PDA

View Full Version : Who is the most underrated character?

Wolf Kanno
04-01-2014, 07:34 PM
What it says on the tin, who in your mind is the most underrated character in this game, either playable or NPC.

black orb
04-02-2014, 03:10 AM
>>> Hard to say, every FF7 character has their well deserved fanbase..:luca:

Now if we talk about overrated characters, the list is long..

Ayen
04-02-2014, 03:14 AM
Good question. I want to say Cait Sith and Jessie, but not sure if the former really qualifies. Jessie does feel underrated to me since I don't see her talked about much at all. She was crushing on Cloud before crushing on Cloud was cool. Crushing on Cloud hipster!

Jiro
04-02-2014, 02:31 PM
Barret is easily the most underrated of the main, playable characters.

EDIT: Okay maybe I should justify this. I did something like this before so here:

Barret Wallace is an underrated character. People think he's a racial stereotype, a Mr. T knockoff, or, at best, a flat and disposable character only necessary to kick off the plot. That's bulltrout.

Let's look at some simple facts. Barret is the leader of AVALANCHE. He does dirty work for a good cause and has to smurfing live with not only the deaths of innocents, but eventually of his buddies. That's traumatising as smurf.

Barret worries constantly about his daughter, Marlene. In a scene between him and Elmyra, he succinctly states the issue he faces: he wants to be with Marlene, but he's gotta stay away and fight for her future. Did I mention that she isn't even his biological kid? Goddamn, man.

Barret loses his leadership to Cloud, but keeps on fighting. He does so without grumbling. He shoulders the ruin of Corel all by himself, accepting the abuse of the people of Mt. Corel despite those smurfers all wanting Mako too. Barret doesn't bitch and moan. He tries to handle that trout by himself, because he is a strong, independent black man who don't need no man.

He knows he isn't the most gifted at anything - his confusion with materia is played for laughs but it's kind of tragic in a sense - but Barret is right smurfing there doing it all. The man is a smurfing legend and should get more respect.

http://i48.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/73idja.jpg

Ayen
04-02-2014, 02:39 PM
*sniff* Manly tear. Manly tear.

Oh who am I kidding? I'm sobbing! :crying:

Forsaken Lover
04-02-2014, 02:48 PM
I would agree with Barret.

The Man
04-02-2014, 03:13 PM
Agreed with Barret. I will add, however, that Yuffie almost never left my party after Aeris died because her healing limit break was so utterly indispensable. So there's that.

Bubba
04-02-2014, 03:17 PM
Jessie is clearly the most underrated character.

Without her you wouldn't be able to get into the No.1 Reactor at the start.

Jiro
04-03-2014, 08:39 AM
The unnamed AVALANCHE members who gave their lives to get those codes are the most underrated :colbert:

Night Fury
04-03-2014, 08:55 AM
Red XIII for me, although Barret is also p. cool.

Ayen
04-03-2014, 08:57 AM
The unnamed AVALANCHE members who gave their lives to get those codes are the most underrated :colbert:

Let us never forget John and Jane Doe.

Christmas
08-27-2022, 04:35 AM
The Shinra Toilet. :(