PDA

View Full Version : Two more for the EoFF Retirement Home

Loony BoB
04-02-2014, 01:58 PM
Del Murder was an admin elsewhere before he was an admin here. This is because, at my beloved Aiyon forums, I wanted to admin the one person I felt most right for the role that wasn't already an admin elsewhere. Someone with the right temperment, wit and a responsible nature. I also had the intention of giving him the admin experience I felt would benefit him for a future role as admin at EoFF. From those days to these ones, I feel little has changed in this. Even if he and I have often differed on some things, we agreed on far more important things (like name change policy).

I genuinely hoped that his talk of retiring on April Fools Day was actually going to lead to him saying "April Fools! I'm staying!" all along, and part of me is still holding out that because I've made that clear on regular occasions, he's just waiting a few more days to do so... it wouldn't be the first time a prank has gone beyond 1st April.

But, sadly, as far as I can tell this seems to be his legit decision. Apparently taking care of babies is some big deal worthy of all his time. Apparently that's more important than EoFF. Apparently he doesn't appreciate this place enough. Apparently my messages expressing hope that he stays, my private staff snuggles and my inevitable abuse of power are not reasons for him to stick around to help Psy keep me in check. Apparently, despite my loving nature, I should "stop calling him". Apparently he's already moved on. With this said, I hope that you can all join me in expressing how much you want to have Del Murder's babies. I am confident that while he may express his uncomfort at the idea of smurfing you all, he will secretly want to stick around just that little bit longer.

Murd's a great guy and I have on many occasions found him to be the calm persona both staff and myself need to have around. He offers good counsel to myself when it's requested or he feels it's required (either way it's always welcome). He also offered a good sense of direction for all of staff. He would even get himself involved with site discussions and try to help them as well as the forums staff, without crossing any lines. In short, he simply cared about EoFF. I hope someday I get to meet him in person, even if he has to hold up a picture of a poorly drawn smiley face over his actual face so that I don't actually find out what he looks like. I hope Miriel has created little tiny smiley faces for the babies! Anyway, I am fairly sure that I speak for the staff as a whole when I say that we'll miss him in the staff forum and that we wish he and Hannah all the best with their newly crafted minions.

While I'm at it: Shlup was an admin here before she was an admin here, and that was not my doing at all. But she's apparently somewhat shy and wants a low key departure, so I'll leave it at this: She's lovelier than the vast majority of you will ever know, and that's a shame. I look forward to hanging out with her again someday, and will make a concerted effort to do so eventually.

Shoeberto
04-02-2014, 02:17 PM
#breakdownofstaffprotocol

#thisishowwetalkin2014

Ayen
04-02-2014, 02:35 PM
Del, I betrayed Psychotic for you and this is how you repay me? I was going to name the first child Matthew, the second child Mulan, third child Charlie and the fourth child Lt. Smurf. But no, you have shattered that dream. *cries*

Seriously though, I know we haven't talked much but I've grown used to seeing you with an admin rank and it's going to be weird seeing you without it. Good luck with the children, and Shlup...

:squeeze:

Madonna
04-02-2014, 03:26 PM
Shlup was my favoritest admin ever, and we risk now the loss of Fluffy Puff. I can hardly breathe.

Del Murder, I know you got plates and they are heaped with stuff. I know too Shlup was juggling mommyhood while being an awesome admin; why could you not have emulated her (we should all strive to be a little Shlup inside)?!

Changes are crazy and exciting things, but at least stepping down does not mean they are going anywhere...right?

The Summoner of Leviathan
04-02-2014, 03:48 PM
Though I did not know either personally, I will miss seeing them around! Good luck with everything guys~

Jiro
04-02-2014, 04:01 PM
Del Murder did right by me when I needed it. I'll always appreciate that he listened.

But they ain't dead so none of this sombre bullshit. Enjoy parenthood for a while, folks. :cheers:

Nicolas
04-02-2014, 04:05 PM
It's a shame to see them leave here, but congratulations on their new adventures. It was fun.

