PDA

View Full Version : So does anyone like this game?

Wolf Kanno
04-06-2014, 07:11 PM
I don't mean an indifferent "sure, it wasn't bad" I'm talking about a "you know, I had a lot of fun playing this game, haters be damned!". So did you like this game?

Scotty_ffgamer
04-06-2014, 07:29 PM
I think it's one of the best in the series to be honest. To be fair, I've never played the PS1 port, and I think some of the leveling stuff was updated in the GBA/PSP ports. It's definitely my favorite of the NES trilogy though.

Pike
04-06-2014, 07:29 PM
I fecking loved this game and anyone who didn't like it can http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a109/Pikestaff/smiley/emot-frogout_zpsd97ad4b9.gif

It's one of my two favorite FF games (the other is FFX)

Madame Adequate
04-06-2014, 07:30 PM
Yeah I played it for the first time a couple of months ago and it rapidly became one of my favorite FFs. It's excellent.

Ayen
04-06-2014, 07:57 PM
Mister Adequate and Pike are largely responsible for my loving this game to pieces. And I was the only one playing the Origins version, which was closer to the original NES so I didn't get all the fancy dancy updates and fixes and I still loved it. I can see why some wouldn't like it with all the bold moves with the stats and such. Having a guide tell you to actually unequip weapons and armor in order to do more damage is just weird. The lack of armor equaling faster evade made perfect sense, though.

Fynn
04-06-2014, 08:47 PM
I love it to bits. You can probably tell by my name.

Wolf Kanno
04-07-2014, 06:28 PM
I originally didn't care for it, no blind hatred or anything but I understood why most fans pass it over. Then I started working on the little FAQ for this site and did a new playthrough where I really experimented with the gameplay and read up on some of the finer elements and realized this might be the most technically complicated RPG on the NES. While I still hate the dungeon design and wish that leveling magic wasn't a chore, I really grew to appreciate this game and I always liked the story.

Sephex
04-08-2014, 01:49 AM
I played through the GBA version and had a blast about a decade ago. I felt that version finally nailed the game in the right amount of pacing and fairness (the prices for some items were ludicrous). I also enjoyed the extra content.

Bolivar
04-09-2014, 08:29 PM
^ same, I played Dawn of Souls and enjoyed it a lot. I appreciated how story-driven it was and it was cool to discover all the little references FFXII made to this game.

maybee
04-10-2014, 10:16 AM
It has Minwu in it, of course it's great.

Most of the time it gets labeled as the worst Final Fantasy ever and not even.

Prefer the PSP version though, the PlayStation version was far too nasty with the sale prices and inn prices from memory.

VeloZer0
04-13-2014, 04:43 PM
I've only played with the original mechanics (FF:O) and the game was a whole lot of meh for me. I appreciate what they were trying to do, but the leveling system just makes it hard for me to get the fun factor out of it.