PDA

View Full Version : April Movie Releases

Ayen
04-03-2014, 01:06 PM
Is there anything coming to theater this month below you plan to see?

1st: The Pirate Fairy

4th: Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Under the Skin

11th: Draft Day
Hateship, Loveship
Oculus
Rio 2

18th: A Haunted House 2
Bears
Fading Gigolo
Heaven Is for Real
Make Your Move 3D
Transcendence

25th: Brick Mansions
The Other Woman
The Quiet Ones

So far the only one I want to see is Captain America. I love Karen Gillan and Johnny Depp but neither one is enough to make me want to see the movie they have coming out. Speaking of Captain America, I still need to sit my ass down and watch the first one.

Jinx
04-03-2014, 01:32 PM
I want to get high, go to Heaven is For Real, and make incredibly obnoxious comments and laugh at the movie.

Shorty
04-03-2014, 03:08 PM
Bears!

Shiny
04-04-2014, 07:58 AM
I saw Under the Skin. It wasn't that good. I haven't read the book, but I have an inkling that it could be ten times better on sheer fact that it has a lot more detail and backstory. It was interesting listening to the Q&A from the director of the film about how the original film would have been more expensive, but included more backstory about the main female antagonist and the main male antagonist who was only seen a short bit for the film and really didn't make sense. The film did at least have really good sound design. Nothing in April I really want to see except for what I Under the Skin and Captain America, which I'll be seeing on Saturday.

Ayen
04-04-2014, 01:15 PM
I want to get high, go to Heaven is For Real, and make incredibly obnoxious comments and laugh at the movie.

Bears!

I got to see trailers for both movies when I went to see Noah. Bears look like it's going to be good. Jinx, I wish to join you. I'd need some drugs to sit through that movie because watching the trailer was painful enough. I was ready for the flood to come and wash away all life on Earth.

Big D
04-05-2014, 04:03 AM
The Winter Solider is the only one I've seen, and intend to see, out of this month's releases. Good film - solid action, engaging characters, believeable dialogue and wit. Also, a clever Pulp Fiction reference which I won't spoil here, but had me IRL LOLing in the cinema.

Just remember to stay for the eleventy post-credits scenes.

But most importantly, this film recognises the importance and majesty of Tim Tams, for which is deserves to be praised with great praising.

Then there's also the ground-breaking, unprecedented scene where a defibrillator is used properly for the first time in cinematic history: to treat someone whose heart is fibrillating rather than stopped. It's as though they actually paid attention to their scientific advisor or something.

Shorty
04-05-2014, 04:04 AM
I've heard Winter Soldier is better than The Avengers. Yes, no?

Big D
04-05-2014, 04:20 AM
Your mileage may vary. Some people seem to like it just as much - my fiancee enjoyed it *more*, 'cause she truly loathes Joss Whedon's directorial style. Others have been more critical. The pacing's slower, which I personally like, but the action set-pieces are big and frequent enough that the story never drags or becomes boring.

I think some US audiences are unhappy with it for the same reason they grumbled about Iron Man 3 - because some of the threat comes from within, i.e. from powerful Americans, rather than the traditional evil aliens or dirty foreigners. But if you don't mind a film that isn't 100% flag-waving jingoism, then that shouldn't hinder your enjoyment at all.

DMKA
04-05-2014, 04:25 AM
I just got back from Captain America: The Winter Soldier. It was pretty fantastic, 110% better than The First Avenger.

Ayen
04-05-2014, 05:40 AM
The Winter Solider is the only one I've seen, and intend to see, out of this month's releases. Good film - solid action, engaging characters, believeable dialogue and wit. Also, a clever Pulp Fiction reference which I won't spoil here, but had me IRL LOLing in the cinema.

Just remember to stay for the eleventy post-credits scenes.

But most importantly, this film recognises the importance and majesty of Tim Tams, for which is deserves to be praised with great praising.

Then there's also the ground-breaking, unprecedented scene where a defibrillator is used properly for the first time in cinematic history: to treat someone whose heart is fibrillating rather than stopped. It's as though they actually paid attention to their scientific advisor or something.

This excites me. I still need to sit down and watch the first movie before seeing this at the cinema.

