PDA

View Full Version : Kitchen Appliances

noxious.sunshine
03-30-2014, 03:19 PM
I have a fascination with them..

My blender is my bff.. I need a new one cuz Jay left ours in Clarksville.. I make a lot of salsas and fruit & yogurt smoothies for Parker & me on weekend mornings for breakfast..

I'm dying for a crock pot, food processer, waffle maker (even though I don't really eat waffles), and stand mixer. . And probably a lot of other things, I just can't think of them right now. OH. An electric skillet. I need one in my life.

Not appliances, but other things I need/want really bad: a griddle/indoor grill pan, a cast iron skillet, a dutch oven or stock pot, and a good pizza stone. lol

What do you use most often and what do you wish you had?

Calliope
03-30-2014, 04:20 PM
My microwave gets the most use, then the coffee grinder. If I had the kitchen space and the money, I'd get a food processor, dehydrator and spiralizer.

Parker
03-30-2014, 07:23 PM
i want a sous vide water bath thing like nobodies business

Freya
03-31-2014, 05:07 AM
I want a mixer really bad. I want oneeeee. The good kitchen aid ones are SOOOooooo expensive though D:

noxious.sunshine
03-31-2014, 05:10 PM
omg they are!!

Calliope- we used to have a dehydrator and would make beef jerkey with it.. Sooo yum.. But, you know you can use your oven as a dehydrator - Ive used it to make sun dried tomatoes.

Shorty
03-31-2014, 05:30 PM
You have a fascination with kitchen appliances? xD

When I lived in my own apartment, I had too many kitchen appliances that I never used. The skillet, coffeemaker, espresso machine, crock pot, toaster and microwave were used often, but the blender, toaster oven, waffle iron, a mixer, a tortilla maker, food processor, breadmaker, fondue pot, ice cream maker, pasta maker were not. Many of those things were given to my boyfriend and I by his family members when we moved into our new apartment, or I wouldn't have owned more than half of them.

I don't think we ever used the food processor - it had so many damn parts and blades and was just a general pain in the ass, so it got pushed into the back of the darkened cupboards. The mixer was one of those awesome CuisineArt ones, but the whisk was stupidly flimsy and bent way too easily! I was so mad! We used the fondue pot once, the ice cream and pasta makers never, the tortilla maker never.

Too many, too many things. Took up a lot of space on counters and in cupboards. Although I never want to go without a waffle maker ever again. Waffle makers are the best things in the world.

Moogle Chrome
03-31-2014, 09:35 PM
My KitchenAid™ is my rock. Pasta roller extension ftw!

I, like most of you, need a food processor in my life. I cook too much to not have one.