PDA

View Full Version : Questionable outfits

Fynn
04-04-2014, 02:57 PM
So Bravely Default is pretty different when it comes to job designs. We've discussed some of our favorites in another thread, but there's a bit of them that look quite dreadful. I know people at large agree the Time Mage looks pretty awful. A personal pet peeve of mine is Tiz's and Ringabel's Arcanist outfits. Because black magician onesies are a perfect outfit for a menacing arch mage... :|

Skyblade
04-05-2014, 04:26 PM
To me, the male Arcanist outfit always reminds me of a Jester's motley, which I think kind of fits, as the class is focused around a lot of harassment and manipulation techniques. Most of its abilities require setup to use well, and it seems to me to be more of a harasser and trickster than anything else.

Although, I don't use the class much. I still find status ailments next to useless, and you can't really manipulate enemy BP enough to make their Dark attacks worthwhile, so...

Of course, I actually don't mind the Time Mage outfit (probably because it reminds me of the Time Lord uniform from Doctor Who), except when Khamer's wearing it. I swear, Old Man Tick-Tock's version is really annoying. Mostly because the headpiece isn't actually circular, it feels like it's been squished some, and it throws off the entire aesthetic. Plus, I really like the way Agnès's hair flows through the gear in the back. You're right about that bit, she has fantastic hair.

I don't really care for the Ranger outfit, and I do find the female Vampire outfit a bit...odd. I mean, the guys get a casual Victorian suit with a cloak, and the girls get bunny ears and an outfit inspired by Lulu's dress?

Fynn
04-05-2014, 04:33 PM
I liked the ranger outfit a lot, actually. Especially on the guys. I'll agree on the female vampire suit, though. It's actually one of those outfits that got censored, the Japanese version almost looks like bondage gear, it's just a couple belts in strategic places.

And nope, no matter how much sense it makes, I personally wanna strangle whoever designed that terrible arcanist suit.

Skyblade
04-24-2014, 05:52 AM
Why is the male White Mage so bland?! The females get those epic hats (to go along with their epic hair), and yet the male outfit just has nothing to it.

I'm also not really a fan of the male Monk. The shirt design just doesn't really work for me.

Fynn
04-24-2014, 06:36 AM
I'm with you on the male white mages. They look like generic priests. Though I'm not a fan of the female WMs either - I would much rather have the traditional hoods :(

As for monks, I like them. If only because they seem to be based on Ashley Riot's outfit :) I don't like Tiz's earrings, though.

metagloria
07-09-2014, 06:15 PM
Agnès doesn't want to wear the Bravo Bikini, but has no problem with her Spell Fencer outfit? Mmkayyyyy...

qwertysaur
08-14-2014, 09:54 AM
all the job outfits are simply fashionaaabluh