Del Murder
04-02-2014, 04:30 PM
Yeah I'm not dead or anything. This should be more of a party than a funeral.

Nicolas
04-02-2014, 04:48 PM

Oh, we'll see about that.

ಠ_ಠ

Loony BoB
04-02-2014, 04:57 PM
All I can think of now is...
75EBfJj9G3E
First 40 seconds: Relevant. But go on, keep watching after that anyway because TENG.

Pumpkin
04-02-2014, 05:27 PM
I wish you all the best with you lives :jess:!!

Shorty
04-02-2014, 05:46 PM
They'll be back. Staff can't function without a Godfather and Shlup likes us too much.

Flying Mullet
04-02-2014, 05:57 PM
:cheers:

Wolf Kanno
04-02-2014, 07:15 PM
For Shlup
SaIj_OFFjag

For Del
I7Vu6NxehcM

Carl the Llama
04-02-2014, 08:03 PM
Del AND Shlup both leaving? Really sad to see you go guys, hope you still post and stuff, sorry to see you go :/

Rantz
04-02-2014, 10:05 PM
Thanks for your ridiculously long service, you guys. It's been a lark.

Shauna
04-02-2014, 10:13 PM
Thanks for all you've done around the site. :} EoFF wouldn't be what it is today without you guys! :3 Time to celebrate the next step in your lives!

Jessweeee♪
04-02-2014, 10:26 PM
I wish you both and your families the best. I hope you'll still pop around from time to time c:

Crop
04-02-2014, 10:27 PM
Congrats to all the winners.

Parker
04-02-2014, 10:34 PM
thank you for not banning me when i started reporting posts with pics of iceglow's face i will miss you

Jiro
04-03-2014, 01:39 AM
thank you for not banning me when i started reporting posts with pics of iceglow's face i will miss you

that's brilliant

Raistlin
04-03-2014, 02:41 AM
Excellent, now all I have to do is finally get rid of Loony BoB and then we can finally have The Pimp smiley! http://www.thegamersalliance.net/forums/images/smilies/pimp.gif

In all seriousness, both of you will be sorely missed as EoFF staff members. At least, Shlup will be missed until she wants to yell at someone in EoEO and can't resist being a nosy little gossip. Again.

As for Del, EoFF would not have been nearly the same this past decade without you. I look forward to your kids joining EoFF and then teaming up with them to finally prank you.

The Man
04-03-2014, 02:55 AM
take care you two :monster:

Shorty
04-03-2014, 03:08 AM
As for Del, EoFF would not have been nearly the same this past decade without you. I look forward to your kids joining EoFF and then teaming up with them to finally prank you.

Uncle Raistlin? :stare:

Jiro
04-03-2014, 03:21 AM
I imagine the kids will be pranksters long before they can say his name right. Uncky Raisin.

Calliope
04-03-2014, 04:17 AM
I don't remember when either of you became staff members, but I suppose I naively thought you would stick around forever! Now this place seems weird, thanks a lot :crying2:

I hope you keep us up-to-date on how things are going, and feel free to come see how it is without any power to wield other than your fabulous wits. This place is important to a lot of people - so thanks Mandee and Tony for helping to keep it a great place, and being willing to let go when you need to.

Sephex
04-03-2014, 04:58 AM
Kind of wish this was the real April Fool's. Thanks for putting up with me in my more hypersensitive days (though I am sure compared to others posters I was but a blip in the radar). Don't want to be all negative here so....

Thanks for being mods for a all around cool forum! Good luck with your real life responsibilities! Don't be a stranger! OTHER GOOD VIBES!!! YEAH!!!!!

Azure Chrysanthemum
04-03-2014, 05:15 AM
Wow I had no idea Shlup and Del were still fighting the good fight. That dedication is definitely admirable.

These are the things that Facebook groups do for you I guess. And Del, good luck with the babies!

Ayen
04-03-2014, 05:16 AM
This should be more of a party than a funeral.

It's a party, all right. With kids you'll be up all night and sleeping in 8D

Leeza
04-03-2014, 06:31 AM
Babies?! Congratulations, Del. :) Best reason of all for retirement. Enjoy every minute with them. They really do grow up fast.

