PDA

View Full Version : For those of you with Game of Thrones sets:

Bones
04-13-2014, 09:58 PM
Why did you pick the character you did?

Ayen
04-13-2014, 10:05 PM
Because Arya is an awesome character and Maisie Williams is an awesome actress.

Plus I identify with relating more to the opposite gender.

Jinx
04-13-2014, 10:24 PM
Last year we did a thing where we said who on the forum reminded us of who on the show. The Summoner of Leviathan chose Melisandre for me, and I guess it kind of just stuck.

As for relating to her, I get the whole attitude of just not giving any fucks what anyone else thinks about her. I admire that.

Carl the Llama
04-13-2014, 10:33 PM
Because I like chickens.

Lonely Paper Star
04-13-2014, 10:58 PM
Yeah, last year, I was originally Arianne Martell, who's book-only for now. I got a little sick of looking at my set and decided to do Meera, since no one had her claimed. Decided to go with Meera again this year since she's in the show and Arianne still isn't. D:

Del Murder
04-13-2014, 11:04 PM
I was Tywin last year because he is the true ruler of Westeros just like I was the true ruler of EoFF. But my 'Hand of the Chocobo' days are over so I went with something different this time. Roose is a sneaky bastard who knows how to make the right relationships and use them to his advantage. He gets what he wants by any means necessary.

Madame Adequate
04-13-2014, 11:09 PM
Because I'm slimy, yet adorable.

Del Murder
04-13-2014, 11:16 PM
That's supposed to be a Varys set?

Carl the Llama
04-13-2014, 11:38 PM
That's supposed to be a Varys set?

You think the man tagged with the nickname "The Spider" is adorable?

EDIT: I have a great picture for anyone who wants to be little finger:

http://i.imgur.com/IOZJi2G.gif

Pontus gets my vote for this sig :D

Bones
04-13-2014, 11:45 PM
There's already someone with a Little Finger set.

The Man
04-13-2014, 11:54 PM
Same reason Jinx used Melisandre: Jaqen H'ghar was suggested for me. He isn't bothered by much, which I admire in a person.

Shorty
04-14-2014, 12:11 AM
I didn't know who Margaery was when I chose her, but now I've come to feel like she is perhaps the best character to resemble me.

Bones
04-14-2014, 01:33 AM
According to chat, apparently I have to follow ToriJ around everywhere due to my choice being Gendry and his being Arya. Anyway, I wasn't suggested Gendry at all. In fact, Sarah actually told me that Jon Snow would be my favorite character before I started watching and he most definitely was at first. In my opinion, he looks like a damn male Snow White, and something about those shoulder furs just makes me heave a sigh of admiration. But then there was Gendry: tough, rugged, strong, stubborn. "A bull-headed bastard." (Please keep in mind at this point I've only seen season 1 so far.) What I like about Gendry is that he lives a humble life, and he was born and raised as a blacksmith. From what I can gather he is a boy with a tender heart protected by weathered skin. He is the true heir to the throne, yet he lives and works basically in a damned stable and I don't ever imagine him complaining. Not once. He works hard for no other reason than he believes in his heart it is truly what he is supposed to do. His very first interaction with Arya shows us that he will protect those who he believes cannot protect themselves. By living like a peasant, he has become a greater king than not just Joffrey but any other man will ever be.

Shorty
04-14-2014, 01:35 AM
PS, this cretin has only seen the first season. Keep the spoilers to a minimum if you can! (we are working on season two today)

I also think my character fits me well because of a little joke about me dating a number of admins/staff members here and also because I am a hippie and Highgarden is clearly the hippie hangout.

Ayen
04-14-2014, 01:40 AM
According to chat, apparently I have to follow ToriJ around everywhere due to my choice being Gendry and his being Arya.

That explains why I bump into ya every time I turn around.

Stalker.

Bones
04-14-2014, 01:43 AM
According to chat, apparently I have to follow ToriJ around everywhere due to my choice being Gendry and his being Arya.

Stalker.

Damn. You've caught me.

Carl the Llama
04-14-2014, 01:55 AM

Stalker.

Damn. You've caught me.

Stalk the pup, you get The Hound.

P.s. you can bribe me with chicken.

Ayen
04-14-2014, 01:58 AM
I'm not a pup. I'm a wolf :colbert:

Formalhaut
04-14-2014, 01:59 AM
I'm thinking of making a Pod set but I'm not very creative, particularly with visuals.

