PDA

View Full Version : It's spring and I hate it

Freya
04-03-2014, 04:15 PM
The trees are BREEDING. Their pollen is everywhere. We're already getting tornado warnings.

I like the temperature though.

But the trees are breeding D: my nose is dying.

I'm dying guys.

Do you like spring?

Scotty_ffgamer
04-03-2014, 04:22 PM
I like the temperature, but I hate all the tornado warnings and such that crop up. I've had a worse time of allergies too in recent years.

Ayen
04-03-2014, 04:23 PM
Spring is the greatest time of year and needs to be longer.

Tornado sirens going off? Time for ice cream! (Seriously, one time when the warning sirens were going off my dad just sat down on the couch with a bowl of ice cream like nothing was going on).

Shorty
04-03-2014, 04:23 PM
Oh man, I forget that there are people in the world who suffer from allergies. My condolences to you. When I lived in Arizona, the plants there began affecting me and I developed allergies when I never had them before! I've been fine since I've left, though.

I like spring! Although I have to say that I don't think I was prepared for how quickly the temperature has begun to rise. I very much like that the sun is up now until a normal hour. It restores so much of my energy.

Freya
04-03-2014, 04:25 PM
The sun coming up earlier does make me feel like I'm not wasting my life at work. That is a plus.

Sephiroth
04-03-2014, 04:35 PM
The trees are BREEDING. Their pollen is everywhere. We're already getting tornado warnings.

Beware the Pollen Tornado.

Butterfree! I choose you!

Scotty_ffgamer
04-03-2014, 04:35 PM
I don't mind the tornado sirens and the kind of cool weather when I'm not living with my parents, but it's kind of annoying how crazy my mom gets during tornado watches/warnings/any hint of bad weather.

Freya
04-03-2014, 04:37 PM
I actually love tornadoes and bad weather. Its so cooool. But pollen. Pollen I can do without.

Shorty
04-03-2014, 04:49 PM
Things no sane person says:

I actually love tornadoes and bad weather.

Pike
04-03-2014, 04:50 PM
Spring does not exist in Montana. It goes from winter right into summer.

It's still winter right now. Snow and ice and all that. I give it about a month until summer hits.

Ayen
04-03-2014, 05:11 PM
It goes from winter right into summer.

Sounds like Kansas last year.

Loony BoB
04-03-2014, 05:38 PM
I really love it when the cherry blossoms kick in as we have loads of cherry trees up and down our street. The whole part opposite our flat turns pink, it's beautiful. :) Occasionally when the traffic and wind is just right a bus can go down our road and create a tornado (sometimes a horizontal one, don't know what you call that) of petals!

Shauna
04-03-2014, 05:58 PM
Is it spring though...? *looks at dark and dreary looking skies*

Pumpkin
04-03-2014, 06:23 PM
The south doesn't get spring. The south gets summer. All of the time. :|

CimminyCricket
04-03-2014, 06:27 PM
There's snow storm brewing in my state. It is still winter.

noxious.sunshine
04-03-2014, 07:25 PM
Tornadoes fascinate me beyond belief.

But, after a tornado hit Murfreesboro, TN back in 2009 & did over $10M in damage & I'm a bit more wary of them. I almost got caught up in the storm, actually. I was on my way home from work with my daughter & I remember how green and eerie the sky & clouds looked. And in fact, when I was leaving the person's house that had babysat my daughter that day, there was a tree already blown over, blocking the road & I had to find a different route. It was scary.

So I'm a little bit more careful. Especially when my daughter is with me. The last time a tornado was a real threat in my area & I had her, I packed a small bag of non-perishable items- peanut butter, bread/crackers, bottled water, and got her fully dressed in jeans, a long-sleeved shirt, jacket, socks & sneakers. And then I folded up my big fluffy comforter and laid it out in the bath tub along with pillows and other extra blankets.

Parker was like, "Mommy, are we getting ready for the tornado?" lol.. Sweet girl. She went back and forth hiding in the bath tub all day that day.

