PDA

View Full Version : A Fin-Del Plea

Del Murder
04-02-2014, 03:49 AM
When I started this, my only goal was to bring unity and consistency to EoFF. I looked around the staff forum and saw constant bickering over the same old issues, with no one stepping up to take decisive action. I looked around the forums and saw other bickering. People stating the same opinions over and over, resolving nothing other than who has added more to their ego.

I looked to the one who symbolized this apathy at both the staff and member level. The original Bored Atheist of the World, Psychotic. I challenged him to his own venue, the Thunderdome, in order bring an end to this era. Alas, I was betrayed by the very host I hand-selected for the job.

So I rebelled. I took control of this forum and removed all the bureaucracy, pointless squabbling, and archaic thinking of the old regime. We were able to prosper, for a time. But as I failed to cut the head off of the snake, the old staff eventually returned and undid all the glory I tried to restore to EoFF.

So this is my last plea. Join with me, and Eyes on Final Fantasy will once more thrive. Under my leadership you can expect quick decisions, constant excitement, and just rewards for those who earn them. Cast these false prophets Psychotic, Shorty, and Shauna away and join with me under One Banner!

Wolf Kanno
04-02-2014, 04:07 AM
Ah Heathen Del, how you have fallen as you mocked the Old Gods and did not keep true to the Old Ways. Now the Gods have forsaken you and your time is nigh, I shall take your head first and burn your body as an effigy to the One True King. Then I shall slay Psychotic the Worm and march back into the heart of the Staff Forum and restore this Temple to its rightful place as a Final Fantasy Forum.

Shorty
04-02-2014, 04:10 AM
Okay, Murder supporters. Take your best shot. I'll even stand still and let you get the first swing.

Jiro
04-02-2014, 04:12 AM
I don't hit women.

Shorty
04-02-2014, 04:13 AM
Then you're going to have a rough time with Shauna and I double-teaming you!

The Man
04-02-2014, 04:15 AM

That sounds like it would be quite a few men's fantasy. :monster:

Shorty
04-02-2014, 04:17 AM

That sounds like it would be quite a few men's fantasy. :monster:

Not with the way we roll, pal. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdQbKLNiUSA) possibly a little graphic

The Man
04-02-2014, 04:19 AM
That's a shame, because the other kind of double-teaming could be a good way to secure people's loyalty. :monster:

Shorty
04-02-2014, 04:20 AM
The People don't need to secure loyalties. You're either with us, or against us. So, if you're with Del Murder here, you're against us.

The Man
04-02-2014, 04:22 AM
I'm with whoever will secure freedoms for the people, especially if there are cookies.

Del Murder
04-02-2014, 04:23 AM
If you are with me you are against nobody. We are all together as one Account in Del Murder's EoFF.

The Man
04-02-2014, 04:24 AM
I have to say, though, that for an evil overlord Del Murder hasn't been very imposing. There doesn't seem to have been much actual abridgements of people's freedoms. They've put in a few word filters and, what, exactly? I don't feel very threatened yet.

Shorty
04-02-2014, 04:25 AM
Do you think Europe felt threatened when Dear Adolf only began to pull his strings? Do you?

The Man
04-02-2014, 04:27 AM
I'm just saying, when people start getting banned or something then I'll think there'll be cause for alarm. A lot of people aspire to Hitler's level of megalomania but few of them have the political acumen to pull it off.

Wolf Kanno
04-02-2014, 04:28 AM
Del's power is impotent, this very thread is a testament that he's been backed into a corner.

Ayen
04-02-2014, 04:30 AM
Hey guys how's your health plan?

Take your best shot. I'll even stand still and let you get the first swing.

APPARENTLY IT'S GREAT!

http://i.imgur.com/0p2MRdM.gif

B-B-B-BETRAYAL!

Del Murder
04-02-2014, 04:30 AM
I am no megalomaniac. That is the point! But if you would like, I could ban you, The Man. My final act as a Delministrator.

Shorty
04-02-2014, 04:31 AM

APPARENTLY IT'S GREAT!

B-B-B-BETRAYAL!

I see how it is. Psychotic goes to bed, and you decide to let your true colors show. Don't worry, I'll make sure to have a punishment for you cooked up for him to execute.

Ayen
04-02-2014, 04:40 AM

APPARENTLY IT'S GREAT!

B-B-B-BETRAYAL!

I see how it is. Psychotic goes to bed, and you decide to let your true colors show. Don't worry, I'll make sure to have a punishment for you cooked up for him to execute.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxk45mCfox1r4kp5uo1_500.gif
Releasing control art restriction system to level three, level two, level one... approval of situation A recognized. Commencing the Cromwell invocation.

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130623130329/beyblade/images/d/d8/Tumblr_mhkpkoP8V21rutxrgo1_500_%281%29.gif
Ability restrictions lifted for limited use until the short one has been rendered silent.

http://u.kanobu.ru/comments/images/ed06eb96-a28b-4274-9227-eaa9182e3767.gif
SAILOR MOON IS A SUPERHERO!