Happy retirement Del and Shlup. It will be kind of sad to not see your Admin titles anymore though. I sort of took it for granted that the two of you would always be here. :cat:

Yamaneko
04-03-2014, 06:50 AM
I would like to thank both of you for helping me run the site. You will be sorely missed by someone, I'm sure.

Fonzie
04-03-2014, 07:04 AM
Amanda. Can I post that picture, just one more time.

In remembrance? :colbert:

Cid
04-03-2014, 07:15 AM
Happy retirement to you both. You guys have always been a huge part of the foundation of this place.

I'd say more, but currently on a trip with 40 kids in Florence, Italy.

Much love to you both.

theundeadhero
04-03-2014, 07:37 AM
When I first joined the site Del was just a regular member, not even CK yet. Then between basic training and living in Korea I had limited internet for a year and a half and my account was pruned. Three times. Finally I moved back to America and registered for the last time (with this account :shifty:). Mr Murder was one name on a very short list of people I remembered from when I was new. When I brought up the prunings in order to get my custom title back instead of having to wait eight months again Del was the only one who cared enough to say hey guys lets make this happen for him. Thanks for that. It was the first of many reasons you were one of my favorites.

Shlupquack (yes, that will always be her name) always had a more relaxed attitude that wasn't afraid to bend the rules a little but for fun. I always enjoyed that. It reminded people not to take everything so seriously around here. I'' never forget the pink cow :fpcow: :(

Shlup
04-03-2014, 10:09 AM
We're not leaving; we just don't have to put up with your stupid name changes anymore. Thanks, though, everyone. I thought we'd be around forever too, but Daniel owns the site now, and I think he needs more freshness and enthusiasm than my old hag self can offer. For the good of the realm! I already miss being able to read rep comments though, grr.

Ayen
04-03-2014, 10:54 AM
I already miss being able to read rep comments though, grr.

What?

Spies, the lot of you. :shifty:

Scotty_ffgamer
04-03-2014, 01:33 PM
Both of you were people I highly respected the moment I joined these forums, not that I know either of you well at all. I was sad at first when this thread was both made, but it isn't really a goodbye since you both are sticking around. Thanks for everything you both have done as staff.

Baloki
04-03-2014, 08:20 PM
If they've retired doesn't that mean they'll just idle in #eoff all the time? You know, and play shuffleboard?

Was always a good laugh with you both around :D!

Still, BAoTW forever!

Nicolas
04-03-2014, 08:52 PM
If they've retired doesn't that mean they'll just idle in #eoff all the time? You know, and play shuffleboard?

Was always a good laugh with you both around :D!

Still, BAoTW forever!

Oi. Oi. We're not there to take care of your old carc - I mean... elderly citizens until they mature into fertilizer.

EDIT: Found out we don't have shuffleboard either. Though we do hold Bingo on Thursdays.

Del Murder
04-03-2014, 08:55 PM
I'd say more, but currently on a trip with 40 kids in Florence, Italy.
Good to see Sean still rocking it like a boss.

Thanks from the rest of you as well!

Quina
04-03-2014, 08:58 PM
Congratulations Loony Bob on your retirement.

Freya
04-03-2014, 09:04 PM
I miss you guys already :(

Dr Unne
04-03-2014, 09:10 PM
It's nice that EoFF still exists after almost 15 years. Del and Shlup had a large part in helping it continue to exist. So thanks for that.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
04-04-2014, 12:39 AM
I feel old.

I think he needs more freshness and enthusiasm than my old hag self can offer.

You're not a hag you're the best okay :colbert:

Shlup
04-04-2014, 12:47 PM
You are old. Also sweet.

I am not used to the lack of buttons and drop-down menus.

Ayen
04-04-2014, 01:09 PM
Welcome to peasant life, Your Grace.

Shlup
04-05-2014, 01:51 AM
http://i.imgur.com/RSS8WZv.jpg

WTF is this bullshit??