I've been compared to Pod alot, basically. :eyebrow:

Bones
04-14-2014, 02:04 AM

What's a Hound to a Bull? I'm fresh out of chickens anyway.

Scotty_ffgamer
04-14-2014, 02:14 AM
Hodor.

Carl the Llama
04-14-2014, 02:15 AM

What's a Hound to a Bull?

Try and take the pup and you will find out. :twak:

Ayen
04-14-2014, 02:16 AM
All this talk of chickens is making me hungry.

Shorty
04-14-2014, 02:18 AM
Do it, Formy!

I love how Game of Thrones season brings us all together.

blackmage_nuke
04-14-2014, 02:24 AM
I thought Ser Dontos was already written out of the show and I didnt want to take anyone too awesome like Hodor or Sam incase someone else wanted them so I took someone a bit less memorable.

Also because I remembered the scene he had would make a good SFW GIF and if I took Hodor I wouldnt be satisfied with any signiature that wasnt a GIF of the scene where his cock sways gently in the wind in the Godswood

Lone Wolf Leonhart
04-14-2014, 04:52 AM
I chose Viserys Targaryen because I really like Harry Lloyd's acting. He's a convincing bad guy who I love to hate. He's arguably the show's first pain in the arse.

Freya
04-14-2014, 05:02 AM
Jorah is awesome and no one recognizes him. He just tries to get the approval of his khalessi but she just pushes him off for daario.

Princess Jorah ftw.

Bones
04-14-2014, 05:10 AM
Jorah is awesome and no one recognizes him. He just tries to get the approval of his khalessi but she just pushes him off for daario.

Princess Jorah ftw.

He's a badass, that's for sure! He's one of my favorites, actually.

theundeadhero
04-14-2014, 06:28 AM
That Littlefinger sig just looks like BoB doing an eyebrow wiggle.

I relate to the free folk more than all you stuffy southron lords and he's a pretty swell guy.

Iceglow
04-14-2014, 06:46 AM
Well, I was Jon Snow (because y'know I know nothing) last year. I've actually been too damn lazy and busy to develop anything else to use in between seasons. I suppose I could revert to the sets Baloki and Jiro made me some time ago but I'd like to do something new.

Jowy
04-14-2014, 06:51 AM
it'd be kinda asinine if i switched to my last set...

blackmage_nuke
04-14-2014, 08:51 AM
I wanted to make a new gif using episode 2 but the juggling shot was too short and every other scene theres an object infront of Ser Dontos' face.

Noctis Caelum
04-14-2014, 11:02 AM
Because my favourite character (Tyrion) was already taken. So I decided to take the black sheep character that is going to be awesome as fuck as the series progresses.

Also, did anybody know Ramsay's actor was originally going to get the role of Jon Snow, until Kit Harington got it? There's a mind fuck for you. Try and imagine Ramsay as Jon.

Aulayna
04-14-2014, 11:34 AM
I got Daenerys last year, this year she's taken, so I didn't change. :D

Psychotic
04-14-2014, 01:33 PM
I'm an ugly wisecracking fucker who in the Game of EoFF is the only one who speaks sense ;)

Dr Unne
04-14-2014, 11:02 PM
Maester Aemon is old. I'm old.

Carl the Llama
04-14-2014, 11:38 PM
I'm an ugly wisecracking fucker who in the Game of EoFF is the only one who speaks sense ;)

You trying to tell me you don't like chicken? :colbert:

Pike
04-14-2014, 11:39 PM
I don't do the GoT set thing because a.) everyone always takes my favorite characters before I do and b.) IT'S smurfIN CONFUSING

almost as bad as when everyone was Sailor Moon characters and thus I got everyone confused for weeks

Carl the Llama
04-15-2014, 12:56 AM
I don't do the GoT set thing because a.) everyone always takes my favorite characters before I do and b.) IT'S smurfIN CONFUSING

almost as bad as when everyone was Sailor Moon characters and thus I got everyone confused for weeks

Step one look at persons name, step two remember their sig. :p

Step three, eat every fucking chicken in the room.

Ayen
04-15-2014, 01:08 AM
Dry white toast, please.

Night Fury
04-15-2014, 04:22 AM
I stole Dany just like she will steal the Iron Throne.

