PDA

View Full Version : Feelings from forms of media

Jinx
04-10-2014, 03:13 AM
Twice in the last few months I've experienced a new phenomenon. I get this tingly elated feeling when I read a book that I just connect with. I've experienced it with Fellowship of the Ring and now One Hundred Years of Solitude. It's both a physical feeling as well as a mental feeling.

Has anyone ever experienced anything like that? Whether it's a book, show, movie, music?

Shorty
04-10-2014, 03:25 AM
I don't think it's a phenomenon. I think it's being emotionally affected by what is going on.

I get this with everything because I am a bleeding heart.

Scotty_ffgamer
04-10-2014, 03:40 AM
Like Shorty, I get this with everything, haha.

Jinx
04-10-2014, 01:14 PM
How do you guys get this with everything? That's kind of weird!

Parker
04-10-2014, 01:35 PM
I don't think it's that weird. I get it with books more than other sources though. Sometimes with movies. I'm a sucker for sad stuff too, cheesy plot lines in TV shows have made me tremble and I'm not going to embarrass myself by saying which shows did it.

Scotty_ffgamer
04-10-2014, 02:00 PM
I just get it from most everything because I emotionally connect with most everything. There are a handful of movies I've seen that don't give me this experience, but most of the media I seek after tends to have stories and characters that I am able to really connect with.

Shorty
04-10-2014, 03:00 PM
Yep, Scotty nailed it.

Bolivar
04-10-2014, 03:32 PM
I read a lot, so when I come across something that stands out as really special, I do get the kind of feeling Jinx is talking about. Really good books have this indescribable effect that you can't get from other media. Not necessarily better or worse, just unique to literature.

Lately I've been getting it from the Malazan Book of the Fallen series. Finished the first two and they're great, really ambitious epic fantasy.

Jinx
04-10-2014, 03:34 PM
Yeah, this is definitely more than just liking it or feeling strongly towards it. This is an actual physical experience, like you're floating or something. It's kind of like being high, almost.

Not saying that that isn't what you guys have been saying, just that I'm not sure if I explained myself well enough. :)

Ayen
04-10-2014, 06:00 PM
Doctor Who and Game of Thrones.

MY EMOTIONS! MY EMOTIONS!