PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy X: The Worst Mothers Edition

Forsaken Lover
04-10-2014, 04:43 AM
Seymour's Mother: "Use me and defeat Sin. Only then will the people accept you."

Because you'll be DEAD,

She's telling her like, what, 6-10-year-old son to let her die and then to go kill himself so people won't persecute him anymore.

Jiro
04-10-2014, 06:27 AM
All of Spira supports the summoners and their suicide except for the Al Bhed. Hard to say Seymour's mother is at fault for wanting her son to be accepted and beloved because of his sacrifice for the greater good.

Sephex
04-10-2014, 06:46 AM
The road to hell is paved with useful Sphere Grid nodes.

Psychotic
04-10-2014, 08:59 AM
And what kind of monster names their son Seymour anyway? I can only imagine the Simpsons with Mrs Skinner yelling "SEYMOUR!" whenever I hear the name.

maybee
04-10-2014, 10:00 AM
And what kind of monster names their son Seymour anyway? I can only imagine the Simpsons with Mrs Skinner yelling "SEYMOUR!" whenever I hear the name.

And Seymour passing Yuna a letter saying.

" Dear Yuna, I want to SEE-mour of you "

Ayen
04-10-2014, 06:21 PM

You ruined it.

You ruined it forever.

black orb
04-10-2014, 11:21 PM
>>> Tidus: dam she is hot..:luca:

Jinx
04-10-2014, 11:35 PM
Nice pigtails, Seymour.

Jessweeee♪
04-11-2014, 07:41 PM
let's talk about how Tidus's mom just kind of idgaf'd out of there after Jecht disappeared :bounce:

Jiro
04-12-2014, 02:42 AM
let's talk about how Tidus's mom just kind of idgaf'd out of there after Jecht disappeared :bounce:

that's a strange spin on "the love of my life is dead and I am depressed and no longer eating and just die of heartbreak" :monster:

theundeadhero
04-12-2014, 03:00 AM
Tidus' mom didn't even like him when Jecht was still around.

Pumpkin
04-14-2014, 03:12 PM
Yeah Tidus had a lot of hatred for his dad, but his mom wasn't so great either. She wouldn't even look at her own son when Jecht was around.

I mean, I get you're in love, and dying of a heartbreak is awful, but pay attention to your son.

Ayen
04-14-2014, 05:31 PM
I get the feeling the people writing this game had something against mothers...

Jiro
04-15-2014, 12:39 PM
Tidus' mom didn't even like him when Jecht was still around.

According to the unreliable self-absorbed narrator.

Forsaken Lover
04-15-2014, 07:54 PM
We see a flashback, it's canon enough. There's no reason to think the flashbacks are unfair or warped. Especially since that whole bit in the Farplane is supposed to be a minor revelation for Tidus when he realizes Jecht wasn't quite as terrible.

Depression Moon
04-16-2014, 04:36 AM
So he was probably exaggerating about his mother too.

Skyblade
04-16-2014, 01:29 PM
We see a flashback, it's canon enough. There's no reason to think the flashbacks are unfair or warped.

Actually, there is. A lot of the flashbacks are warped distorted. Or not even flashbacks, but dreams/imaginings. Such as the whole Yuna/Rikku one that Jecht interrupts early on. All that the flashback really gives us is how Tidus perceived the events, not necessarily how they actually happened.

theundeadhero
04-17-2014, 07:07 AM
The only logical evidence shows that his mom wasn't a very good mom.
Anything else is just the realm of fan-fiction.

Forsaken Lover
04-18-2014, 09:00 AM
We see a flashback, it's canon enough. There's no reason to think the flashbacks are unfair or warped.

Actually, there is. A lot of the flashbacks are warped distorted. Or not even flashbacks, but dreams/imaginings. Such as the whole Yuna/Rikku one that Jecht interrupts early on. All that the flashback really gives us is how Tidus perceived the events, not necessarily how they actually happened.

That dream sequence is the only one like it in the entire game. The other flashbacks he has of Jecht are:

1. Calling him out on his drinking - Auron confirms Jecht was indeed an alcoholic
2. Jecht telling him he couldn't do the Jecht Shot and laughing at him.

I see no reason to doubt 2 at all.

So he was probably exaggerating about his mother too.

So you're saying the entire revelation that his daddy issues are really mommy issues is wrong? The point is proven enough when she chooses to DIE rather than live on with her son. The woman was hopelessly dependent on Jecht and loved him much more than her own child. The revelation on The Farplane confirms this even more.

Christmas
05-05-2023, 12:20 PM
And she turned into an ugly fish. :(