PDA

View Full Version : Least Favorite Job

Wolf Kanno
04-10-2014, 03:36 AM
This game had a ton of Jobs but obviously not all of them can be winners in the eyes of all FF players. So which job did you rarely use? Why?

black orb
04-10-2014, 04:06 AM
>>> Ranger, it was only useful for the X-fight (or whatever its called) ability..:luca:

Karifean
04-12-2014, 02:27 AM
I actually liked Ranger quite a bit. I never cared much for the Berserker, though.

Colonel Angus
04-12-2014, 08:51 PM
I actually liked Ranger quite a bit. I never cared much for the Berserker, though.
I agree w/ this. Not having control of the character can be an issue. If I'm fighting multiple enemies & control one, that's the one s/he'll attack.

But, if you need to just whomp some baddies, give him the two-handed ability & a good axe/hammer, s/he can kick some tail.

Loony BoB
04-14-2014, 01:55 PM
Probably Chemist. I just dislike using items in battle in any RPG. Dunno why, just the way I am for some reason.

Pumpkin
04-14-2014, 02:28 PM
Probably Chemist. I just dislike using items in battle in any RPG. Dunno why, just the way I am for some reason.

I am the exact same way and so I would have to agree.

Also, playing VIII is always fun because I don't use the magic since I'm obsessed with having it always fully stocked, and I hate using items.

Wolf Kanno
04-14-2014, 04:23 PM
For me it has to be Freelancer and Mime, I feel both jobs kind of bork the game's otherwise really good challenge set-up. As I get older, I start disliking classes or character builds that make my whole party god-like Red Mages.

Colonel Angus
04-15-2014, 02:46 AM
I failed to mention the Dragoon. Kain was great in IV & Kimahri is awesome in X, but here it seems like an underwhelming class. For the love of god IDK why you can't hold a spear w/ two-hands to give it a stronger attack.