PDA

View Full Version : So is this the whole playable cast?

Wolf Kanno
03-29-2014, 10:10 PM
A lot of characters have been shown in the trailers, so do you think we've seen the whole playable cast yet or are you hoping there are still a few surprises left in that department?

Pumpkin
03-29-2014, 10:34 PM
I hope to have more playable female characters. There are only 2 shown and I don't even know if we get to play both :/

Fynn
03-29-2014, 10:53 PM
I hope there's more, but I wouldn't be disappointed if there weren't, as long as I get to play as the older dudes. Noctis's wolf pack seems interesting enough on their own, but a greater variety can't hurt.

Del Murder
03-31-2014, 04:20 AM
I hope for some surprises, and hopefully some variety.

Sephex
03-31-2014, 05:48 AM
Digron Zaphire - A brooding main character with a tortured past. When his sister, Doreenau Zaphire was kidnapped by the Shiuba corporation, Digron was inspired to craft a chainsaw sword to get sweet vengeance. At the game's outset, he discovers that Doreenau now appears to be in league with the Shiuba corporation.

Kithwyrn Hanzred - A happy go lucky bruiser with tons of attitude. His in your face attitude and constant alcohol consumption that doesn't affect his weight or muscles pulls in all the chocobos from the stables, if you catch my drift.

Minua Kooper - A mysterious power surounds this young woman. In a world of modern technology, skyscrapers, and wifi, Minua has the power to heal by waving her hands and forming green particle effects on people. The Shiuba corporation, which has it's hand in vast insurance networks, wants to kidnap this woman. Do they want to get rid of her, or control her as with Doreenau Zaphire? One thing is for sure: Digron is not going to let that happen.

Xewynu 56 - Not much is known about this character. With his motorcycle like suit and helmet with the number 56 labeled all over his uniform, he may or may not come to be a secret weapon project gone rouge from the Shiuba Corporation owned building "Research Facility 56."

Vanderheart Bloodkillaru - A secret agent from the Killer Night Division, Vanderheart was originally sent to assassinate Digron once the Shiuba Corporation uncovered the plans for chainsaw weapon, which is far superior to their privately owned army with a variety of magic science infused projectile weapons. It is rumored that Vanderheart is a double agent, but his true affiliation is unknown.

Psychotic
03-31-2014, 07:20 AM
They'll break the three female rule if they're not careful.

Edge7
03-31-2014, 05:48 PM
Digron Zaphire, Kithwyrn Hanzred Minua Kooper
Xewynu 56 Vanderheart Bloodkillaru
Silly Sephex, those names aren't nearly ridiculously Latin enough :tongue:

Loony BoB
04-07-2014, 02:08 PM
In a twist, it is revealed that one of the guys turns out to be a pirate Faris a girl.

Ayen
04-07-2014, 03:37 PM
No idea. I'm not even sure what stage of development they're in. I'm not even sure if they themselves know what stage of development they're in.

Fynn
04-08-2014, 06:12 AM
In a twist, it is revealed that one of the guys turns out to be a pirate Faris a girl.

She'd have some severe hormonal disorder, then.

Who would that be, though? If anyone, I'd bet on Gladiolus. He's so big and beefy that all that may just as we'll be a costume/mecha that she's controlling from within and she's really tiny.

Chibi Youkai
04-26-2014, 12:23 AM
So, why is it that the main character always has a tortured/ brooding/ dark past?

Fynn
04-26-2014, 06:34 AM
How do you know this is the case? From what Nomura has said and shown so far, he's a spoiled mafia prince with an awkward and quirky side.

Chibi Youkai
04-26-2014, 07:36 PM
How do you know this is the case? From what Nomura has said and shown so far, he's a spoiled mafia prince with an awkward and quirky side.

Because that's what Sephex's description says.

Digron Zaphire - A brooding main character with a tortured past. When his sister, Doreenau Zaphire was kidnapped by the Shiuba corporation, Digron was inspired to craft a chainsaw sword to get sweet vengeance. At the game's outset, he discovers that Doreenau now appears to be in league with the Shiuba corporation.

Fynn
04-26-2014, 10:28 PM
Huh. I've learned to read Sephex's posts... Liberally. Or, to put it bluntly, I forgot and you reference was lost on me :D

Ayen
04-26-2014, 10:30 PM
I don't think Sephex was being serious, but either way a chainsaw sword sounds cool as smurf.

Chibi Youkai
04-26-2014, 10:36 PM
You never know. Chainsaws have been done before. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lollipop_Chainsaw) And it would be nice to see something different out of Squeenix.

Ayen
04-26-2014, 10:39 PM
Thanks for reminding me I need to get that game ASAP. Watching it on YouTube was insane.