PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Way to Acquire a GF

Shorty
04-11-2014, 12:22 AM
Often times, one must fight a GF before they are to join your side, but there are a couple of other ways you can acquire them as well! For instance, you have to catch the Cactuar King before you can fight him, and you have to go out of your way to find the ring to draw Alexander from.

I loooved Odin's quest. The countdown, the little tasks with the demons, etc. That was perhaps my favorite. I'm also fond of fighting Cerberus, and fighting Ultima Weapon to acquire Bahamut.

What GFs were your favorites to acquire and why?

Scotty_ffgamer
04-11-2014, 12:52 AM
Odin's quest is number 1 for me.

The others you mentioned are some of my favorites. I also love fighting Diablos after getting the magic lamp just because of how random it is.

I'm going to add the Brothers as well, but they are near the bottom of Odin, Diablos, and the ones you mentioned as favorites. I just enjoy the dialogue when you meet them despite always getting lost and confused in the maze.

Ayen
04-11-2014, 12:54 AM
I liked going to the fire cave with the time limit and the magic lamp.

Shorty
04-11-2014, 12:55 AM
Diablos was great!

You know, I used to hate The Brothers, but I kindof like their quest now. It just reminds me too much of the Deling City Sewers, which I hate.

Scotty_ffgamer
04-11-2014, 01:04 AM
I agree there. I don't mind the sewers or the maze as much anymore just because I know them pretty well by this point. I just like the actual fight and interaction with the Brothers. I also like the fact that it's kind of a callback to the actual mythology of the minotaur in Minos' labyrinth. Sort of.

Aulayna
04-11-2014, 02:44 AM
Everytime I see GF, I think "girl friend." Which, brought a strangely true sense of depth to this:

Often times, one must fight a GF before they are to join your side,

Wolf Kanno
04-11-2014, 04:44 AM
Diablo, Odin, Cauctar, Tonberry, and Bahamut were all my favorites cause I liked they required a bit more than just Drawing from a boss.

Jiro
04-11-2014, 12:32 PM
Everytime I see GF, I think "girl friend." Which, brought a strangely true sense of depth to this:

Often times, one must fight a GF before they are to join your side,

I was going to respond with "by flirting" :monster:

I'm a big fan of Diablos and his recruitment.

Loony BoB
04-11-2014, 01:30 PM
When I think about it, I like the things like Odin, Diablos and Alexander the most because of how non-standard they were. But if every one of them were that way, I'd probably like them less...

Shorty
04-11-2014, 05:10 PM
I think it would be neat for each GF to have their own unique sort of mini quest to acquire them. Drawing and just finding them lying around is cool when you find them, but are inferior methods to mini quests.

WildRaubtier
04-12-2014, 02:33 PM
One person forgetting that Alexander is drawn from Edea at the end of disc 2, and Doomtrain is the GF obtained by using the Solomon's Ring is bad enough, but two people is embarrassing! :I

Cerberus definitely chose an interesting time to pop his head up.

Jiro
04-12-2014, 02:40 PM
Doomtrain was a bit of a pain in the ass but definitely worth

Shorty
04-12-2014, 03:20 PM
Oh, I get Alexander and doomtrain mixed up.

Skyblade
04-13-2014, 12:46 AM
Oh, I get Alexander and doomtrain mixed up.

Hint: Doomtrain is the one that looks like a train.

Shorty
04-13-2014, 01:46 AM
I should have been clearer. I get the ways the party acquires them mixed up.

Jiro
04-13-2014, 09:20 AM
lol

Pumpkin
04-14-2014, 02:53 PM
I hated the Odin sidequest.

Honestly I'm lazy and my favorite way was to draw them. Although I did like the aspect of using a GF against another GF like with Ifrit. It makes you wonder how well all of the GF's get along and want to see their personalities more.

Jiro
04-16-2014, 12:28 PM
The relationships between GFs would have been something awesome to explore. Their personalities just kind of dropped off once you recruited them.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
06-18-2014, 04:11 AM
Being able to acquire two at once just by logging on to my computer is pretty cool.