Actually idk. Last year I was Arya but I think ToriJ has her down now so I needed another lady to be so I just picked Dany because I love Dragons I guess :shobon: I'm already thinking of ditching my set though and going back to Tali because Tali.

Freya
04-15-2014, 04:56 AM
Why pick a lady when you can have Jorah?

Madame Adequate
04-15-2014, 06:34 AM
I stole Dany just like she will steal the Iron Throne.

Can't steal what already belongs to you! :jess:

Shorty
04-15-2014, 06:35 AM
But.. it doesn't, or she would have it :confused:

Madame Adequate
04-15-2014, 06:41 AM
It's hers, everyone else is a usurper. Other people may sit on it and rule from it, but it belongs to Dany.

And one day she will reclaim what is hers.

Ayen
04-15-2014, 06:47 AM
We all know Dany is likely to die a slow painful death because she's one of the more popular characters and the person who ends up on the Iron Throne will be the last person that needs to be on it.

Night Fury
04-15-2014, 07:27 AM
It will obviously be Hodor who takes it, at the end.

Agent Proto
04-15-2014, 07:37 AM
I relate the most with Sam, and plus he killed a white walker, which makes him a total badass. :D

Lone Wolf Leonhart
04-15-2014, 08:56 AM
It's hers, everyone else is a usurper. Other people may sit on it and rule from it, but it belongs to Dany.

And one day she will reclaim what is hers.

Please.

Shlup
04-15-2014, 10:24 AM
I've had enough of these bullshit questions. Figure it out yourself, peasant.

Pike
04-15-2014, 10:32 AM
Iron Throne is Dany's; if anyone else ends up with it I'll be highly disappointed in the series

Jinx
04-15-2014, 12:32 PM
I've gotta echo Pike here. I'm not a fan of Dany, but it's hers. I know that the whole point of usurping a throne is that it no longer belongs to the people who had it before, but it's hers. DRAGONS.

Plus, I mean, if we're going with the next true heir of Baratheons, we'd have Stannis. Do we want Stannis? No, fuck Stannis.

blackmage_nuke
04-15-2014, 12:49 PM
Yea but if Stannis dies it can go to Shireen who is of a good age to marry Rickon or Bran not that age difference ever stopped anyone from marrying in Westeros.

Jinx
04-15-2014, 12:55 PM
Yea but if Stannis dies it can go to Shireen who is of a good age to marry Rickon or Bran not that age difference ever stopped anyone from marrying in Westeros.

KING RICKON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

blackmage_nuke
04-15-2014, 01:48 PM
But the Problem is if Shireen and Rickon get married Rickon will be killed at the wedding

Shorty
04-15-2014, 01:52 PM
hey guys how about we speculate in the actual game of thrones thread so as to not give anything away and foreshadow for people who are currently watching

escobert
04-15-2014, 02:38 PM
I am not using my Game of Thrones set because my character is dead :(

Rantz
04-15-2014, 06:21 PM
I chose Littlefinger, because at EoFF there are two kinds of people - the players and the pieces.

Bones
04-16-2014, 07:45 PM
Plus, I mean, if we're going with the next true heir of Baratheons, we'd have Stannis. Do we want Stannis? No, smurf Stannis.
Wrong. Gendry is truly next in line in the Baratheon bloodline, as he is the oldest son left of Robert.

Jinx
04-16-2014, 07:47 PM
He's a bastard. He can't take the throne. He's not even a recognized bastard, at that.

Shorty
04-16-2014, 08:20 PM
He's a bastard. He can't take the throne. He's not even a recognized bastard, at that.

True, but the Lannisters are all bastards as well, and have no royal claim to the throne. It's a good position for them, yes, but only because they weaseled their way into it.

Jinx
04-16-2014, 08:24 PM
I never said that the Lannisters had any legitimate claim to the throne. ;)

The two who have the most legitimate claims are Daenerys as a Targaryen and Stannis as Robert's true heir.

Ayen
04-16-2014, 10:29 PM
I suddenly want to see Dany take on Stannis.

Stannis: I have an army.
Dany: So do I.
Stannis: I have a witch.
Dany: I have a dragon.
*dragons start burning Stannis army alive*
Dany: Three dragons to be exact.

Please let this happen.

blackmage_nuke
04-16-2014, 11:48 PM
Theoretically the more of Stannis's men he sends to their firey deaths the more the Red God will support him. Should probably move this conversation to the other thread...