PDA

View Full Version : The little things

Madame Adequate
04-06-2014, 02:19 AM
We've all got the big things we look forward to or fondly remember, things that give us solace and comfort, maybe even events that define us. Big overseas vacations, weddings, graduation, the birth of child. All well and good. That's not what this thread is about.

No, I want to know about the other end of the scale. What are the small things you do for yourself to cheer up, or relax, or just give yourself some comfort on Friday evening? A bar of chocolate? A favorite TV show? A nice hot bath?

Tell me!

Shorty
04-06-2014, 02:31 AM
Definitely a long, relaxing bath! Mexican food and vanilla or cherry coke is what I do for myself. Sometimes I'll buy myself a little something like a scarf to pick me up. Go for a long drive maybe.

fire_of_avalon
04-06-2014, 05:21 AM
So before there was pinterest or polyvore I used to like to browse clothing websites and put together my own outfits and badly photoshop them out and lay the pieces side by side. I still like to organize clothes I don't own in my head from time to time and imagine the activities I will do while wearing those clothes. I generally imagine I am walking down a street in the afternoon but I have no idea why when generally I'm cleaning, cooking or watching tv.

The Man
04-06-2014, 05:26 AM
Cookies :monster:

theundeadhero
04-06-2014, 07:21 AM
Go for a Harley ride.

Late last night I hung out in back of the Pizza Hut I used to work at with some friends that still do. We danced while loudly singing the pokemon theme song. It was the most fun I had all week.

Ayen
04-06-2014, 11:47 AM
Double Cheeseburger, large order of fries and a Coke.

Shorty
04-06-2014, 06:38 PM
hodor :stare:

Madame Adequate
04-07-2014, 10:05 PM

We are kindred spirits, my good man.

Ayen
04-07-2014, 10:15 PM

We are kindred spirits, my good man.

I always knew.

Shiny
04-07-2014, 11:00 PM
I go to Magnolia Bakery and get their banana pudding. So delish!

Last week so treat myself I got a pedicure.

Sephex
04-08-2014, 06:54 AM
Playing a video game during a cool day with a window or sliding door open. The screen portion is closed to protect you from bugs, of course. Maybe you hear a lawn mower in the distance. Maybe it is raining just a bit. But on a lazy day, letting a hint of the elements into your place/room while relaxing is a wonderful feeling.

Jiro
04-08-2014, 08:25 AM
The sound of rain at night. Waking up to gentle sunlight and not mass flooding.

Psychotic
04-08-2014, 02:38 PM
The Creme Egg quarter. It is sadly coming to an end soon.

Kalevala
04-08-2014, 10:17 PM
I second Vanilla Coke. It isn't available in Canada (or at least in this part of the country) so any time someone I know goes to Maine I ask them to pick up a case for me.

Sitting on the deck on a cool summer day with a book and cigarette.

I used to work at a pub where we were allowed a meal and a sandwich per shift. I would wait until I was starving and then fix myself a double decker bulging with lettuce, tomatoes, onions, and mayonnaise, and scarf it down between gulps of iced tea.

Trumpet Thief
04-09-2014, 04:10 AM
Some tea, and just sitting down to watch some video game-related Youtube videos. Pretty chill!