PDA

View Full Version : Build your own Final Fantasy.

Shorty
04-11-2014, 05:43 AM
No sequels, no spin-off plots, no reusing plots or worlds or characters (except for Cid).

Mine would begin fun and whimsical and lighthearted, and I'd have it maintain an air of whimsy as it progressed, but I'd contrast it with some deep, dark, possibly disturbing scenes or circumstances. I would really like to hold the player emotionally ransom by presenting the story both from the point of view of the protagonists and the point of view from the "antagonist"; I would either a) not have a real antagonist and just have two sides against one another, or b) the villain would have a damn good heartstring-tugging reason for the chaos he's causing everyone with whatever it is he's doing. Straight up evil is all well and good, but I love the idea of the protagonist not wanting to actually destroy their enemy because they pity them or understand them in some way, even though they've done all of these terrible deeds and need to be annihilated.

How would yours go? What super cute Final Fantasy creature would you feature as a companion? Would your lead be male or female? What mini game would you have? If you can't give me a full story, give me a scene, a boss fight, a moment of struggle, anything. Let's hear them!

black orb
04-12-2014, 05:10 PM
>>> For the world something similar to FF12.

Main character: A bad ass amazon-like warrior princess which is actually a guy raised as a girl. She/he would look like Fang from FF13 but maybe with bigger breasts..

Love story: the main character is forced to marry another princess (a girl) from a far away kingdom but our main character is actually in love with a low rank soldier (another guy) from the kingdom.
The kingdom`s royal marriage gets interrupted with the invasion of a super powerful army of Dark Knights from hell (or something).
After an intense battle the kingdom gets completely obliterated and our main character manage to escape with his lover (the low rank soldier) and then their journey begins..:luca:

Thats pretty much all I got so far.

Hey SE, you are totally free use my super awesome FF idea for the next FF game.. The success is guaranteed!.

Scotty_ffgamer
04-12-2014, 11:01 PM
What I immediately started picturing when I saw the thread title was essentially what you already wrote, Shorty, but the two viewpoints we are switching between are a brother and sister. I also would kind of like leaving who is "the bad guy" up to interpretation too. Although, if I did that I'd probably fall into something Square tends to do and have them both team up in the end to face a bigger threat. I don't know. I kind of like what VIII had going on with fearing sorceresses due to the Sorceress War and stuff, so I'm thinking something similar for the plot. Maybe the brother and sister might both be mages, and that's where some of the conflict lies. Magic isn't a terribly common thing in this world, and they are feared/prejudiced by the people in the world. I think it would be interesting to have the main protagonist/antagonist in a game be magic users with low physical power just because that's not something that seems to really be done in Final Fantasy games, at least in newer ones where you don't get to choose your classes at the beginning of the game.

I'm kind of iffy on what I would want for the setting. Right now I'm kind of in the mood for a good cyberpunk world, but I would probably want this FF to go back to a more medieval setting. Either way, I'd want it to be an expansive world with cities/towns to explore and optional dungeons holding mega-bosses, summons, and other cool secrets. The towns and dungeons would be full of little stories and lore about the history of the world that aren't really necessary for the main story, but expand upon it and bring more life to the world.

My game would have one set storyline with one ending because that's just what I personally prefer. I would like scenes and dialogue throughout the game to be different depending on how you interact with the characters though. Have things like the Golden Saucer date in VII where you just get little extra special scenes with people depending on your interactions.

As for mini-games, I'd like something like Triple Triad, but I'd make it a little easier to manipulate how rules are passed throughout the world. I like the idea of having a card game where there are variations of play throughout the world, but I wouldn't want an instance where something like a Random rule is now universal. But yeah, I just want Triple Triad as is with cards that match the world of this game. I also wouldn't have cards for the main cast at the start of the game; rather, character cards will be important people in the lore of the world. I would like it to where after you beat the game and have saved the world or whatever, then cards for your characters appear. This minigame will never be forced upon you, though you might have a forced conversation with someone who gives you a starter pack just so you know it exists in the world.

Battle system would be turn based like FFX. I like being able to switch out party members on the fly, and I also like being able to manipulate turn order like you can in X. I would have random encounters I think, but you'd be able to manipulate encounter rate from the get go.

I'll stop there for now.

