PDA

View Full Version : Tidus' Power Level Is Rising

Forsaken Lover
04-06-2014, 06:08 PM
So you always kinda assume that the heroes in a JRPG are stronger at the end than they are at the beginning. I'm talking "in story" here obviously.

Nowhere is this better displayed than with Tidus. Beginning of game Tidus is KO'ed by a single shot from a 15-year-old 50-pound girl. He was also crying about being hungry and cold and needing that fire to survive.

Near the end of the game though he no longer complains about being hungry even though he hasn't eaten since the Al Bhed ship with Rikku. Also he's capable of scaling a snowy mountain all the way to its peak without so much as shivering, let alone complaining about needing a fire.

Vermachtnis
04-06-2014, 06:38 PM
The first time I played this, like a billion years ago that went over my head. He has one of the better character arcs of the series; so much that they'll like two entirely different people. Could you imagine how the Tidus at the start of the game would've reacted if told he was going to disappear?

Even statistically speaking it shows if you use him the entire game. I had him and Auron in the front line for the entire game and while Auron outdamaged him by alot early on. Near the end of their trees, Auron was still doing more damage in a single hit, but Tidus was going a lot, loooot more than him and was potentially doing more damage. And his HP, for a while he's lagging behind Lulu and Yuna for max HP. But by the end of the game, he's still behind the tanky Auron and Wakka, but has more then the mages and thief. He's like a Magikarp in human form.

Ayen
04-06-2014, 06:45 PM
By the end of it he wasn't thinking about himself anymore. His bond with everyone grew over time, especially the one he had with Yuna, so he had something to fight for.

That fading from existence thing had to of sucked, though.

black orb
04-07-2014, 03:52 PM
>>> The guy only played Blizball and never fought monsters before. Then he took a sword and started to change.
Jecht`s genes help a lot too.:luca:

Jiro
04-08-2014, 08:21 AM
Even looking at the difference in voice from the narration at the start and how he talks when he first arrives in Spira shows a huge change in character. He certainly grows up.

Neptunia
05-08-2014, 06:48 PM
that's a good point I guess he did become less of a whiny wimpy tactless moron as the game went on. I kinda have a hard time seeing that though.

In terms of power level rising the same can be said for Zidane in FF9, disk one almost dies in evil forest, disk 4 easily outruns the Ilfa tree when it's going crazy. not that his personality seems to change too much.