PDA

View Full Version : Missing Partners

Pumpkin
04-04-2014, 05:50 PM
Have you noticed that with a lot of EoFF couples, you see posts from one of the a lot more than the other? Haven't seen many posts from Denmark or Happy Noodle Boy lately. And we see a lot more of BoB than smittenkitten, as another example.

What happens to the other partner?

Parker
04-04-2014, 06:03 PM
the quiet partner is left to cook meals and get the money in so the active poster can post all day

Shorty
04-04-2014, 06:06 PM
A good question. Let's look at motives.

Shauna
04-04-2014, 06:08 PM
Active couples on the forum don't stealthily take them out to reduce competition for Ciddies.

Nope.

Not at all.

:shifty:

Fynn
04-04-2014, 06:15 PM
What about you guys, shion? :p

Pumpkin
04-04-2014, 06:16 PM
What about you guys, shion? :p

What about me?

I mean us

Fynn
04-04-2014, 06:42 PM
I mean you post way more than sharky :p

Ayen
04-04-2014, 06:46 PM
They have sex, are eaten by their partner to consume their powers to merge into one single member and then the staff kills them freeing the person they devoured.

Fynn
04-04-2014, 06:50 PM
Have you been reading American Gods, perchance?

Shorty
04-04-2014, 06:51 PM
Have you been reading American Gods, perchance?

I am so glad I am not the only person who was thinking about this, oh my god xD

noxious.sunshine
04-04-2014, 07:50 PM
Yeah, Rantz doesnt poast much and we're a couple. lawlz.

denmark used to always be in chat, and Jinx would make drunk appearances, but that hasnt happened in ages.

xD

Parker
04-04-2014, 08:52 PM
weird, i try to help make chat as welcoming as possible

Vyk
04-04-2014, 09:33 PM
My ex doesn't post here anymore. Does that count?

Psychotic
04-04-2014, 09:37 PM
EoFF is a dating site so why would you post here when you're not single? I think questions should be asked of the partner that sticks around.

Pike
04-04-2014, 09:47 PM
Once Huxley and I are finally in the same country permanently then both of us will disappear because we will be too busy with video games and crossword puzzles to muck about online anymore. :smug:

Miss Mae
04-07-2014, 11:27 AM
They have sex, are eaten by their partner to consume their powers to merge into one single member and then the staff kills them freeing the person they devoured.

Is this my future? That's terrifying.

Old Manus
04-07-2014, 12:19 PM
As they're just the same person it gets tiresome after a while logging into different accounts.

Ayen
04-07-2014, 01:46 PM

Is this my future? That's terrifying.

That's what you get for having basic human urges.

Kalevala
04-07-2014, 11:39 PM
Good God, am I the only one who isn't​ lovebuddies with someone else on here?

Ayen
04-07-2014, 11:41 PM

No you are not. a/s/l?

Kalevala
04-07-2014, 11:44 PM
69/F/Sunrise Senior Living Community :flirt:

Shorty
04-07-2014, 11:46 PM

Don't worry, sugar, we'll find you someone.

Bubba is everyone's lovebuddy. I'm sure he'll come your way soon ;)

Shauna
04-07-2014, 11:53 PM

Well, we are a dating site...

Jiro
04-08-2014, 12:06 AM
People get what they want and bugger off to enjoy it. Can't fault them for taking advantage of the situation.

Kalevala
04-08-2014, 12:11 AM

Well, we are a dating site...

PoF/EoFF, NOW I see the connection.

Shorty
04-08-2014, 12:17 AM
Don't lump us in there with that trash. :colbert:

Kalevala
04-08-2014, 01:34 AM
You're right. EoFF is a far better dating service.

Calliope
04-08-2014, 07:05 AM
Worked okay for me et. al.

Jiro
04-08-2014, 08:25 AM
The sheer volume of EoFF couples astounds me.

Ayen
04-08-2014, 12:12 PM

Nicolas
04-09-2014, 04:39 AM
Denmark was pretty disgusted with the forum after the whole Circumcision thread, so he's not coming back for awhile (if ever). :p

you can at least get him to chat with the better folk. ;o

Sephex
04-09-2014, 04:59 AM
Denmark was pretty disgusted with the forum after the whole Circumcision thread, so he's not coming back for awhile (if ever). :p

I talked to him a bit with it around the time that happened outside this forum. It wasn't so much that particular thread, it's just that he felt (and I agreed with him) in that subforum has a "**** you, you're wrong *plugs ears*" attitude. I get that some people like to argue, but that's not fun for everyone. The worst part is how most people claim that they are simply debating when all they are doing is getting in a dick measuring contest to see who can write the most paragraphs while purposely taking other people's posts out of context in a very sad and pathetic way to feel superior to one another.

