PDA

View Full Version : Star Blitzball Player Threatens To Quit Over Pronunciation Dispute

Shorty
04-05-2014, 02:58 AM
http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130326203616/finalfantasy/images/thumb/c/cf/FFX_HD_Tidus_Blitzball_Stadium.jpg/640px-FFX_HD_Tidus_Blitzball_Stadium.jpg
Tidus could walk away from blitzball in an upset over his name's pronunciation.

BESAID, SPIRA -- Besaid's star blitzball player has come forward to state that his presence on the team is not unconditional. In a surprising act of defiance in his shame and embarrassment over a name dispute, leading blitzball player of the Besaid Aurochs, Tidus, threatens to quit Besaid's team if masses "do not stop pronouncing his name incorrectly". Tidus is thought to be particularly unhappy at the use of the word "whiner" in relation to his reaction of the media's mispronunciation of his name and refusal to adhere to his wishes.

This post appeared on Tidus' Twitter feed on Friday afternoon:

http://i548.photobucket.com/albums/ii325/demosthynes/tidus1_zpsdb18e798.png

As the Blitz Bowl descends on Spira, the team prepares to face off against the Luca Goers in the biggest blitzball tournament of the year. If Tidus chooses to abandon his blitzmates over this issue, it could spell disaster for the team's unmatched success when they go head to head against the Goers in just a few short weeks.

Wakka, captain of the Besaid Aurochs, expressed his dismay at Tidus' childish outburst, and admitted that working with star athletes has its limits. He was then quoted as saying, "Go away, dammit!"

Tidus has been quoted as questioning his blitzball future in Besaid, and the star player has told reporters, "This is my story. It'll go the way I want, or I'll end it here."

Scotty_ffgamer
04-05-2014, 03:06 AM
I'm pretty sure his name is boy.

DMKA
04-05-2014, 04:12 AM
Isn't his name Rez?

http://s27.postimg.org/dg24tbzrn/Untitled7.jpg

Ayen
04-05-2014, 06:09 AM

Tye Dish.

Skyblade
04-05-2014, 06:35 AM
At the beginning of the game, there's a couple of lines of text, and then a dialogue box. His name is whatever you enter in the dialogue box, and the pronunciation is whatever you make it.

Who is this "Tidus"?

black orb
04-05-2014, 07:01 AM
>>> Sin disappear and this is what we get, celebrity gossip on the news.
We need Sin back to shake the things a little..:luca:

Freya
04-05-2014, 07:27 AM
Uhhhh he's such a drama queen. He feels entitled to act like one since he brought the besaid aurochs back into the lime light. The kid has a case of the divas it seems.

Ayen
04-05-2014, 07:50 AM
Uhhhh he's such a drama queen. He feels entitled to act like one since he brought the besaid aurochs back into the lime light. The kid has a case of the divas it seems.

I don't know what Yuna sees in him. She needs to dump that loser and find herself a real man. Preferably me.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
04-05-2014, 09:09 AM
He needs to go back to the Zanarkand Ah-Bez

Sephex
04-05-2014, 09:12 AM
dtMxC1PKdEo

Jiro
04-08-2014, 08:22 AM
Sounds pretty prissy of him

Formalhaut
04-14-2014, 01:45 AM
Funny article :D