PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Trance

Wolf Kanno
04-01-2014, 07:38 PM
Okay, so its not the most well loved Limit Break system but Trance was conceptually a cool concept. So which character make you giggle in glee when they lit up like a Christmas Tree?

Pumpkin
04-01-2014, 07:39 PM
Vivi :jess:

Dbl Blk was great for the fight against Black Waltz #3 and he also looked really cool!

Freya
04-02-2014, 01:25 AM
Freya. She does a lot of jump damage!

black orb
04-02-2014, 03:23 AM
>>> Steiner..:luca:

Jinx
04-02-2014, 02:07 PM

Jiro
04-02-2014, 02:34 PM
Zidane's was probably my favourite because he gained new skills

Depression Moon
04-03-2014, 01:21 AM
Freya. She does a lot of jump damage!

Freya seemed like she did less damage from Jump while in Trance mode, but I suppose it outweighs the fact that she wouldn't be taking damage for about three turns if you use it immediately. Visually I think Vivi looks the coolest and as far as usefulness Zidane's is the best. Eiko and Vivi's double magic were really helpful, Quina's Cook was for the most part useless if you had no intent of learning an ability from an enemy, Steiner just gets a damage boost, Amarant's skills applies to multiple targets which is cool, and Garnet's Eidolon gave a good bit of extra damage. I'm not totally sure how it works. Do you only get the extra summon if you use the same summon twice in the row?

NeoCracker
04-03-2014, 08:27 AM
Amarant's and Steiners Trances both look awesome as all hell.

Though yeah, no real use for the system due to it's flawed design.

Shorty
04-04-2014, 07:28 PM
Freya's is probably my favorite as well. I also love the changes in her appearance.

The trance itself annoys the shit out of me, though, because of the transition scene and pause in battle. I hate it. It's only a couple of seconds, but I hate it.

Forsaken Lover
04-04-2014, 07:45 PM
http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130625042303/finalfantasy/images/7/72/TranceKuja-ffix.png

Shauna
04-04-2014, 11:35 PM
Dbl Black was useful, especially when Vivi was superpowered as he was in my game. Destroyed everything.

Pity Trance was useless with its stupid turning on at the end of battles 90% of the time.

Scotty_ffgamer
04-04-2014, 11:43 PM
Freya and Zidane probably had my favorite Trances.

MJN SEIFER
04-07-2014, 06:46 PM
Zidane's was probably my favourite because he gained new skills Yeah, same here. If I had designed this game, I would had every character gain new skills during Trance.

The fact only Zidane did was one of the two things I didn't like about Trance.

Pity Trance was useless with its stupid turning on at the end of battles 90% of the time. And that was the second.

CimminyCricket
04-08-2014, 03:52 AM

I liked that his armor got not rusty and cool.

Wolf Kanno
04-08-2014, 05:08 AM
Zidane's was probably my favourite because he gained new skills Yeah, same here. If I had designed this game, I would had every character gain new skills during Trance.

The fact only Zidane did was one of the two things I didn't like about Trance.

Pity Trance was useless with its stupid turning on at the end of battles 90% of the time. And that was the second.

The funny thing is, I'm the opposite. I never liked the Dyne skill set cause they were too overpowered and didn't follow the rest of the casts theme and I actually liked that I couldn't rely on Trance for strategy after playing Final Fantasy "Squall use the Limit" VIII, it was refreshing change of pace.

Trumpet Thief
04-09-2014, 07:39 AM
Zidane's was great in terms of the abilities/strengths of the attacks that were unlocked.

However, Vivi's was my favourite for storyline purposes. I loved that there was a real emotional trigger to Vivi's trance (there was for Zidane's too but Vivi's was extra special).

Quindiana Jones
04-09-2014, 02:24 PM
Steiner's definitely looked the coolest. He got all knighty.