PDA

View Full Version : Gotta catch 'em all

Karifean
04-01-2014, 11:30 PM
Creature Create is freakishly addictive. Discuss its awesomeness.

So far, the Ruminants (Nashorn, Quattro-Horn) have been a pleasant surprise. They may be M-sized, but they make for quite capable physical attackers. Skewer ignores defense and you can set them up to only use it and nothing else. Though Quattro-Horn also has Quick Hit which is nice as well.

Boris is definitely one of the best Large monsters I've caught so far. Just by the fact that his basic attack hits twice, his general damage output is already leagues ahead of others'. I think I'll keep him round for a while.

Using L monsters with the White Mage dressphere, beating the first four tournaments was no problem. Though Shady Duo and Tonberry the Ripper are nightmarish and basically a brick wall to prevent you from unlocking anything else for now...

Carl the Llama
04-01-2014, 11:34 PM
Creature Create is freakishly addictive. Discuss its awesomeness.

So far, the Ruminants (Nashorn, Quattro-Horn) have been a pleasant surprise. They may be M-sized, but they make for quite capable physical attackers. Skewer ignores defense and you can set them up to only use it and nothing else. Though Quattro-Horn also has Quick Hit which is nice as well.

Boris is definitely one of the best Large monsters I've caught so far. Just by the fact that his basic attack hits twice, his general damage output is already leagues ahead of others'. I think I'll keep him round for a while.

Using L monsters with the White Mage dressphere, beating the first four tournaments was no problem. Though Shady Duo and Tonberry the Ripper are nightmarish and basically a brick wall to prevent you from unlocking anything else for now...

Just started playing with this, I was level 1 and couldn't even get past the first tournament, so I decided to level up a little on Mt Gagazet and went back when I was level 10, the birds gave me a little trouble but I won and got the Psychic DS, which I love... I won a few times and then decided I would be better off leveling up and finishing chapter 1 before I went onto hard mode.

Karifean
04-01-2014, 11:44 PM
Just started playing with this, I was level 1 and couldn't even get past the first tournament, so I decided to level up a little on Mt Gagazet and went back when I was level 10, the birds gave me a little trouble but I won and got the Psychic DS, which I love... I won a few times and then decided I would be better off leveling up and finishing chapter 1 before I went onto hard mode.

I hear you. I also got White Mage before doing any Arena stuff. Using creatures does make things significantly easier though.

black orb
04-02-2014, 01:54 AM
>>> I hate that Simurgh bird..:luca:

Karifean
04-03-2014, 08:50 PM
This game now has Behemoths selling balloons.

It is glorious.

Carl the Llama
04-04-2014, 03:35 AM
This game now has Behemoths selling balloons.

It is glorious.

lol that must be awesome!

btw something I realized is a good way to farm AP, just go > Fiend Arena > Battle Sim > Nightmare Begins (2 Bully Cap (94HP) 2 Wild Wolf (185HP)) just 1 hit them for 1AP each, rinse and repeat as needed... if you get some items that increase AP then it could be even faster ^^

Neptunia
05-08-2014, 06:52 PM
Not tried the catching and training part yet, just used the default party to get psychic dress sphere, cause Yuna is hot in that gear. going to work on it on a ng+ run. kinda just want to see the basic story line first before faffing around with all the extras.

Minwu
05-10-2014, 04:06 PM
I can't believe I have to wait until chapter 5 to get a cactuar.

I want a team of Tonberry, Chocobo & Cactuar for my arena fighting.