PDA

View Full Version : Comix Zone

Ayen
04-05-2014, 12:38 PM
It's been a while since I talked about an old game.

Has anyone here ever played Comix Zone? It was a beat 'em up game on the Sega Genesis where a comic book artist is pulled into a comic book and you swing from panel to panel with enemies who are drawn on screen to take you out. It was awesome!

Discuss.

Big D
04-05-2014, 01:55 PM
Yep! Got it on the Sega Mega Drive/Genesis collection for the PS2. I liked the comic book format, it was really creative and cleverly done. The game itself was a little difficult and repetitive for my taste, but I still worked my way through it. Good times.

Scotty_ffgamer
04-05-2014, 02:19 PM
I've only played it a little, and it was awesome.

krissy
04-05-2014, 03:34 PM
yeah pretty good
also love your avatar big d

Ayen
04-05-2014, 08:19 PM
Yep! Got it on the Sega Mega Drive/Genesis collection for the PS2. I liked the comic book format, it was really creative and cleverly done. The game itself was a little difficult and repetitive for my taste, but I still worked my way through it. Good times.

I get what you mean by difficulty. Even now I can barely get past the first level on the game without dying a whole bunch. That seemed par for the course, though. Both Battletoads/Double Dragon and X-Men 2 were hard as all smurf as well.

I Took the Red Pill
04-06-2014, 08:55 AM
I played it for a few hours sometime last years and loved it. The mechanics are very cleverly put together. Agreed that it is tough as nails though. I don't think I got past level 2.

Wolf Kanno
04-06-2014, 09:27 AM
A friend of mine owned it and I would go over to his place in middle school and play it. Except for some design flaws that made the game unnecessarily harder than it should be (why does hitting inanimate objects cause damage to my health?) it was a pretty sweet brawler. One of the few games that made me really appreciate the Sega Genesis.

Ayen
04-06-2014, 06:56 PM
I played it for a few hours sometime last years and loved it. The mechanics are very cleverly put together. Agreed that it is tough as nails though. I don't think I got past level 2.

Has anyone actually completed this game? xD

Big D
04-07-2014, 01:05 AM
Sure did - both endings. Though I had to make extensive use of the quicksave feature on the PS2 version, because ain't nobody got time fo' restarting from scratch whenever something goes wrong.

Madame Adequate
04-07-2014, 01:52 AM
I like Comix Zone a lot and I am utterly terrible at it!

krissy
04-07-2014, 02:22 AM
hated the main character design tho
altho i guess its a product of its time

Ayen
04-07-2014, 02:59 AM
Sure did - both endings. Though I had to make extensive use of the quicksave feature on the PS2 version, because ain't nobody got time fo' restarting from scratch whenever something goes wrong.

There are multiple endings?

I hear you about the saves. I did that with Sonic on my Genesis Collection for the Xbox.

Big D
04-07-2014, 09:09 AM
There are multiple endings?Only two. Depends on whether you save the lass-whose-name-I-forget, or if she dies during the final battle with the villainous bloke-whose-name-I-also-forget.

Dat Matt
04-07-2014, 11:34 PM
I was awful at comix zone. My Brother and I took turns trying to beat it.I don't think we made it past the 2nd or 3rd stage.

Ayen
04-07-2014, 11:37 PM
I gotta say I feel much better sucking at this game knowing I wasn't the only one.

Mercen-X
04-11-2014, 08:39 AM
One of the few beat-em-ups I was able to beat as a youngun.