Crop
04-05-2014, 05:05 PM
I loved The Winter Soldier. It pleases me that they made a good Captain America movie because he is my favourite Avenger.

Noctis Caelum
04-05-2014, 05:39 PM
Not that that's saying much. The Avengers was terrible.

In my biased opinion.

Shorty
04-05-2014, 05:47 PM

In my biased opinion.

This is a place of welcoming, and you should just get the hell out.

Noctis Caelum
04-05-2014, 06:30 PM

In my biased opinion.

This is a place of welcoming, and you should just get the hell out.
I like how you contradict your own post. But why should I get out? Because I have an opinion that differs from yours? I thought that was the whole point of forums, to discuss differing opinions on varying subjects. Or are we all supposed to enjoy the same things?

I can't even imagine telling someone to "get out" because they don't feel the same way about something I do. What childish nonsense.

Shorty
04-05-2014, 06:31 PM
It was a joke, that's why the contradiction was so obvious :(

It's also an Office quote :(

Noctis Caelum
04-05-2014, 06:35 PM
Ah, sorry. My sarcasm detector is shotty today it seems. I also don't watch the Office. D:

Shorty
04-05-2014, 06:36 PM
Then my statement stands and you should get the hell out. :colbert:

Ayen
04-05-2014, 08:13 PM
Don't feel too bad Noctis, my sarcasm detector has been broken for a good number of years now.

Ayen
04-07-2014, 11:50 PM
It's official. I'm seeing Captain America Winter Soldier tomorrow!

Depression Moon
04-08-2014, 11:33 AM
It's a really great movie. I loved it. It's better than Avengers in my opinion and is on the same level with the first Iron Man.

Ayen
04-08-2014, 12:31 PM
I get the feeling you guys didn't like Avengers as much as I did.

Jiro
04-08-2014, 12:32 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Captain America and Transcendence. I have to see Noah because wtf (also Emma Watson is a babe and I am a big fan of Rusty).

Scotty_ffgamer
04-08-2014, 04:25 PM

I liked Avengers a lot, but I think Winter Soldier is a much better film.

Ayen
04-08-2014, 05:14 PM

If I had a tail it'd be wagging in excitement.

Big D
04-09-2014, 05:38 AM
I have to see Noah because wtf (also Emma Watson is a babe and I am a big fan of Rusty).Apparently Noah includes rock monsters and a laval angel. I also hear it's a damn fine comedy, offering non-stop (albeit unintentional) laughs.

Shiny
04-09-2014, 10:15 AM

I'd actually have to agree with that, but I feel bias because part of my enjoyability of the film was because of a large black man that kept doing a Lil Jon impression every time something crazy happened (which was a lot).

Something like WHAT WH-WWWHAT?!

It was definitely better than the first, which I thought was terrible and rushed. I look forward to seeing what they do with the third film.

Jiro
04-09-2014, 10:23 AM
I have to see Noah because wtf (also Emma Watson is a babe and I am a big fan of Rusty).Apparently Noah includes rock monsters and a laval angel. I also hear it's a damn fine comedy, offering non-stop (albeit unintentional) laughs.

Now I am super pumped.

Big D
04-09-2014, 10:49 AM
Crap, I meant to say "lava angel" rather than "laval angel".
As in, an actual giant angel made of actual flaming lava. Supposedly, it's a guardian sent by God to smite to all the unworthy animals and people who try to get onto the ark at the last minute. Sort of like a fiery reversal of the Ents storming Isengard in The Two Towers.

The rock monsters, on the other hand, are basically God's spies on Earth. It seems that Noah's version of the almighty isn't quite as omnipresent as his literary countrpart, so he has an army of eyes-and-ears who keep track of what's going on down here, and those eyes-and-ears just happen to be a rejected concept from Star Trek V.

The more I hear about it, the more I think I'll actually rent this film sometime. Could make a wonderful drinking game.

Ayen
04-09-2014, 05:03 PM
I don't remember any lava angels when I was watching the movie. The angels were stone golems made that way because they went to Earth to help mankind after the Fall disobeying the creator and being punished accordingly. Then man hunted them, Noah's grandfather saved them and they sought refuge and helped Noah later to build the Ark to redeem themselves in the eyes of the creator and get back into heaven.