PDA

View Full Version : Original vs. Remake

Wolf Kanno
04-08-2014, 01:59 AM
So for those who have had a chance to play both versions of the game, which is your favorite?

As I stated in another thread, I feel that the original is much better, not only does it feel more impressive from a technical and design standpoint off of the other two NES entries but I also felt the DS version had to cut too many corners just to function and it hurt the game's challenge and lost the original game's heavier use of strategy to win.

maybee
04-08-2014, 08:05 AM
Original, because I hate the way that they updated and remade the boss theme. Yes, music is that important.

Also the opening is a bit more fun and friendly, with having everybody in the team, rather than you start off with one guy and find the rest later, it makes the beginning so much easier.

The graphics suck and the ost has that dated NES tune, but it can't help it's age.

VeloZer0
04-13-2014, 04:47 PM
I like the remake way better. I guess I am just a sucker for games that are 'smoother'. That and I love 3D chibi style sprites.

Depression Moon
04-13-2014, 06:08 PM
Original, because I hate the way that they updated and remade the boss theme. Yes, music is that important.

Also the opening is a bit more fun and friendly, with having everybody in the team, rather than you start off with one guy and find the rest later, it makes the beginning so much easier.

The graphics suck and the ost has that dated NES tune, but it can't help it's age.

The boss theme sounds five times better to me than the NES version. Hell, the music in the NES version made me mute it and play music from my library. I felt that those high ass bleeps were going to cause hearing loss.

VeloZer0
04-13-2014, 06:24 PM
All this talk about boss battle themes lead me to listen to all three back to back (Original, DS, PSP), to which I can say I prefer the DS version noticeably more.