Shorty
04-05-2014, 02:08 AM
Have you... never received that message before now?

Yamaneko
04-05-2014, 02:11 AM

WTF is this bulltrout??

pwned bitch lol

Dr Unne
04-05-2014, 02:39 AM
Sucks to be you guys.

I'll be relaxing in the Staff VIP Lounge if anyone needs me.

Shlup
04-05-2014, 03:24 AM
Have you... never received that message before now?
I've been an admin for something like 1/3 of my life. What do you think?

Shorty
04-05-2014, 03:25 AM
I didn't know admins were that special. I get them as a CK!

Big D
04-05-2014, 03:53 AM
Many thanks to these fine folk for their years of service. Shlup's been a mainstay of the staff since well before I even joined, over 11 years ago, so it'll be odd to have her not calling the shots in some way.

DMKA
04-05-2014, 04:21 AM
Two prominent admins who have been here since before I showed up 11 years ago disappear on the same day?

*insert sinking ship conspiracy theories*

Ayen
04-05-2014, 05:41 AM

WTF is this bulltrout??

Damn! I said "Welcome to peasant life" too soon.

black orb
04-05-2014, 05:57 AM
>>> Being an admin must be difficult. Congrats on your retirement you are free at last!..:luca:

Leeza
04-05-2014, 05:16 PM
We're not leaving; we just don't have to put up with your stupid name changes anymore.

Once you don't have staff responsibilities bringing you back every day, it doesn't take long before real life responsibilities take over your time and then little by little you show up here a lot less often, and then even less often, and then only when some other staff member emails you to come and post for some special occasion, and then you stick around for a bit because you miss the place because it's so awesome, and then again you start to fall back to your real life responsibilities, and then the cycle repeats. :cat:

Edit: What happened to the Former Staff rank?

Del Murder
04-05-2014, 06:10 PM
RM is a far superior rank so we just use that now.

Yamaneko
04-05-2014, 06:20 PM
One does not deserve a rank after they been sacked in disgrace for transgressions we will not speak of. Needless to say, the parties involved know what I'm talking about. She is fortunate enough to still be part of this community, but it simply would not be tolerated keeping her on in a position of authority. That's why I chuckle to myself about the family narrative and not having enough time. It's typical under the regime of Loony BoB to attempt and sweep scandal under the rug.

Absolutely horrific stuff going on here. I hardly recognize the tranquil serenity I left this place with five years ago.

Madonna
04-05-2014, 06:38 PM
We're not leaving; we just don't have to put up with your stupid name changes anymore.

Once you don't have staff responsibilities bringing you back every day, it doesn't take long before real life responsibilities take over your time and then little by little you show up here a lot less often, and then even less often, and then only when some other staff member emails you to come and post for some special occasion, and then you stick around for a bit because you miss the place because it's so awesome, and then again you start to fall back to your real life responsibilities, and then the cycle repeats. :cat:

Edit: What happened to the Former Staff rank?
I do not know how non-staff members can continue coming back day after day.

krissy
04-05-2014, 07:04 PM
i am personally avoiding real life responsibilities

Leeza
04-05-2014, 07:04 PM
I do not know how non-staff members can continue coming back day after day.

It's true that after having authority for years and years it is difficult to log in and then not be able to do the same things in here that you normally did. No more snipping, no more checking IPs for double accounts, no more parties in the Staff Forum, the list goes on and on. All you can really do is post and that does get a bit boring after having so many other things to do in here for so many years. However, EoFF has always had a superior group of members that are worth coming back for, and there is always FF, the reason we all came here in the first place. :cat:

I agree that RM is a much better rank, and the colour goes well with Hello Pika so I'm happy. :) :cat:

theundeadhero
04-06-2014, 01:10 AM
Leeza is pretty much right about everything, except RM being superior. But, double titles being so frowned upon here, I don't really care which one it is placed on me.

Shlup
04-06-2014, 07:46 AM
Real life responsibility will be the death of us all. Except BoB; he'll let the kids starve, I'm sure.

