PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite general store in an RPG?

Scotty_ffgamer
04-01-2014, 05:29 AM
Question is in the title.

Jiro
04-01-2014, 05:35 AM
Del's Sundries. All titles. Everywhere. Get out you heathen.

Mercen-X
04-01-2014, 06:05 AM
I don't totally recall. Bogus.

Ayen
04-01-2014, 06:07 AM
Does the Golden Saucer count?

Scotty_ffgamer
04-01-2014, 06:10 AM
I mean, it's not really a store. Just an amusement park/arcade type thing. It is pretty awesome, though. My shop in the game, Recettear, was a pretty good shop, I must say. O'aka XXIII will probably always be my favorite, though.

Pumpkin
04-01-2014, 06:14 AM
I liked that store... in that game. The one that sold the items?

Probably the Old Gaffer's Buggy from Dark Cloud.

Ayen
04-01-2014, 06:17 AM
I'm counting the Golden Saucer and there's nothing any of you can do about it!

Del Murder
04-01-2014, 06:17 AM
The hidden magic shop in the original FF. You get the best spells there.

Scotty_ffgamer
04-01-2014, 06:20 AM
I'm okay with that, ToriJ.

Wolf Kanno
04-01-2014, 06:50 AM
The Pawn shop from Lufia 2 that only sells the items you have sold. Such a clever idea.

Del Murder
04-01-2014, 06:58 AM
I loved that shop too!

Sephex
04-01-2014, 09:11 AM
The Desert store in EarthBound seemed very cozy and that theme for the stores went with that setting perfectly.

black orb
04-02-2014, 03:50 AM
>>> FF1 Caravan, he rip you off for a stinky bottle. And he sell more than just one..:luca:

Jessweeee♪
04-02-2014, 04:05 AM
All you haters can hate but Chocolina is my favorite vendor.

Bubba
04-02-2014, 09:50 AM
Beedle's Air Shop in Skyward Sword.

I just loved the fact that you had to chase it round Skyloft and hit it with a slingshot so you can climb up. It's one of those things that I thought would get annoying eventually but it never did!

Beedle is a weird guy.

Sephex
04-02-2014, 10:41 AM

I just loved the fact that you had to chase it round Skyloft and hit it with a slingshot so you can climb up. It's one of those things that I thought would get annoying eventually but it never did!

Beedle is a weird guy.

It was the exact opposite of his boat service in Wind Waker. That one made sense since everyone had to travel by boat or lived on an island. But Skyward Sword Beedle? Dude didn't want business, I guess! I suppose you could make the argument that people could use the birds to get to his shop, but that's an awfully small needle to thread without Link's equipment.

In other news, I have thought about this too much, and I have been up for too long.

Skyblade
04-03-2014, 01:01 AM

Beedle is a weird guy.

It was the exact opposite of his boat service in Wind Waker. That one made sense since everyone had to travel by boat or lived on an island. But Skyward Sword Beedle? Dude didn't want business, I guess! I suppose you could make the argument that people could use the birds to get to his shop, but that's an awfully small needle to thread without Link's equipment.

In other news, I have thought about this too much, and I have been up for too long.

Don't forget that if you don't buy anything, he just dumps you right out over the open sky. Most shopkeepers don't try to kill window shoppers.

Although, Beedle's Shop Ship does have those skulls on it...

Depression Moon
04-03-2014, 01:05 AM
The Pawn shop from Lufia 2 that only sells the items you have sold. Such a clever idea.

That sounds kind of shitty. That would piss me off too. Why would you think I would want to buy the thing I just sold you?

Spuuky
04-03-2014, 07:11 PM
Obviously Taloon's shop in DQ4.

Skyblade
04-07-2014, 07:15 AM

That sounds kind of troutty. That would piss me off too. Why would you think I would want to buy the thing I just sold you?

There are several shops like that in Rune Factory. However, once you've sold an item, they can carry an unlimited number of that item. It's expensive, but you can use it to great effect to collect rare resources for making higher level gear or farm tools.