Otherwise, I have a love/hate relationship with the storms that come along with Spring. Rain makes me tired & sleepy. It's like I've taken a sleeping pill when it rains & it's hard for me to stay awake. I have an internal sensor, almost. I was sitting in class when I went to school in Phoenix, and I suddenly felt tired. Sure enough, it was raining outside.

On the other hand, soups are in order during rainy weather. omg. Tomato soup with a grilled cheese sammich... YUM.

EDIT: shion, you're just used to Canada weather. The South gets all 4 seasons. It just may happen in the span of a week and bounce back and forth all year.

The Man
04-03-2014, 08:03 PM
I've already been sick once this spring. It's obnoxious. I rarely get sick any other time of year.

TrollHunter
04-03-2014, 09:10 PM
I just woke up to over 6 inches of snow outside my house with absurdly blistering winds.
I just want the warm to arrive already. Spring is just second winter here in CO Springs.

Freya
04-03-2014, 09:36 PM
Yeah I had a tornado take a tree out of my front yard once. Also had one destroy houses when I was about a quarter mile away.

Still think they are awesome.

theundeadhero
04-03-2014, 10:01 PM
Last week it snowed.
This week it's rained for the past 3 days and there was a tornado warning this morning.

Madonna
04-03-2014, 10:53 PM
Seasons? We do not have seasons; the only change is the size of the waves.

Allergies suck, though, and there is always plenty of pollen in the air, so air sucks. I was so carefree for most of my life, but these past three years have not been kind to my sinuses. Your pain is felt, Freya.

What is up with all the people in the United States who live in Tornado Alley? I mean, come on; is that not a huge warning sign? And why have we not scienced it to make less tornadoes?

Yar
04-04-2014, 02:12 AM
We had a really harsh winter this year so nothing has started blooming yet. :( Even though it's April. :(

:( :( :( :( :(

Carl the Llama
04-04-2014, 03:44 AM
Things are blooming everywhere and the weather is just starting to get nice, Spring is definitely my favourite season of the year. It rained last night but other then that April has been really forgiving so far >.>

DMKA
04-04-2014, 04:40 AM
Spring is the greatest time of year and needs to be longer.

Exactly.

I love Spring. The rebirth of everything, the flowers blooming everywhere, the trees and grass turning green again, the sunshine mixed with rain, the wildlife re-emerging from it's slumber, the perfect temperatures, and of course, the fact that winter is over. Spring never seems to last very long, and I always miss it the rest of the year when it's over.

Allergies are a small price to pay for such bliss, imho.

maybee
04-04-2014, 06:32 AM
Spring I don't mind, it's okay I guess.

Summer however, despise it.

The Man
04-04-2014, 06:36 AM
I'm coughing uncontrollably right now. Spring can go smurf itself. Especially since it's basically summer since I live in Florida.

Shiny
04-04-2014, 08:28 AM
I hate the Spring because it means more rain. Bring me Summer for 400 days.

noxious.sunshine
04-04-2014, 11:50 AM
It's almost 6 a.m. here and there's a major storm going on outside.

Weather app is talkin bout damaging hail and winds of up to 60 mph and dangerous lightning.

.... And the ever popular tornado watch until 10 a.m.

WOOOOOOOOO!

(yep. the lightning and thunder are so bad it woke me up.. I usually sleep like a rock during a storm.)

Ayen
04-04-2014, 12:12 PM
Several years back there was this big ass tornado that was right next to where my mom worked. I saw a picture of it that was taken that my mom had a copy of and it was huge, man. SMURFING HUGE! They're lucky it decided to take a turn in the opposite direction because it would have wrecked that whole store.

Slothy
04-04-2014, 01:50 PM
Spring? Pollen? Our snow banks are more than six feet high.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
04-04-2014, 09:42 PM
I have allergies too, but it's been winter for like 6 months so let's be getting on with it.

aquatius
04-07-2014, 04:17 PM
Here we just have rain. Rain and lies of nice weather.

theundeadhero
04-07-2014, 08:26 PM
We had another tornado warning that night. Two in one day :p

Jiro
04-08-2014, 08:30 AM
Spring rocks except for mad allergies. That shit blows.