PDA

View Full Version : Einhander

Wolf Kanno
03-29-2014, 10:07 PM
I sometimes feel like I'm the only person who remembers this game. Anyone else play this interesting little side-scroller shooter?

Slothy
03-29-2014, 10:31 PM
You are far from the only person who remembers this. I only ever got to play the demo, but damn was it good.

Wolf Kanno
03-29-2014, 10:33 PM
I only played the demo myself sadly, I've waiting for SE to release this on the PSN network but lord they are taking their sweet time on this.

Slothy
03-29-2014, 10:51 PM
Definitely a shame they aren't getting around to releasing it faster. One of the best games I've never actually played.

Wolf Kanno
03-30-2014, 04:26 AM
I had a friend who spent a bit of cash to get it after it became a rare game. He brought me over and I got to play some more of it then, but I mostly watched him play through and had to say I was pretty impressed. It's a far cry from King's Knight on the NES. I wonder why SE never tried to make another game of this genre?

NeoCracker
03-30-2014, 07:18 AM
I. I wonder why SE never tried to make another game of this genre?

I sometimes feel like I'm the only person who remembers this game.

black orb
03-30-2014, 06:46 PM
I wonder why SE never tried to make another game of this genre?
>>> It will probably hit the arcades only..:luca:

This game was hard. It was a good game, personally Im more fan of vertical scroll shooters..

Mercen-X
04-01-2014, 01:58 AM
I'm absolutely sure that I'm the only person who remembers a certain game that I thought was called Einhander. A fighter, I remember playing a demo wherein the stage was one with a dark background, like a night setting, and the character select was flush with fighters who all wielded a sword. They all had different looks and styles but the sword was the single shared trait. There were probably other weapons, but the fact that most of the playable characters used a sword is one stood out to me. While playing the demo, I seem to recall not being very good at it as the moves required timing. I'm pretty sure it was a PlayStation game.

Ayen
04-01-2014, 02:02 AM
^ Are you thinking of Bushido Blade by any chance?

The cover reminds me of the FFVII cover. I haven't played the game, sorry to say. Or if I did I don't remember it.

Mercen-X
04-01-2014, 03:02 AM
Nope. Straight fighter, life gauges and all. I think it was more similar to Soul Blade, but I've seen so many pics and vids of Soul Blade and I know I've never played it.

You're right about the cover. There's something about the splash of color against a seemingly black and white background. The PlayStation release of Final Fantasy V & VI (Anthology) is similar as well. The color contrast between Terra and her magitek armor brings VII to mind.

NeoCracker
04-01-2014, 12:19 PM
Ehrgeiz - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ehrgeiz)
This one perhaps?

Mercen-X
04-02-2014, 05:49 AM
Nope. Owned that one. This game had the primary form of combat being between swordsman a la Soul Blade, no hand-to-hand, no long range weapons as far as I can recall. It's not important though. Just something I've been trying to remember for the last twelve years of my life. I should have better things to do. Unfortunately, I don't.

I wonder if anyone would be able to recall a fighter for a game I believe was on the Saturn or DreamCast. One of the playable characters was a fat floating stuffed bear. It stood out to me because of how ridiculous it was. I mean, I understand there are fighting games that have animals as fighters and some that have normally inanimate objects (like Mokujin) but this one just fried my brain.

Feel free to ignore all of this. I would start a new thread, but there's little point as I don't think anyone would contribute anything more than they have here. I should stop typing now...

Mercen-X
04-22-2014, 09:26 AM
I think I found it: http://1687fa34097574f11013-f010928b0f6482a6479792d4809b5ba0.r36.cf1.rackcdn.com/b4f96a55ebb7761ea63847aeaed791e236646d0f.jpg__576x480_q85.jpgWiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plasma_Sword:_Nightmare_of_Bilstein)

I also think I found the other game that had me vexed with one of the characters being a giant floating bear. Fighters Megamix had two bear characters with no animations and a Daytona racing car that stood on its rear wheels.