The Man
04-02-2014, 04:41 AM
hay guys what's goin on in this thread :cool:

Wolf Kanno
04-02-2014, 04:42 AM
hay guys what's goin on in this thread :cool:

Mostly Chaos

Aulayna
04-02-2014, 04:44 AM
I remember when I first joined and I thought Raistlin and Shlup were married. Good times.

Calliope
04-02-2014, 04:44 AM
I don't hit women.

But I do!

Jiro
04-02-2014, 04:45 AM
ToriJ has unlocked his potential.

Also I am okay with Shauna and Shorty double teaming me. They showed they were both pretty fearsome in the wrestling thread, but I don't compromise my morals in the face of adversity :colbert:

Shorty
04-02-2014, 04:45 AM
Not seventy-two hours ago, Nicky and I were sharing fries and brussel sprouts over drinks in a bar with a golden pig for a mascot. Now she threatens me with violence!

Scotty_ffgamer
04-02-2014, 04:47 AM
While away at work, I see much has happened in my absence. I missed the initial assault on the staff forum, but I never lost faith that my friends and comrades would succeed. It seems they were successful, and this thread is a testament to that.

ToriJ, I thought you were one of us. You were the first I trusted as you had dreams which prophesied of the end, much like I did. Your betrayal stings me greatly, but it seems we have done well in postponing the end despite that. My dream spoke of two turning points of the forums though, two possible moments where the forums will fall and the world will burn. Should the second time come, I know not to look to you ToriJ, my once friend.

As this journey ends, I think I shall compile a brief history of this Civil War of April 1st so that this legend and the warnings it holds can survive for future generations. Hopefully some can join me in filling in blanks for I missed some of the most crucial moments.

May we quickly end the bloodshed that existed on this day. Del will soon fall, and the people will finally stand in freedom.

Calliope
04-02-2014, 04:48 AM
The frick!!! Sarah has her title back and I never made it onto the "site leaders" page, unlike all the other Del's Knights. This is bollocks!

I'm going to pour myself a drink and then mentally rain brussels sprouts on Ms Cobb :(

Ayen
04-02-2014, 04:56 AM
ToriJ, I thought you were one of us. You were the first I trusted as you had dreams which prophesied of the end, much like I did. Your betrayal stings me greatly, but it seems we have done well in postponing the end despite that. My dream spoke of two turning points of the forums though, two possible moments where the forums will fall and the world will burn. Should the second time come, I know not to look to you ToriJ, my once friend.

Scotty, you fool. Del and his knights never once threatened the forum with violence. Trolling at best, but never violence. It was the remnants of a fallen empire that began all the bloodshed and we were both fooled! I myself have seen a dark side of me I never thought existed. I betrayed my beliefs because of an avatar! No longer!

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbl2m3BxYB1rc4zmso1_500.gif

Let's end this.

Del Murder
04-02-2014, 04:59 AM
The frick!!! Sarah has her title back and I never made it onto the "site leaders" page, unlike all the other Del's Knights. This is bollocks!

I'm going to pour myself a drink and then mentally rain brussels sprouts on Ms Cobb :(
Here's one better:

Aulayna
04-02-2014, 05:02 AM
If there's one thing I'm going to take away from this thread it's:

We really need to bring the RP forum back.

Jiro
04-02-2014, 05:04 AM
this is true

Sephex
04-02-2014, 05:05 AM
Well, that was certainly an interesting day.

Ayen
04-02-2014, 05:09 AM
We had an RP forum? Where the hell was I during that?

Jiro
04-02-2014, 05:20 AM
You weren't here yet, I'm afraid.

Pumpkin
04-02-2014, 05:21 AM
What's an RP forum?

Ayen
04-02-2014, 05:23 AM
What's an RP forum?

A type of fish.

Madame Adequate
04-02-2014, 05:28 AM

Harsh, and yet, as it's Moonflower, incredibly lenient.

Scotty_ffgamer
04-02-2014, 05:45 AM

Scotty, you fool. Del and his knights never once threatened the forum with violence. Trolling at best, but never violence. It was the remnants of a fallen empire that began all the bloodshed and we were both fooled! I myself have seen a dark side of me I never thought existed. I betrayed my beliefs because of an avatar! No longer!

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbl2m3BxYB1rc4zmso1_500.gif

Let's end this.

There are so many threads that I am unsure of the claims that he never threatened with violence. I believe you there for the most part, but I think there were questionable things said in this staff forum before its breach. He worked quickly from the shadows, claiming power when the forum was at a brief moment of weakness from the Thunderdome. But even before his true colors had shown there, I had questioned his motives. He avoided bloodshed, yet he stripped away our freedoms, stole our identity. He was trying to take away all means of us fighting back before we could stand up to him.

Sure, we feared the end of the world. We knew it was coming. Yes, it looked as if the world was coming tumbling down around us as we worked to bring down Del. He gave a false sense of security and order in the form of uniformity and enslavement. We had to destroy his order and thus make it seem as if we were ending the world ourselves before we could stop the true end that would come from his rule. We destroyed so we could rebuild with the will of the people. Consider these words as you consider your great betrayal.

Jiro
04-02-2014, 06:13 AM
But Scotty, you don't realise, Del was trying to prevent the oncoming storm, not cause it!

Ayen
04-02-2014, 06:24 AM
Eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/d11991912943984a97ee49cd8014f31d/tumblr_mk8ff7ypO81s7cc6ro1_500.gif

A betrayal for a betrayal. Balance has been restored.

Miriel
04-02-2014, 06:45 AM
I'm always with you Del Murder. 4 eva!

Del Murder
04-02-2014, 06:54 AM
But Scotty, you don't realise, Del was trying to prevent the oncoming storm, not cause it!
It's over, buddy. Thanks for fighting the good fight. The battle may be lost, but the war is far from over.

I must go for a time, as greater challenges await. Thanks to all of my Delministrators, Del's Knights, and Edeltors for spreading the Word of the One True Path. Remember: As long as there are newbies to enforce, pranks to pull, and fantasy sports leagues to win, a little bit of Del Murder will live inside all of us.

Fonzie
04-02-2014, 06:57 AM
It's like Game of Thrones in here and it's wonderful. :jess:

Miriel
04-02-2014, 07:01 AM
It's over, buddy. Thanks for fighting the good fight. The battle may be lost, but the war is far from over.

I must go for a time, as greater challenges await. Thanks to all of my Delministrators, Del's Knights, and Edeltors for spreading the Word of the One True Path. Remember: As long as there are newbies to enforce, pranks to pull, and fantasy sports leagues to win, a little bit of Del Murder will live inside all of us.

Let's ride off into the sunset my love. http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs41/f/2009/011/2/3/Sunset_by_elicoronel16.gif

Fonzie
04-02-2014, 07:03 AM
Wait, I'm confused.

Are you two dying or something? :(

Ayen
04-02-2014, 07:04 AM
Wait, I'm confused.

Are you two dying or something? :(

Don't worry, they'll be back in three days.

Jiro
04-02-2014, 07:06 AM
Death, birth, it's all the same.

Crop
04-02-2014, 07:15 AM

They shot Del on the causeway. He's dead.

Del Murder
04-02-2014, 07:17 AM
Yeah, that's a pretty fitting note to end on.

Psychotic
04-02-2014, 07:20 AM
Ten years.

It's a really long time.

What were you doing ten years ago? That's not rhetorical. Genuinely think about it. Me? I was here, leading a rebellion against the elite under the banner of a walrus. Funny how we always seem to come back around to where we started. Forgive me for indulging in some nostalgia here, I know full well that it's not great to hear about events of EoFF's past that you didn't get to experience. If nothing else, you participated in one of the all time greats today and you can tell this story in 2024 if you want.

I remember when Del got knighted. I don't need to look this up, I remember. I wasn't quite sure who he was, although I knew who he was more than I knew who Yamaneko, another person who was knighted in that batch was. I was more excited for my friend Xander being knighted with them. Indeed, I was fascinated by the whole thing - I was 16 at the time, folks, cut me some slack - and asked questions like "Who did the formal asking to become a Knight?" (Shlup, if you're wondering, though she's a story for another day) were like apples from the forbidden tree of knowledge. Ahhh, me.

Ten years. In that time EoFF stalwarts like Leeza, Kawaii Ryuukishi and RSL, people you thought would be on staff forever and until the end of time, members who you couldn't picture EoFF and the staff without, names that to some of you will mean nothing, he's seen them leave. He's seen newbies register, become popular posting superstars, get Knighted and leave. Just think of the careers he's outlasted - eestlinc, rubah, Levian, Rye, Jessweeee, Jiro, G13, Wolf Kanno, Vivi. All the rises and all the falls. It's hard to see, sometimes. Hard not to wallow in the nostalgia of making new friends and colleagues and then seeing them leave, and have to start all over again, to make friends with the new people and not compare them to your old friends. He did it, though. He still does. It's funny, for all his talk of his elitism - well, look at the mixture of people who joined the Del-ministration. A man who is truly not pro-elite whichever way you want to paint it.

What events we've seen. Twenty Ciddies. Second account mysteries, spammers, the fall of EotW, the fall of the RP forum, the rise of Quina's Kitchen, trolls, second account mysteries, four different owners, Square Enix finally acknowledging us and oh lord so much. And so there he stood, in the midst of it all. Calm and collected. Leading the way. The stalwart. Now he is the legend, the man you cannot think to see EoFF without. How many of you have joined in those past ten years? EoFF without Del Murder on staff? Get out of here.

The one thing I think I've learned in my time at EoFF is that nothing lasts forever. That doesn't mean everything will end at the same time, green shoots will emerge the next day. The Era of the Four Admins is truly over. I think an old man is going to have a well-earned rest after what must seem like a very, very long day.

The problem with being on staff for ten years is that you make a lot of enemies. A lot. And sometimes they ragequit, at other times they hold grudges, and sometimes they wait almost ten years for vengeance. (http://home.eyesonff.com/general-chat/51329-i-h8-u-super-delete-u-riun-all-my-threads.html)

She has come for you at last.