Fantasy VI Heroes Summoned Like Espers For Final Fantasy Tactics S - Siliconera (http://www.siliconera.com/2014/04/01/final-fantasy-vi-heroes-summoned-like-espers-final-fantasy-tactics-s/)

Bolivar
04-02-2014, 12:29 AM
I don't know... It's hard to imagine these kinds of games without Matsuno, which is probably why they commissioned him for the Tactics Ogre remake. Sakimoto and Yoshida both went freelancer. Don't know what happened to Hiroshi Minagawa, who was pretty much Matsuno's successor and already had a big impact on their titles together. I know someone with that name worked on Little King's Story but I had heard there's another dude with the same name out there... strange. I assume the rank and file developers got staffed on other SE projects over the years.

I heard a few rumors that the Quest developers didn't get along with the Square veterans. That's a shame, because I feel like after FFXII wrapped up, they should have immediately went to work on a PS3 game. Could've saved Square's reputation a bit...

Vyk
04-03-2014, 06:05 PM
I was under the impression a lot of them went to work on Unsung Story? And that it was going to be the spiritual successor to the Tactics/Ivalice franchises. Granted, it'll be a different beast in a different world. But the Kickstarter was supposedly meant to fund handheld and console releases after it's inevitable mobile run. I may have my facts a little muddled though, as, sadly, I don't know any of these developers by name

NeoCracker
04-04-2014, 01:07 AM
Yeah, for all the shit I give Gears, Fei is arguably one of the best written video game characters I have ever scene.

Another thing that separates him from cloud! :monster: