PDA

View Full Version : So are you excited?

Wolf Kanno
04-08-2014, 05:01 AM
It's been in development hell since 2006, has had only a handful of trailers, been delayed to another console generation, and was even rumored to be vaporware at one point. So are you still excited for this game, or do you want it to just get realeased so we can all move on with our lives?

Freya
04-08-2014, 05:51 AM
Yes.

I may have this rose tinted view because of tumblr, but tumblr gifs make everything nicer.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/94ea458317e002c1ef1b7dbdefefcc5a/tumblr_n3m6owNLrs1r7i5gpo1_500.gif
http://37.media.tumblr.com/d00805b49d866a75cdbc4d0e11cb441f/tumblr_n3m6owNLrs1r7i5gpo2_500.gif
http://24.media.tumblr.com/2c73cb5135b1029e764e88d8fb8c3eed/tumblr_n3m6owNLrs1r7i5gpo3_500.gif
http://37.media.tumblr.com/1e60e33640a9286d2740ae1480d25611/tumblr_n3m6owNLrs1r7i5gpo4_500.gif

Plus it looks to have more open combat kinda like the KH series and I really enjoy that.

Fynn
04-08-2014, 06:07 AM
I'd normally say I'm kinda excited but may that much because I'll probably never get a PS4 so I would only get it if it got ported to PC.

But I had an awesome dream about this game today and now I totally need it! Like, right now!

Big D
04-08-2014, 07:03 AM
I'm honestly not excited about it at this stage.

The trailers, including gameplay, certainly look pretty. However, they also give the impression that we're just in for another few hours of shiny bulletproof teenagers flying around the place with swords made from engine blocks, slaughtering armies of gun-wielding guys and presumably saving the world somehow while they're at it.

Aside from next-gen graphics and action-RPG gameplay, I'm not seeing anything remotely new or creative.

Since the game's not out yet, and I still know nothing about it aside from what's seen in the trailers, I'm reserving judgment for now. I'd be very happy to learn that my skepticism is misplaced, and that the game's actuall a captivating, invigorating breath of fresh FF-scented air.

Psychotic
04-08-2014, 07:22 AM
Not yet. I think there are some promising signs but I've been burned by XII and XIII to really get fired up about another FF.

Jiro
04-08-2014, 09:09 AM
I'm not excited. I'm not even cautiously optimistic any more. I will judge it when it comes out; until then, Square Enix does not getting my fanatical support. Perhaps it is petty, but the fact that they asked us to hype the game up and then wouldn't even pay us the respect of saying "oh, we're actually going to hold it over for the next console generation because we think it would be better for you" shows a lack of respect. Don't keep us in the dark, announce that you have an announcement, announce nothing, and then expect us to get on board when you suddenly say "surprise it wasn't dead it was just sleeping!"

If it is great I will take back at least some of the horrible things I have said but until then I need more proof.

Ayen
04-08-2014, 03:26 PM
I'll be happy when it comes out like a man who's been constipated for nearly a decade, but like always it won't be a day 1 purchase. Mainly because I never have the money to buy anything on day 1. And like Fynn it won't be any time soon when I get a PS4 and I certainly won't be buying the Xbox One, so unless it's available for the PC the game will be old news by the time I get to play it. If ever.

Shorty
04-08-2014, 05:15 PM
Pretty fucking incredible graphics if you ask me. I don't know anything about the game itself, but the look keeps getting better and better.

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130613032656/finalfantasy/images/5/55/Final_Fantasy_XV_-_Cast.PNG

Kalevala
04-08-2014, 07:25 PM
I'd normally say I'm kinda excited but may that much because I'll probably never get a PS4 so I would only get it if it got ported to PC.

There were whispers of a PC port being a reality, were there not? I'm in the same boat as you. I have no plans to purchase a PS4 any time soon.

Del Murder
04-09-2014, 05:20 AM
I'm in between #2 and #3 at this point. I'd still love for this to come out and be great but I'm not holding my breath. It's been too long and the information flow has been too damn slow.

Scotty_ffgamer
04-09-2014, 08:09 AM
I get excited anytime I watch a trailer for it again. It just looks so pretty, and the little gameplay shown in trailers looks like it could be a lot of fun.

maybee
04-09-2014, 08:12 AM
Yeah pretty much !

Though there's still those worried/ anxious feelings there.

black orb
04-09-2014, 03:34 PM
>>> No.. and I dont have a PS4..:luca:

Pete for President
04-11-2014, 05:21 PM
I have absolutely no faith in this title. Square asks way too much of the fans to keep being hyped for this title for so long and I think anyone who still is should seriously reconsider the signs. Let Square prove themselves first, then all the hype will be theirs post release. But any moment before that I would not get my hopes up one single bit.

So in short: could not care less until I see some reviews. If it gets released at all.

PS: I'd vote for the last option in the poll but I don't want to support KH3 either.

Skyblade
04-12-2014, 01:16 AM
Personally, I'm not really excited for it. What is there to be excited for? We've seen basically nothing. Yes, it looks pretty. So did FFXIII. We don't have much else to go on. The development time is not promising, as rarely does a development cycle that long bode well for the game. I've seen tons of hype about how great the trailers look, but unfortunately, I've also seen a lot of that open to interpretation. Yes, the trailers could be indicative of an absolutely stellar execution of dark urban fantasy, an expansive and full world, and well executed action-based combat. But it could also indicate a nonsensically complicated story, cliché characters, and a boring and empty world.

When the game comes out, I'll play it, and maybe it will be fantastic. The potential is certainly there, I admit that. But that's as far as I'll go.

Depression Moon
04-12-2014, 08:10 PM
My hype has ran out a long time ago, but I'm optimistic, same goes for KH3.

ScottNUMBERS
04-12-2014, 09:38 PM
While we don't know much about this game it has at least one thing going for it; it's not a FFXIII spin off.

The slick trailer won me over, I'm investing all my excitement into it.