PDA

View Full Version : I went outside!

Ayen
04-07-2014, 10:28 PM
The sky was sunny, with beautiful blue skies and white fluffy clouds blowing through the wind. The air was cool and everything was wonderful. I saw photos of old people left out on the street and a coat hanger on the pavement. A couple of dogs ran up to their fences and barked at me for the crime of existence. I also walked over some broken glass belonging to a beer bottle. This one guy coming from the grocery store had an angry face when approaching me, I thought he was going to ram into me so I got my ass off the sidewalk and let him past. He was coming from Price Chopper so that's probably explained the anger.

I went to Burger King and pigged out on a Double Whopper and a side order of fries and a Coke. The person behind the counter thought I said a large shake, but I fixed that. They have a digital screen now for selecting soda. Pretty neat. After that I went to the library to search for A Game of Thrones unfortunately they only had the third and fourth book so I got the first book on hold so they'll contact me whenever it comes in. Then I went home and nearly got rained on by storm clouds. That was nice. On the way back I got barked at by another dog and told it to shut up. To my surprise it worked.

When was the last time you went outside? What did you do? Where did you go? Was their squirrels? What kind of things did you find on the ground?

Psychotic
04-07-2014, 10:47 PM
I'm happy for you, but personally I kinda do it every day dude. :shobon:

Iceglow
04-07-2014, 10:49 PM
I live in London, you do not want to look at the ground for fear of what you'll find there.

Ayen
04-07-2014, 10:54 PM
I live in London, you do not want to look at the ground for fear of what you'll find there.

That bad, eh?

Shiny
04-07-2014, 10:55 PM
I go outside err'day. It's raining today and will be raining pretty much everyday of the week so if I can avoid outside this week, I will.

Kalevala
04-07-2014, 11:16 PM
It's a gorgeous 14 degrees Celsius outside today. The melting snow has created a nice little swimming pool next to our deck. Summer is coming. :cool:

Shauna
04-07-2014, 11:19 PM
I go outside every day because it is sadly required for me to get to work. It was a horrible day.

Ayen
04-07-2014, 11:22 PM
It's a gorgeous 14 degrees Celsius outside today. The melting snow has created a nice little swimming pool next to our deck. Summer is coming. :cool:

Everybody in the pool!

Question to everydayers: what level are you?

Parker
04-07-2014, 11:45 PM
it rained today so i didnt go outside except to smoke. there are guys working on the water pipes outside, i accidentally woke up a guy sleeping in his van and we laughed about it.

Shorty
04-07-2014, 11:49 PM
I have to go outside every day to get from my bungalow into the house, so yep, every day!

Sephex
04-08-2014, 07:14 AM
Had to run some errands today. Drove to my credit union and dropped off a check that helped me pay off the first of two property tax installments. It was a nice enough day to let the window down, but still chilly out. The credit union is close to my parent's house, so I packed up my laptop, my work clothes, and other stuff I needed later (as I have said tons of times now, I am a 3rd shift work) and decided I will visit them since mom was home already. As soon as I got there I flew open my lap top and paid the property taxes. Also, my sister (10 years younger) and mom said they were just talking about me growing up or something. I didn't inquire past that.

It was then I realized I had an association payment due, and the only way to pay it is by personal check through snail mail. My checkbook is at my place. Crap. So I ventured forth to the great outdoors again by car back to my place. I mailed my association fee, and went back to my parent's house. On the way, I also picked up some Burger King (like ToriJ did) because it was around 4pm, and I was very hungry since I didn't eat anything all day.

There NSA, I helped you out today.

Calliope
04-08-2014, 07:25 AM
I trudged down my treacherous staircase too early in the morning, and crossed ignoring the zebra crossing, slipping over dew and debris. The homeless man was sleeping in the alleyway again today, my morning reminder not to be bitter about going to a job that I hate and my petty grievances. From the alleyway to a bus stop to a bus station to a bus stop and then work, and then the same in reverse; my outdoors experience a repetition of doors, signs, rubbish bins, chewing gum and graffiti.

Conversely, my appreciation of the outdoors all occurred inside: From the bus I see green fields, snow capped mountains, gleaming lakes, herons diving, crows hopping back and forth, eagles circling in unison. I take in mosses, ferns, cherry trees in bloom, greens and blues, I live in a beautiful place.

Big D
04-08-2014, 07:26 AM
It's autumn in New Zealand, and today was cold and wet. I spent most of the day indoors, bar a couple of essential errands.

Jiro
04-08-2014, 08:24 AM
Weather in Adelaide was real nice this week. Plenty of nerds to be found at ComicCon. Standing in line hurt like a bitch but hey being out and about in a new city was super cool.