PDA

View Full Version : What is your signature dish?

Jinx
04-10-2014, 01:39 AM
I'm really good at cooking whole chickens and brining and seasoning them to perfection. I also make bomb stuffed peppers...like, legendary. I also make to-die-for stew and a sausage and potato soup. My signature dessert is peanut butter cookies.

What are your signature dishes?

Shorty
04-10-2014, 02:00 AM
1) My family's pot roast, 2) maple syrup salmon, 3) lemon parmesan pasta, and 4) german pancakes. My signature dessert is peach delight! :jess: But I also make a mean peanut butter fudge pie.

I am also damn good at compiling massive multi-course breakfasts to suit a king.

noxious.sunshine
04-10-2014, 02:51 AM
Signature?

I guess it would be either my Mexican Shrimp Cocktail, my copycat version of Macaroni Grille's Pasta Milano, or my salmon & brown rice I make.

I'm nit the biggest on breakfast, but I've kinda become known for my huge ass omelettes that can easily feed like 4 people.

oh. And frad chikkinz! :D

Lone Wolf Leonhart
04-10-2014, 04:11 AM
If only I could afford groceries :monster:

Miss Mae
04-10-2014, 06:54 AM
For quick and easy, I make some really nice penne with cream-based pesto sauce.

For a little more time consuming, I have my own recipe for pizza dough that is a killer, which I usually make with potato, pumpkin and sweet chilli.

For dessert, apparently I make the best bread and butter pudding ever (according to Jiro).

noxious.sunshine
04-10-2014, 07:10 AM

For a little more time consuming, I have my own recipe for pizza dough that is a killer, which I usually make with potato, pumpkin and sweet chilli.

For dessert, apparently I make the best bread and butter pudding ever (according to Jiro).

I need this pizza recipe.

noxious.sunshine
04-10-2014, 07:14 AM
Oh. Yeah. Dessert wise... My mom's fudge. I'm the only person ever to have this recipe. And as I've said a million times, she was known as "The Fudge Lady" across the country on many army bases.

Miss Mae
04-10-2014, 07:16 AM

I need this pizza recipe.

1. Add 7g sachet dried yeast to ¾ cup blood-temperature water, 1 tsp caster sugar and ½ tsp salt
2. Sift 2 cups plain flour in a bowl, add ½ tsp dried oregano and make a well
3. Add yeast mixture and 2 tbsp olive oil
4. Mix to make dough. Turn out on floured surface and knead
5. Place in lightly greased bowl. Cover in plastic wrap and leave somewhere warm for 30min
6. Knead again until smooth. Roll, add toppings and bake at 200 C until brown (approx. 20min)

For the topping I usually just fry sliced potato and pumpkin in a pan until it's tender, spread the dough with sweet chilli sauce, put the potato and pumpkin on top, cover in cheese and some rosemary, and away you go.

It's super easy, it's just a bit time consuming because of all the 'waiting for the dough to rise' parts.

Psychotic
04-10-2014, 09:06 AM
Toast.

Pike
04-10-2014, 10:18 AM
It used to be microwave pizza but I've since figured out how to use the toaster oven, so... toaster oven'd pizza.

blackmage_nuke
04-10-2014, 12:05 PM
Anything where all I have to do is meat + Hot surface

Parker
04-10-2014, 01:06 PM
I also make a bitching Roast Chicken. I made some awesome madeleines before with a maddy pan I bought while drunk. They were fantastic. I haven't had a chance to make them again for a while. Also I'm too poor for groceries, like LWL right now so I can't cook things at all :(

Scotty_ffgamer
04-10-2014, 02:47 PM
I make a really good pork stroganoff type dish.

Night Fury
04-10-2014, 04:25 PM
Chilli con carne, prawn saganaki, roast lemon chicken, fish tacos!

For desserts probably frangipane, cheesecakes, swiss rolls, lemon cake, grasshopper tartlet!

Jessweeee♪
04-10-2014, 05:15 PM
Shrimp fried rice. BEANSPROUTS AND CHIVES EVERYWHERE SO MUCH SCRAMBLED EGG~

Flaming Ice
04-10-2014, 06:51 PM
1. Add 7g sachet dried yeast to ¾ cup blood-temperature water, .

Are...are you a vampire :eek:?

Ratatouille and marinated steak (sake, rice wine vinegar, olive oil, spices)

Rantz
04-10-2014, 07:29 PM
I don't know if I have a signature dish. I change it up a lot so it's pretty rare that I repeat a recipe exactly! Though my roast chicken rarely fails even if I do vary the seasoning. And I make scrambled eggs into an artform.

Bones
04-10-2014, 07:41 PM
Make all these things tonight. I am hungry.

Flaming Ice
04-10-2014, 07:50 PM
Make all these things tonight. I am hungry.

McDonalds Halloween - Rock in My Shoe - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUqTiLCR4Ls)

Miss Mae
04-10-2014, 11:03 PM
1. Add 7g sachet dried yeast to ¾ cup blood-temperature water, .

Are...are you a vampire :eek:?

Oh no, my secret is out! Shh don't tell anyone.

(Is this not a phrase people use?)

