PDA

View Full Version : Request a Video Game Adaption

Ayen
04-13-2014, 03:15 AM
I've been thinking about branching out into other forms of media asides from just video games. Movies, TV, anime, etc. In order to do this I thought a subtle transition would be best. Since I'm primarily a video game critic looking at video game adaptions in other mediums would be the best way to get the ball rolling on this. The purpose of this thread is for people to request things they'd like to see me review in the future as long as it's an adaption of a video game. So go ahead, EoFF, do your worst :doublecolbert:

Request List
.hack [Anime]
BloodRayne [Movie]
Final Fantasy Unlimited [Anime]
House of the Dead [Movie]
Little Busters [Anime]
Monster Rancher [Anime]
Persona [Anime]
Pokemon [Anime]
Sands of Destruction [Anime]
School Days [Anime]
Steins;Gate [Anime]
Street Fighter [Movie]
Super Mario Brothers [Movie]
Tales of Series [Anime]

Flaming Ice
04-13-2014, 03:56 AM
Sands of Destruction

Shauna
04-13-2014, 11:52 AM
Pokemon (anime)
.hack (anime)
Final Fantasy Unlimited (anime)
Tales of Series (anime)

Dat Matt
04-13-2014, 12:03 PM
You should check out the following.

Higurashi (series)
School days
Steins; Gate
Little busters

All anime

Ayen
04-13-2014, 05:02 PM
I opened up the floodgate when I said anime, didn't I?

Pokemon (anime)

And there's my workload for the next three years.

Shauna
04-13-2014, 05:08 PM
You said to do our worst...

Ayen
04-13-2014, 05:21 PM

Yes, yes I did.

It should be fun. I haven't watched an anime since *remembers Sailor Moon episode recap yesterday* well, I haven't gotten into a new anime since... uh... *scratches head* Was it Strawberry Panic or Claymore? Smurf it, I can't remember.

Slothy
04-13-2014, 05:23 PM

Oh please, you're not even trying.

House of the Dead and Bloodrayne.

Now that's doing our worst.

Ayen
04-13-2014, 05:24 PM

Oh please, you're not even trying.

House of the Dead and Bloodrayne.

Now that's doing our worst.

*gets blasted across the air and lands on the ground*
KNOCKDOWN!

Slothy
04-13-2014, 05:31 PM
PS: I'm sorry.

Shauna
04-13-2014, 05:40 PM
There's bad quality (90% of VG adaptations) and then there's suggesting over 800 episodes worth of Pokemon, and the movies. :3

Ayen
04-13-2014, 05:49 PM
My brother and his girlfriend watched House of the Dead and got halfway through before shutting it off. I saw BloodRayne a few years back and the only good scene was Kristanna Loken making out with a woman but if I wanted to see that I'd watch The L Word.

In fact, why ain't I watching The L Word? It has everything I could ever want from a TV show.

Scotty_ffgamer
04-13-2014, 07:02 PM
The only other adaptations I can think of that haven't already been mentioned are Persona and Monster Rancher. I haven't seen the Persona anime, but I'm positive it's better to play the game before ever watching those. Monster Rancher was fun, at least I thought it was when I was a kid and still catching up on all those kinds of shows every week.

Slothy
04-13-2014, 07:05 PM
There's bad quality (90% of VG adaptations) and then there's suggesting over 800 episodes worth of Pokemon, and the movies. :3

We're not talking bad quality though, we're talking the absolute worst quality. Not going to lie, I'd rather watch the entire pokemon series than watch those two movies. At least I'd enjoy that (for a while anyway. I suppose burnout might happen).

black orb
04-13-2014, 08:44 PM
>>> Nothing good comes from videogame adaptations, but if you are up to it IŽll give you true hell..
Watch Street Fighter the movie, and Super Mario Bros the movie..:luca:

Ayen
04-13-2014, 08:51 PM
>>> Nothing good comes from videogame adaptations, but if you are up to it IŽll give you true hell..
Watch Street Fighter the movie, and Super Mario Bros the movie..:luca:

I was wondering when those were going to be mentioned.