Wolf Kanno
04-14-2014, 06:42 AM
I will have to come back to this, or maybe just be lazy and re-post what I did last time. :shifty:

metagloria
04-16-2014, 06:52 PM
Yeeeeahhh....I already spent several months doing this when I was 15 (over a decade ago). Got the entire world map, plot structure, boss battles, summons, weapons, complete...basically wrote the guide by writing the strategy guide for the game. Even tried to get in touch with Square to pitch it to them (never happened). Still reminisce about it though. I may post details when I have time later.

Ayen
04-16-2014, 10:51 PM
I made a written trailer for a Final Fantasy XVI game here (http://home.eyesonff.com/timber-maniacs-hq/153056-fanmade-final-fantasy-xvi-trailer-written-format-say-what.html#post3337311) a while back. So I'd just take that as my starting platform and run with it. It has a mix of that doom and gloom feel with classic Final Fantasy elements. There'd be your funny moments, it just isn't featured in the trailer.

Shorty
04-18-2014, 08:21 PM
Some good ideas! I would love t see move :jess:

Skyblade
04-18-2014, 08:39 PM
Only Cid, no Biggs and Wedge? Not a Final Fantasy.:mad:

krissy
04-19-2014, 05:27 AM
platformer based on switching between two colors/elements
art style of cave story
chocobo races on a platformer
no dlc

rocksteady92
04-26-2014, 03:09 AM
If I were to make my own Final Fantasy game, it would feature a plot that begins light-hearted to set the stage for the story, environments, way-of-life for the main characters and NPC's so the player can have a connection with the world because as the story progresses, the plot gradually becomes darker and eventually, nothing is the same at the end compared to the beginning. There will be four main characters, while the other three to four members are made up of side-characters from around the world (with different skills and abilities.) The main character is someone who is mere catalyst for the events of the game, a person who essentially a nomad-type person who meets people, doing jobs/quest for numerous people (to help explain certain customs, rules, traditions) until he finally meets up four other main characters as the story progresses, and from there, the story builds and the character, who is a young adult (early 20’s) is put in situations he has never been in before. In this world, there are three major groups that are at war with each other over a prophecy of the awakening of god-like entities. Those groups are at war with each other to stop one another from trying to awaken those deities, with each having their own reasons for awakening the entities. The main characters each are involved, in some way, to each of those groups, so you can better understand the motives of the groups, so expect a lot of plot twist. The kind of NPCS you recruit into your party will affect how you experience the plot, which cut scenes you see, etc.

I really like the exploration in XIII-2 and Lightning Returns, and the environments will be massive and full of opportunities to platform on buildings and objects to explorer every corner of the areas. I also have an idea where side-quests can affect many things (for example: doing a side-quest for one of the merchants in the area can influence what items you get and the price.)

There will be a day and night system (inspired by Pokemone Gold/Silver and Lightning Returns, except without anything being specified to days). NPC’s, monsters, side quest, access to areas, etc. will vary.

Also, you have to capture and raise your own Chocobo's and other creatures when it comes to using them to explore the outer-world map and in-world maps. Depending on how you raise them, they will have different specialties (ex: raising Chocobo A to be a bitter glider, Chocobo B to have more stamina and run faster, etc.) There will also be hunting mini-games involving attacking or hunting while on a Chocobo. If you raise your Chocobo well enough, it can even be a fourth party member in your party when applicable. Also, I like how XIII-2 and Lightning Returns deals with random encounters, so I want a similar system like that.

The battle system, in my opinion, will be like FF XIII-2, except you can switch between characters on the fly (both off and on the battle field) and you can access all roles instead of relying on the 6 paradigm decks. Doing a "paradigm shift" in this games just means that the battle menu is re-ordered according to the role you want and how you plan to attack your enemies (ex: use single-target abilities or wide-radius abilities). Each character will have TP/EP abilities similar to XIII and Lightning Returns.

How you develop your characters will depend on their levels, how you upgrade your armor, weapons, and accessories, and what kind of abilities you learn and how you upgrade them. I also have an idea of tying the summons into the equation, too. So in the game, you really have to experiment with how you equip your character. Some characters will be more inclined to have higher stats in a specific area, role, weapon, and type of magic/ability.

I like the idea of New Game Plus, so after beating the game, you can replay the game with some new-mechanics, a special challenge mode (think of an RPG version of the 2011 Mortal Kombat's Test Your Luck). New enemies will be introduced, bosses will be harder, etc.

Man I have so many ideas!