Shorty
04-10-2014, 11:09 PM
It certainly isn't xD "room temperature" is probably the term most people use xD

Miss Mae
04-10-2014, 11:11 PM
Well clearly my mother is a serial killer who has touched a lot of blood then given that's where I picked that phrase up from. Scary.

Shorty
04-10-2014, 11:18 PM
Clearly :stare:

Miss Mae
04-10-2014, 11:27 PM
I've heard it used when talking about the temperature of a baby's bath water before. That's even more terrifying though, I suppose.

Miss Mae
04-10-2014, 11:37 PM
Yes, good, this is a thing I thought. I didn't think they were interchangeable. You want the water warm enough to activate the yeast and room temperature won't achieve that. A-little-warmer-than-room-temperature might be a better description for these vampire fearers.

Parker
04-11-2014, 12:51 AM
i've heard blood temperature a few times but ordinarily a specific temperature is given

Miss Mae
04-11-2014, 12:54 AM
I very rarely use specific temperatures for anything. No need to whip out the thermometer when you approximate everything as much as I do.

noxious.sunshine
04-11-2014, 03:42 AM
blood temp.

omg.

noxious.sunshine
04-11-2014, 03:43 AM
blood temp.

omg.

Flaming Ice
04-11-2014, 04:34 AM
Yes, good, this is a thing I thought. I didn't think they were interchangeable. You want the water warm enough to activate the yeast and room temperature won't achieve that. A-little-warmer-than-room-temperature might be a better description for these vampire fearers.

Lol...Tepid is the word for that. ;)

A-little-warmer-than-room-temperature might be a better description for these vampire fearers.

At least you didn't add garlic!

Rantz
04-11-2014, 06:58 AM
Body temperature is the word I would use rather than blood ditto.

Miss Mae
04-11-2014, 08:09 AM
My apparently strange turn of phrase really did manage to derail this conversation.

Parker
04-11-2014, 10:55 AM
Yea so I guess this newbie is now "the blood girl".

Mercen-X
04-15-2014, 02:58 AM
Pineapple-Cherry "Tropicana" Cake. My ex's dad refused to try it because "it's either a pie or a cake, it can't be both, so make up your mind" and also Of course, he liked to hassle me since I was plowing his daughter on a nightly basis so I really can't begrudge him much.

I also make an egg-noodle casserole. The key ingredients to the flavor are sour cream, corn, and pimientos. Of course, you can't bake sour cream, so you must dilute it into creamed soup. My mom refuses to let me delineate from the original recipe but I've always wanted to try cream of mushroom.

Jess
04-20-2014, 02:42 PM
I make a mean Lasagne. Oh, and chicken and mushroom pie.

I also make a yummy macaroni cheese... with onions and bacon. Mmmmm.

Rez09
04-21-2014, 03:59 PM
About all I make are cinnamon rolls and mac & cheese with hotdogs, which is probably why I'll never live to see 30, but at least both are really good. :P

I might have to steal Jess' idea and upgrade to bacon and onion mac and cheese now, though. :roll2
Is that stove-top or baked?

Jess
04-22-2014, 12:29 PM
I might have to steal Jess' idea and upgrade to bacon and onion mac and cheese now, though. :roll2
Is that stove-top or baked?

I forgot the mushrooms! I also include mushrooms.

I cook all parts on the stove (except the bacon, which I grill) and then I mix it all together with the cheese sauce and bake in the oven with grated cheese sprinkled across the top.

Bubba
04-22-2014, 01:26 PM
I also make a pretty mean stuffed peppers with mince, tomato, courgette, garlic and onions. I usually make it with some crispy roast potatoes. My girlfriend had the idea recently of serving it with mayo and it was basically the finishing touch to a masterpiece.

Its excellence can now be compared to the likes of Michaelangelo's David, Guernica by Pablo Picasso... and Can I Touch You There? by Michael Bolton.

noxious.sunshine
04-23-2014, 08:37 AM
I've done mac & cheese- I did a copycat of LongHorn Steakhouse's "steakhouse mac n cheese" with cavatappi pasta, gruyere, white cheddar, fontina, parmesan, and bacon..

Yes, I found the recipe here:

Longhorn Steakhouse Copycat Recipes (http://longhornsteaksathome.blogspot.com)

But what they got wrong is that there's crumbled bacon throughout the pasta and the topping consists of mixed Panko crumbs & grated parmesan- it isn't just straight parmesan on top.

It's mega good. I've only made it once, though 'cuz Jay is pretty lactose intolerant and can't eat cheese. :3

Rez09
04-23-2014, 10:06 AM
That sounds absolutely amazing; I'll have to try making it. :)

fire_of_avalon
04-23-2014, 04:27 PM
I'm most famous for my red velvet and hummingbird cakes which have led me to invitations as a live-in baker of red velvet and hummingbird cake. I also make a quiche that one of my coworkers said was evidence that I was "dangerous in the kitchen.". She may have meant my use of fatty ingredients though.

Pumpkin
04-23-2014, 05:03 PM
Lasagna and lemon tarts, the two dishes I have won prizes for.

My lasagna is amazing.