That being said, that's why I tend to gravitate towards less controversial topics or advice ones. That and I seldom visit that part of the forums. Why put that kind of stress on yourself? I don't want to waste my free time arguing over something with people that I'd rather get along with.

Nicolas
04-09-2014, 05:16 AM

I talked to him a bit with it around the time that happened outside this forum. It wasn't so much that particular thread, it's just that he felt (and I agreed with him) in that subforum has a "**** you, you're wrong *plugs ears*" attitude. I get that some people like to argue, but that's not fun for everyone. The worst part is how most people claim that they are simply debating when all they are doing is getting in a dick measuring contest to see who can write the most paragraphs while purposely taking other people's posts out of context in a very sad and pathetic way to feel superior to one another.

That being said, that's why I tend to gravitate towards less controversial topics or advice ones. That and I seldom visit that part of the forums. Why put that kind of stress on yourself? I don't want to waste my free time arguing over something with people that I'd rather get along with.

A few of us were just talking about that in chat, actually. And, honestly, from what I gathered, we feel about the same. It seems to be the least welcoming part of the forums. It just saddens me to see someone like him leave chat as well. Granted, Chat isn't full of the mostly likable people either. Hopefully you both come around there more often, actually. Just... you know... when we're paying attention or alive.

Jiro
04-09-2014, 05:44 AM
yeah, come hang out and shit

Sephex
04-09-2014, 06:15 AM

A few of us were just talking about that in chat, actually. And, honestly, from what I gathered, we feel about the same. It seems to be the least welcoming part of the forums. It just saddens me to see someone like him leave chat as well. Granted, Chat isn't full of the mostly likable people either. Hopefully you both come around there more often, actually. Just... you know... when we're paying attention or alive.

I am here in the forums a lot. I used to go into chat because I had more opportunities too. On the weekend I used to go to edczxcvbnm's place and have my laptop off to the side while I interacted with people at his place. Since he moved to the city, people now come to my place to hang, and my laptop is hooked to my TV that everyone uses. While I can find times to goof here and there during my third shift at work to post, live chat it a whole different game. I am interrupted/have to do work so much it wouldn't be worth it. Plus, I have tried stopping by during official breaks and it is DEAD every time I go in. Then again, this is usually around 3:30am US central time so......

Psychotic
04-09-2014, 07:41 AM
that subforum has a "**** you, you're wrong *plugs ears*" attitude. The worst part is how most people claim that they are simply debating when all they are doing is getting in a dick measuring contest to see who can write the most paragraphs while purposely taking other people's posts out of context in a very sad and pathetic way to feel superior to one another. I'm going to make that the EoEO forum description. :D

Sephex
04-09-2014, 07:46 AM
that subforum has a "**** you, you're wrong *plugs ears*" attitude. The worst part is how most people claim that they are simply debating when all they are doing is getting in a dick measuring contest to see who can write the most paragraphs while purposely taking other people's posts out of context in a very sad and pathetic way to feel superior to one another. I'm going to make that the EoEO forum description. :D

That would be amusing, but I have a feeling not many people will share that sentiment. ;)

Old Manus
04-09-2014, 09:05 AM
I'm sure everyone but the EoEO opinion police share your sentiment.

Jiro
04-09-2014, 09:46 AM
I am okay with using Sephex's post as the description.

Ayen
04-09-2014, 03:20 PM
How about we just knock over some statues and turn EoEO into the World of Ruin?

Quindiana Jones
04-09-2014, 03:36 PM
Almost every member here is actually just another one of my accounts to help me cope with my awfully sheltered life. If you know you're not, you're one of the few who actually stumbled across this site with a legitimate interest in Final Fantasy.

Psychotic
04-09-2014, 06:54 PM
#retakeEoEO

http://home.eyesonff.com/general-chat/142660-general-chats-war-eyes-each-other.html#post3083442

Ayen
04-09-2014, 06:57 PM
I was so ready to post in that thread and march into battle before I realized the thread was nearly a year old.

Psychotic
04-09-2014, 07:00 PM
I already bumped it once.

Jiro
04-10-2014, 12:33 AM
It's an eternally relevant kind of thread.

Formalhaut
04-12-2014, 10:12 AM
I do like EoEo because it really does give people who are hurting and/or need advice to seek and find it. Let's not forget the numerous times we've cheered an EoFFer up or given pretty good advice to someone in need in that sub-forum. Don't let the negative obscure the positive things in there!