Jiro
04-06-2014, 02:53 PM
I didn't know admins were that special. I get them as a CK!

Wow, been nerfed. That sucks. Mass bulk posts were my fave.

Loony BoB
04-06-2014, 05:20 PM
Real life responsibility will be the death of us all. Except BoB; he'll let the kids starve, I'm sure.
Bah, they'll figure out where the cat gets fed eventually.

Ayen
04-06-2014, 05:31 PM
What are real life responsibilities? Can I eat them?

Mikztsu
04-07-2014, 11:14 PM
Take a seat and enjoy you two. :)

Ayen
04-07-2014, 11:42 PM
Ha, Del Murder was the only one who could ever keep me in line. With him gone, I will begin my new reign of terror! :mwahaha:

This goes together with the quote in your sig perfectly.

Marshall Banana
04-09-2014, 08:38 AM
I thought of this. XD
Seems relevant to me.

gNcIAC30mWI

Del Murder
04-09-2014, 08:52 AM
Can I be blue Yoshi?

Citizen Bleys
04-11-2014, 06:27 PM
Welcome home.

Shlup
04-12-2014, 12:32 AM
I find that I am able to stop my booty from grooving.

Renmiri
04-21-2014, 11:06 PM
Nuuuu, the only sane member of the admin team is retiring ? And Schlup, the only one who could keep Raistlin in line ?

I'll miss you both, and welcome to the Former Staff group.. oh wait it's gone too.. Ah well, grab a beer and an easy chair and let us old timers wave our canes at those crazy younglings ;)

Shiny
04-24-2014, 04:40 PM
Ha, Del Murder was the only one who could ever keep me in line. With him gone, I will begin my new reign of terror! :mwahaha:

All you need is your medication and you'll be good.

Dat Matt
04-24-2014, 05:54 PM

I should return the coffin then.

escobert
04-25-2014, 04:55 AM
Does this mean you're going to finally let me on staff and I can go on a wonderful banning spree!? :D

Christmas
03-31-2022, 06:42 AM
Guess retirement doesn't suits him that he decided to buy the place over.

DK
03-31-2022, 07:00 AM
I tried to find the Aiyon forums two days ago and was saddened to find they no longer exist. I was genuinely considering resuming posting full time over there.

https://p.imgci.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/7600/7676.jpg

WASIM AKRAM!!

Loony BoB
03-31-2022, 11:54 AM
Guess retirement doesn't suits him that he decided to buy the place over.
I am happy to say it didn't cost Murd a thing to get ownership of the site. The ongoing monthly support costs are the real expense for EoFF now.

Dan, I still have the database for the old Aiyon forums, but sadly it was causing Samuraid security issues as the forum software was getting compromised regularly so we had to remove them from the site. :( I've since moved to my own hosting situation for aiyon.com but I'd probably have to buy a vB licence or something to get it up and running again. RIP.

Christmas
03-31-2022, 11:55 AM
Wow, guess who decided to visit and post more frequently now! :bigsmile:

Loony BoB
03-31-2022, 11:58 AM
When you come back and splurge the threads then there is more to reply to, so more reason to check ;) Activity breeds activity!

Christmas
03-31-2022, 12:00 PM
Anyone can do this but no one wanted. So i have to be the clown to entertain and motivates you old men. :mymelbert:

Loony BoB
03-31-2022, 12:07 PM
EoFF remains on the left side of my favourites bar, so I check into the place kinda often-ish whenever I'm idle. I do admit I stopped checking threads in the older game forums quite a while ago though. I tend to stop by to see if there's anything happening in Gen Chat, Lifestream, Gen Gaming, etc.

And of course if a new FF comes out then I'll be playing and talking about it =]

DK
03-31-2022, 04:44 PM
Dan, I still have the database for the old Aiyon forums, but sadly it was causing Samuraid security issues as the forum software was getting compromised regularly so we had to remove them from the site. :( I've since moved to my own hosting situation for aiyon.com but I'd probably have to buy a vB licence or something to get it up and running again. RIP.

sadness

mind you why not whack a phpBB up on there