PDA

View Full Version : xbox 1 or ps4

gamewizzard16
04-01-2014, 02:59 AM
which console are u getting

Slothy
04-01-2014, 03:04 AM
Neither. But if I had to pick one it'd be a PS4. I wouldn't touch an XBone with a ten foot clown pole.

Ayen
04-01-2014, 03:04 AM
Neither because I'm a poor bastard, but I'll pretend for a minute funds isn't an issue. The PS4 if I absolutely had to choose. I didn't like the decisions Microsoft made going in with the Xbox One and I still don't care for the mandatory add-on that comes with the Xbox One jumping the price. Though right now there doesn't seem to be much incentive to get either yet as games are still coming out to the PS3 and Xbox 360 even if they have versions for the PS4 and Xbox One.

Edit: I love how Vivi and I basically say the same thing at the exact same time.

Scotty_ffgamer
04-01-2014, 03:26 AM
I'm going to get a PS4 soon, possibly as soon as tomorrow. Most likely not since they seem to be in short supply, but I've finally resolved to buy it and will be checking out the Gamestop at the mall I work at tomorrow. That being said, I think both systems are pretty neat and have good games coming out for them despite the initial shaky waters XBOX One faced.

I couldn't care less about Titanfall. I'm not huge on shooters really, and I know I'd get bored pretty quickly. Infamous looks like a much better game to me. In terms of multiplatform stuff, I feel like most of what I've seen show that things look noticeably better on PS4. But if Titanfall is your thing, different retailers in the US have been selling the Titanfall XB1 bundle for 450, essentially evening out the price gap between the PS4 and XB1. That's pretty cool.

Shorty
04-01-2014, 03:28 AM
I've been a PlayStation girl all my life until I got an XBox last November, and now I'm hooked. So probably that.

Slothy
04-01-2014, 03:37 AM
I've been a PlayStation girl all my life until I got an XBox last November, and now I'm hooked. So probably that.

Wrong choice.

Pumpkin
04-01-2014, 03:47 AM
I will get a PS4 when I miraculously get a job.

Shorty
04-01-2014, 03:50 AM

Wrong choice.

Fact: All the cool kids have or have had XBoxes.

theundeadhero
04-01-2014, 03:53 AM
But not will have, because cool kids will never own an XBone. I think I'm finally done with consoles but if I eventually do get this current generation it will be a PS4.

Sephex
04-01-2014, 04:00 AM
Right this second? Neither. Eventually? PS4. Not high on my priority list right now. Got lots of stuff to play right now. While Ground Zeroes is out, I am sure the Phantom Pain will make me want to get one more since that's the console I want to play those on and I am that big of a Metal Gear Solid fan.

Nicolas
04-01-2014, 06:46 AM
Both systems are quite nice.

The PS4 has the Dualshock 4, which is, by far, the most comfortable controller I've ever used. They system is just slightly more powerful than the XBOne but is able to play games at a 1080p resolution natively. Honestly, that isn't a big concern. FPS is where it's at. It also installs the games to your HDD relatively quickly compared to the XBOne, which is wonderful. The difference is pretty great on that. Playstation Plus MORE than pays for itself with the access to games you get every month. So far, it's been a wonderful selection of indie games. Sony's whole acceptance on indies has been fantastic and only seems to be looking up from here. If you happen to have a Vita, then you can use that for Remote Play. It's a great feature.

As for the XBOne, I feel the interface is nicer and runs a bit smoother. The controller is the same great controller the XBox 360 had with the added caveat of rumble trigger buttons. I know it sounds strange, but it actually feels quite nice. You do have some nifty exclusives such as Peggle 2 and Titanfall. Supposedly, developer use and access to the cloud system Microsoft has created for the XBOne will help make up for any sort of deficiency in graphical power. Titanfall apparently uses this, but between the PC version and the XBOne, I can't really tell a difference other than the obvious fact that the PC version looks and runs better. The added bonuses of Skype calling and splitscreen is actually pretty cool as well. Much like PS+, you need XBox Live to do any sort of multiplayer for some games. Now... Unlike PS+, you need Live to access popular apps like Netflix and PS+ can be bypassed by Devs for certain types of games.

PS4 is the system to get right now.

... or, that's what I'd say if I didn't already have both. Honestly, I like them both quite a bit. I just wish there were more games to play on them. Though, the PS4 seems to be gaining more games quicker than the XBOne now too.

Gotta love winning a console.

Jiro
04-01-2014, 06:53 AM
I will pick up a PS4 sometime in the future because it opens up my ability to publish trout and isn't a piece of garbage. Microsoft confused me throughout this entire process.

Wolf Kanno
04-01-2014, 06:58 AM
The Wii U!!!

Okay on topic...

I will echo Vivi22 and ToriJ on this one and say neither because their isn't much incentive just yet.

Ayen
04-01-2014, 06:59 AM
I will pick up a PS4 sometime in the future because it opens up my ability to publish trout and isn't a piece of garbage. Microsoft confused me throughout this entire process.

I heard it mentioned in passing that they had some kind of partnership with EA, but never cared to look more into it. It would certainly explain all those bad decisions if it's true >.>

NeoCracker
04-01-2014, 09:47 AM
...I already have a Wii U. And I like it well enough.

The only current gen I lack is a XBone, and I'm okay with that. Hell, even my PC just got upgraded in a big way, so even PC gaming is a solid option right now. :p

Bolivar
04-01-2014, 02:58 PM
I'm enjoying the PS4. There's lots to do, much of which is free. Most of the big franchises released last November and March was pretty good for the system, with Infamous, Metal Gear, and the Dead Nation remaster free with Plus. So there's a solid lineup of retail discs and PS+ does a great job filling out your library with some of the best downloadable titles at no extra charge. Mercenary Kings is actually out today so I'm gonna check that out when I get off work. There's also a lot of free (non-PS+) content, since Sony made the push to ease free-to-play devs and open betas on the system. We just had the FFXIV beta, and another round is starting this week I believe.

So it's kept me pretty busy although not enough to wipe out the hours I still put into Steam every week. I can't say if it's worth the $400 cost of entry for everyone but I was fortunate enough to afford it at the time and I haven't regretted the purchase.

Despite the stumbled marketing, I hear lots of good things from Xbox One owners. It's supposed to feel more like a next gen tech gadget more so than just another games console, largely due to all the TV integration. Titanfall also launched for them in March. I played the beta on PC, it was cool and another solid multiplayer shooter in their lineup.